Federal League 2022-23

Heres what the prophet is thinking...
1. McKinley - Nino Hill is him.
2. Give me the Vikes. Baum always gets those men right. Dyrlund, Ashby, and Braucher will stunt on the fed.
3. Lake - Hoover and Lake will be 2 & 3. Since Hoover is 2, give me da streaks here at 3
4. Perry - The Panthers are on the uprise. I LOVE THE WING TEE.
5. Jackson - Rohr has them bears on a downhill coaster. Besides the freshman QB, I don't see a whole lot to get excited about.
6. Green - They have some athletes but that 5 wide won't do anything without a serviceable QB. Unless they have a good QB coming up that I'm unaware of, it could be a tough year for the Bulldawgs.
7. GlenOak - Every year the Oak boys have athletes but they never put it together. I doubt much changes.
Wrong sport

Ya I'm not gonna make any predictions , but basically 5 of Perry's top 8 have not been seen in a perry varsity uniform before. They won't be last..
I hope Perry is much improved this year, but its hard for an outsider like me to predict much success from a team that had 1 win last year, a coaching change, and graduated 4 starters. I could be wrong.

I hope Perry is much improved this year, but its hard for an outsider like me to predict much success from a team that had 1 win last year, a coaching change, and graduated 4 starters. I could be wrong.
Completely understand your pessimism. If I were in your shoes I’d think the same. I can only go by what I’ve been told by those at their practices and scrimmages. Most Fed fans will treat Perry like the Missouri saying….show me and that’s ok, I want to see it too. Their first game is with a very good Louisville team on the 23rd. That should give us a good barometer of what the Panthers will be like win or lose.

Bad news for Green. Antonio Martin is out for the season due to his injury during football season. This will be the first Green basketball team without a Martin brother since 2014-15. It just feels wrong.

Now someone else needs to step up in the backcourt, which was already inexperienced to begin with.

Bad news for Green. Antonio Martin is out for the season due to his injury during football season. This will be the first Green basketball team without a Martin brother since 2014-15. It just feels wrong.

Now someone else needs to step up in the backcourt, which was already inexperienced to begin with.
That's too bad. What class is he in?

Sorry to read this. Very good player. My best for a speedy recovery. Hate to see a player from any team lose a season.

Last edited:
I think the Panthers will be much improved. How much remains to be seen. With the addition on an All Ohio player in the coaches son, who averaged 23 points a game, their leading scorer back in Joel Brown, 6-5 Luke Wolf, who came off the JV team as a freshman and was impressive, I hear Basham, the JV leading scorer two years ago, is coming back out after sitting out last year, mix in Toles’ younger brother and Kyson Walker, you just may have the making of a team that will be decent & improve as season goes on.
Sources tell me hat the FB QB came out? can you confirm this?

All right, now that all seven Federal League schools have finished their fall sports, its time to take a look at the upcoming basketball schedules. Here's what the first 10 days of the regular season will look like in FED country.

WEDNESDAY 11/ 23
Louisville @ Perry
Stow @ Jackson

FRIDAY 11/ 25
Lake @ Mentor

TUESDAY 11/ 29
Jackson @ Wooster
Perry @ Wadsworth
Louisville @ McKinley
Akron Garfield @ Hoover

FRIDAY 12/2
Green @ Jackson
Lake @ Perry
McKinley @ Hoover

SATURDAY 12/3
Alliance @ GlenOak

Barberton has decided not to honor their contract to play at Green next Tuesday. Because of this, the Bulldogs lose their season opener that has been scheduled for over a year, and are now down to eight home games. Green will now open on the road at Jackson next Friday, while the Bears will have the advantage of already having two games under their belt going into that game.

This is an embarrassing look for Barberton as this was the second year of a home-and-home series, and Green opened last season at Barberton, even though Green was down three players because the state semifinal football game was played the previous Friday. But, the Magics return the favor by taking the easy way out and avoiding a likely loss, while Green team loses their home opener and an opportunity to get some of their younger players some varsity experience before league play starts.

Barberton has decided not to honor their contract to play at Green next Tuesday. Because of this, the Bulldogs lose their season opener that has been scheduled for over a year, and are now down to eight home games. Green will now open on the road at Jackson next Friday, while the Bears will have the advantage of already having two games under their belt going into that game.

This is an embarrassing look for Barberton as this was the second year of a home-and-home series, and Green opened last season at Barberton, even though Green was down three players because the state semifinal football game was played the previous Friday. But, the Magics return the favor by taking the easy way out and avoiding a likely loss, while Green team loses their home opener and an opportunity to get some of their younger players some varsity experience before league play starts.
Was any kind of explanation given as to WHY they won't play that day? There has to be a reason.

Was any kind of explanation given as to WHY they won't play that day? There has to be a reason.
I thought so too, when I was putting together the post with next week's schedules for all of the league teams and noticed that the game was listed as cancelled, I asked someone who would know what was going on. Basically, Barberton thought they would get crushed, so they backed out. I'm 99.9% sure this is the case.