Fecko out at Mooney

If you get a chance watch his interview on WKBN-27. The man comes across as pure class. I doubt I would ever be able to be that constrained. He learned of this on social media?

Wow he said was blindsided, everybody knew in March he contract wasn't going to be renewed as for him doing something terrible it wasnt, but let's just say you shoudnt mess with certain people .

The way this was handled purely demonstrates the lack of organization at Mooney even with a new administration. If you really wanted to get rid of Fekco, you should have did it at the end of school year. To blindside someone who has been there for at least 20 years displays no loyalty or respect.
Please leave Coach Bucci out of this, he is not feeling well and was not part of this. As you can see he is getting pushed out as well. For all the people saying he wasn’t winning in the past few years need to realize a few things: the city schools are back and have good programs, Mooney enrollment is down which means they are not getting the athletes they had while making it to state consistently, and their schedule is brutal every year. With all of this they were still competitive at least. We all know Carl Pelini will not be at Mooney long bc he truly is a college coach. Don’t be surprised to see the name Tim Marlowe and Ron Stoops pop up. I keep hearing they been circling the waters for some time. What do you have to do keep your job...I don’t see Carl even making it to state or whoever the coach might be so do they get blindsided too down the road? Politics is an ugly game.

The way this was handled purely demonstrates the lack of organization at Mooney even with a new administration. If you really wanted to get rid of Fekco, you should have did it at the end of school year. To blindside someone who has been there for at least 20 years displays no loyalty or respect.
Please leave Coach Bucci out of this, he is not feeling well and was not part of this. As you can see he is getting pushed out as well. For all the people saying he wasn’t winning in the past few years need to realize a few things: the city schools are back and have good programs, Mooney enrollment is down which means they are not getting the athletes they had while making it to state consistently, and their schedule is brutal every year. With all of this they were still competitive at least. We all know Carl Pelini will not be at Mooney long bc he truly is a college coach. Don’t be surprised to see the name Tim Marlowe and Ron Stoops pop up. I keep hearing they been circling the waters for some time. What do you have to do keep your job...I don’t see Carl even making it to state or whoever the coach might be so do they get blindsided too down the road? Politics is an ugly game.
Politics take over at most schools sadly

Lol they won the State Title in 2017...
Then got blasted by hubbard then bounced again early last year, Mooney has had a bad record, but to say they wouldn’t give Steubenville everything they would want is asinine to say. Mooney plays Steubenville’s schedule they never miss the playoffs the last 5 or so years

Now that the shock of this is over, I want to ask the Mooney guys a question about an old WWR/Mooney game at Stambaugh that would have been the 1985 or 1986 season.

Mooney won 7-6, if I recall correctly, with a game-saving tackle on the Raiders‘ tight end down around the 5 yard line toward the right end of the field viewing from the home stands. Can anyone tell me who made that tackle? Could it have been Bo Pelini? He graduated in 1986, right? This thread got me thinking about that game against and so I thought I’d ask.

Now that the shock of this is over, I want to ask the Mooney guys a question about an old WWR/Mooney game at Stambaugh that would have been the 1985 or 1986 season.

Mooney won 7-6, if I recall correctly, with a game-saving tackle on the Raiders‘ tight end down around the 5 yard line toward the right end of the field viewing from the home stands. Can anyone tell me who made that tackle? Could it have been Bo Pelini? He graduated in 1986, right? This thread got me thinking about that game against and so I thought I’d ask.
I put my money on YTOWN, giving you the correct answer

Then got blasted by hubbard then bounced again early last year, Mooney has had a bad record, but to say they wouldn’t give Steubenville everything they would want is asinine to say. Mooney plays Steubenville’s schedule they never miss the playoffs the last 5 or so years
Oh I thought you were being factual...my apologies.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" and Big Red nation has been preparing this meal for a while, but first and foremost, lets stay safe . Much respect to Youngtown Mooney

You have to win ball games. They are going on 3 losings seasons in the last 5 years. 2 consecutive 4-6 season over the past 2 years. 2014 one game over .500. 6-5.

