Federal League 2022

Who will win the Federal League in 2022?

• GlenOak Golden Eagles

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Green Bulldogs

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • Hoover Vikings

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • McKinley Bulldogs

Votes: 61 40.9%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 13 8.7%

• Total voters

Bull GreenDog

2021 was a great year for Federal League football, with Hoover, Green and Jackson all having special seasons, but it's time to look ahead to 2022. The league seems to be wide open, not sure there's a clear favorite. Hoover and Green lose big senior classes. Lake was very young and returns a lot. McKinley and Perry have a chance to take a step forward in their second seasons with new coaches. GlenOak finished the season strong and has a good sophomore class coming up. No idea what to expect from Jackson.

One thing we do know is that the Federal League is always interesting and exciting, and we can confidently predict that 2022 will be no different.

Last edited:

Eagles will have the best QB in the county the next three years. Take that to the bank. They win the Fed 2 out of next 3 years, possibly the next 3. Hartson is the best RB in the county but GlenOak's trio of running backs will be dominating.

Wait for the fall. GlenOak vs Massillon will be back to last minute drives like it should be
This is a Fed thread. Why are you being a moron, attempting to entice Massillon posters into an argument on a thread that has nothing to do with Massillon?

You made claims about GO, someone asked you for names of the talented young men you mentioned. Is Garcia instilling any discipline back into the program? I heard it went south for him when a certain highly touted RB started to run the show and tell the coaches, including Garcia, how things were going to be. Hopefully Garcia and Co. can keep this from happening again with the new players you speak of.

No argument. That’s how it was for several seasons and I hope you’re right, those were exciting and good opponents are hard to find.

Maybe Garcia saw something coming up through the system that lured him back (?).

This is a Fed thread. Why are you being a moron, attempting to entice Massillon posters into an argument on a thread that has nothing to do with Massillon?

You made claims about GO, someone asked you for names of the talented young men you mentioned. Is Garcia instilling any discipline back into the program? I heard it went south for him when a certain highly touted RB started to run the show and tell the coaches, including Garcia, how things were going to be. Hopefully Garcia and Co. can keep this from happening again with the new players you speak of.
LOL, I doubt. I know all the RB's and I assure you none have the attitude you speak of but whatever

No argument. That’s how it was for several seasons and I hope you’re right, those were exciting and good opponents are hard to find.

Maybe Garcia saw something coming up through the system that lured him back (?).
Next years Freshman class, Soph class and Junior class is what lured him back. Gonna be good times again for us. GlenOak is always a supporter of Massillon and we like playing you regardless of our team talent. We have lost more than we have won but when we do it feels real good.

I agree w/ Bull GreenDog, pretty wide open. Usually 1 or 2 stand out as a preseason pick, and often one of them is Perry. Not this time.

I'll pick who I usually pick - Canton McKinley. But little would surprise me. Perry might actually be a darkest horse of the bunch which is strange, but maybe they can use flying under the radar for a change to their advantage. Big year for that coach.

Lake should be really good... but you know how things go. Lol. Put or shut up time for DeGeorge. Has no reason not to win a federal league title next season.

You'd guess McK just takes it. No idea about the new Perry coach. Lake is always an also ran despite huge talent. Jackson always collapses at the end. GlenOak hasn't been good in quite a while.

Hoover and Green might have some more success than is expected.

I like Lake next year, but unfortunately Dan DeGeorge is still the coach, so I will take McKinley maybe! Once again Lake will go 5-5 with their mediocre average coach. I think Lake will have the best talent coming back though.

F
Ahhh, the backtracking begins. Your first post stated “next three years”, now it’s “maybe not next year”. Come on dude.
Wow. Not what i said at all. Sorry i even participated on Yappi. We in Plain are very excited about the nexr 3-5 years on the football field. I will leave it there. Folks like you ruin these sites. Your entire world revolves negatively commenting on anything anyone else says. Wow, just wow.

Last edited:
Eagles will have the best QB in the county the next three years. Take that to the bank. They win the Fed 2 out of next 3 years, possibly the next 3. Hartson is the best RB in the county but GlenOak's trio of running backs will be dominating.
I must’ve forgot how to read. I was talking about your QB comment.

Then you said:

Yes Burt will be a Soph next season
Maybe not next year , they will be close, but the following two years we shall see

You originally stated the kid will be the best QB in the county the next THREE years. Then I took the above comment as some backtracking. Negative? Nah, just realistic. You put a target on the kid (on this board) if he’s not at least halfway what you’d said he’d be. You’ll have people coming back saying “sure he was the best QB in the county”.

His name describes everything he post.
Pound salt.

You originally stated the kid will be the best QB in the county the next THREE years. Then I took the above comment as some backtracking. Negative? Nah, just realistic. You put a target on the kid (on this board) if he’s not at least halfway what you’d said he’d be. You’ll have people coming back saying “sure he was the best QB in the county”.
When PlainGoldenEagle said "maybe not next year, they will be close" I believe he was referring to GlenOak's chances of beating Massillon, not about whether the QB will be the best in the county.

TBH , after watching Green beat Mass, they should be the favorite for the 22' season. I think the coach figured it out as far as scheme..
1. Green
2. lake
3. Hoover

5. Mck

IMO .

Last edited:
TBH , after watching Green beat Mass, they should be the favorite for the 22' season. I think the coach figured it out as far as scheme..
1. Green
2. Mckinley
3. Hoover
4.Perry
5. Lake

IMO .
Hope so, but I feel like Green may be too young and inexperienced to make a run in 2022

Congrats to Green lineman CJ Dawson, who has committed to play at Tiffin next year. I think he can be an impact player for the Dragons in a couple of years. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that there aren't that many 300 pound defensive tackles in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference.

Not denying that the GlenOak QB (Burt) is talented. However, to say he'll be the best QB in Stark County over the next 2-3 years is not only bold, it's silly. QBs need time to develop and the Burt kid has yet to play in any meaningful Varsity games. Nevertheless, Stark County will indeed have some interesting QBs over the course of the the next few years. Top of the list has to be Massillon's Jalen Slaughter. Genuine talent. Hoover's returning QB, Carson Dyrlund could be a good one. Good size. Also, I would include Canton McKinley's Keaton Rode, who could develop into a very special QB during his next couple of years. Burt, Slaughter, Dyrlund and Rode look to be the best QBs coming through Stark County. Right now, Slaughter stands out above the rest.

I realize this is a fed thread but I think the top Qbs in the county next year are the South QB and the Central qb based on his running ability. The kid from Alliance is good as well.

Dyrlund may be replaced with sophomore QB. The sophomore QB has the better throwing arm. If Dyrlund can enhance his passing game, then I can see him being one of the best QB in the county.