You have to win ball games. They are going on 3 losings seasons in the last 5 years. 2 consecutive 4-6 season over the past 2 years. 2014 one game over .500. 6-5.
When you play a schedule like that and don’t get the players you’re accustomed to getting it’s tough. If they played a D4/D5 schedule they wouldn’t have losing seasons. Coming from someone who doesn’t like Mooney it’s just a fact

When you play a schedule like that and don’t get the players you’re accustomed to getting it’s tough. If they played a D4/D5 schedule they wouldn’t have losing seasons. Coming from someone who doesn’t like Mooney it’s just a fact
Agree. They are in a tough spot. Do you lose players if you schedule were you should? But, they will definitely win more games and lock in a playoff spot every year. The draw of competition probably was a factor a few years back. Maybe the city in general, folks are moving away? You are correct and if that change would have been made a few years ago things could be a lot different.

Agree. They are in a tough spot. Do you lose players if you schedule were you should? But, they will definitely win more games and lock in a playoff spot every year. The draw of competition probably was a factor a few years back. Maybe the city in general, folks are moving away? You are correct and if that change would have been made a few years ago things could be a lot different.
I don’t think they’d lose any kids with an easier schedule. Mooney has a certain pedigree that they don’t need to worry about that stuff anymore. But it’s hard to schedule easier teams when no one wants anything to do with you in your own backyard.

I’ve been hearing for some time that Mooney is coming apart at the seams in all aspects from the top down all the way through academics, athletics, facilities, extra curricular,,,everything. Alumni are jumping ship, enrollment dropping like a rock, finances a mess,,,really bad. Now that Bishop Murray is gone, the next bishop is going to have to clean up the mess and that doesn’t bode well for Mooney. Could just be the beginning of the end,,,it’s bound to happen.

I thought Mooney played a tough schedule because it prepared them for the playoffs? What they have found out is that that doesn't work so well when you don't have the depth and players to win most of them.
They did for a LONG LONG time. Now they are seeing the other side.
With the right coach and support, they will be back.
(My alma mater Harding had to scale back for the same reasons)

I thought Mooney played a tough schedule because it prepared them for the playoffs? What they have found out is that that doesn't work so well when you don't have the depth and players to win most of them.
The tough thing for Mooney is the enrollment #’s just aren’t there and aren’t likely to get considerably better. There’s only 35-40 boys per class. They had no freshman team last year there were so few freshmen out. They may get themselves back to competing in D4 but I don’t see them ever getting back to a point where they are going to be competing with the top bigger school programs. You can probably say the same for all the former SVC schools as all enrollments and talent level/depth in the area continues to drop.

What revenge lol
Mooney has been a thorn in many teams side and Big Red is no exception, I remember some lopsided games in which Beechum and company wrecked us and at least one terrible call likely cost us a State Championship. Nothing but respect for that program, and the "revenge" is only because they are such highly regarding

Mooney has been a thorn in many teams side and Big Red is no exception, I remember some lopsided games in which Beechum and company wrecked us and at least one terrible call likely cost us a State Championship. Nothing but respect for that program, and the "revenge" is only because they are such highly regarding
But... what revenge is big red taking on mooney right now? Lol

Some games they scheduled for that reason but mainly is because they would pull kids from other schools in their area and those schools basically said no Mooney on the schedule. They arnt getting the kids anymore because a lot of kids are staying at their home schools now in this area

Some games they scheduled for that reason but mainly is because they would pull kids from other schools in their area and those schools basically said no Mooney on the schedule. They arnt getting the kids anymore because a lot of kids are staying at their home schools now in this area
With the economy like it is, numbers are sure to drop even more.
Between the virus and the cost of sending a child to Mooney, many families just won't be able to afford it anymore.

I don’t think they’d lose any kids with an easier schedule. Mooney has a certain pedigree that they don’t need to worry about that stuff anymore. But it’s hard to schedule easier teams when no one wants anything to do with you in your own backyard.
If a bunch of "adult" administrators were not worried about political BS there would be a great football conference that would be competitive and beneficial for all with Chaney, East, Ursuline, Mooney, Canfield, Fitch, Boardman, Warren.

If a bunch of "adult" administrators were not worried about political BS there would be a great football conference that would be competitive and beneficial for all with Chaney, East, Ursuline, Mooney, Canfield, Fitch, Boardman, Warren.
It’s more then the administration forsure, but I do agree it would be a good conference. Fitch and warren would be at the top annually though

It’s more then the administration forsure, but I do agree it would be a good conference. Fitch and warren would be at the top annually though
Fitch, Warren Harding and Boardman would have a significant advantage in enrollment numbers over the other schools you mention. Plus, two of these bigger schools are open enrollment. Good coaching, strong programs and hard work figure into it, too, but numbers matter a lot.