Fecko out at Mooney

The guy admitted to cocaine use. Why would you want him coaching 14-18 year old kids?

Mooney can do much better for a leader of kids.

The man was rising to the highest levels of football. He was an extremely successful football coach. He made a mistake, maybe he had an addiction. It is a decade later and he has not had any problems any place he has coached since that I know of. I believe as a person who has had struggles, fallen from grace, maybe he can teach kids some valuable life lessons. We know he can coach football. I say good luck to Carl Pelini and hope they bring the Cardinals back to being a state power. As for PJ Fecko, something bad had to happen to relieve him of his duties a few days before double sessions. Who knows. He did good things at Mooney as well over the years, better than good things really. He won a few titles I believe. Good luck to him going forward.

For the record I've never voiced support for separate tournaments for public and private schools. You can't cite one example of me doing so because that's false.

If that's the sole reason you throw out that term on the internet then so be it. I think your school has been dirty for many years. I'd say the same thing face to face to you or anyone else. So you wouldn't like me in the real world either if this is the reason. Nothing I say on here would be held in for an in person thing. Not like I'm threatening people on here or anything ?

And that has nothing to do with Carl Pelini who coached at my college so I can confirm the claims are true. More than anyone on here who just read the stories online

People change buddy. You have to to give people a second and sometimes even a third chance in life. We all have made mistakes. He has paid a penalty. A big one.

Mooney threads have gotten ugly in the past,,,but I have to admit,,,this is the first time that a Mooney thread got twisted sideways by a Mentor fan and a St. Ed fan. Hopefully, a Steuby fan or three will make an appearance to really turn the heat up,,,

People change buddy. You have to to give people a second and sometimes even a third chance in life. We all have made mistakes. He has paid a penalty. A big one.
Not when it comes to being in charge of kids you don't. This is a terrible situation for Mooney to put the team in.

Cardinal Mooney High School has a ton of respected and successful alumni. I do not know this man, but I cannot believe they would stand for the school putting him in charge of their football team unless he is reformed.

Cardinal Mooney High School has a ton of respected and successful alumni. I do not know this man, but I cannot believe they would stand for the school putting him in charge of their football team unless he is reformed.
I would agree but the Mooney alumni and fan base is very, very nervous right now. Chaney is surging and with Reardon back at Ursuline, they cant afford to slip too far behind. The athletes aren't going to the Cardinals presently and that has them doing things they wouldn't normally do. Bringing in Pelini, now, is evidence of that.

I miss interacting with their fan base.

While JJ and his Gestapo Mods tended to be more sympathetic to a rural public school crowd Mooney fans were one of the groups that got the favored treatment that fell outside of that core constituency. Because of this they were well represented and I could always go there to bust balls with these folks in an intelligent and lighthearted manner. Gone are the days...

Extremely successful? He absolutely sucked at my college and it wasn't just the drugs. Guy was horrible as a whole and an awful coach.

I thought you promoted staying out of other school’s thread? But it is always nice to see your Bologna Sandwich spread all over the board. I’ll see you on the mentor thread now that your policy has changed.

I thought you promoted staying out of other school’s thread? But it is always nice to see your Bologna Sandwich spread all over the board. I’ll see you on the mentor thread now that your policy has changed.
This isnt a Mooney team thread. This is about a coaching hire and he happens to have coached at my college

So I can comment on his drug use and the other stuff said about him. All true and it's not being talked about completely either btw

I won't be in a Mooney team thread though.

You troll threads for schools like mentor and eds in their season thread. Not surprised you are too dumb to see the difference

Mooney threads have gotten ugly in the past,,,but I have to admit,,,this is the first time that a Mooney thread got twisted sideways by a Mentor fan and a St. Ed fan. Hopefully, a Steuby fan or three will make an appearance to really turn the heat up,,,
You asked and you shall receive. Since Mooney's recruiting talent has declined so has their dominance. Big Red can't wait to get their hands on them this season!

I would agree but the Mooney alumni and fan base is very, very nervous right now. Chaney is surging and with Reardon back at Ursuline, they cant afford to slip too far behind. The athletes aren't going to the Cardinals presently and that has them doing things they wouldn't normally do. Bringing in Pelini, now, is evidence of that.

The beginning of the end was when they decided to stay in their present location instead of go with the approach the more progressive alumni wanted which was to relocate and rebuild. The suburban kids they were used to getting jumped ship to public schools or Ursuline and the inner city kids are no longer leaving in droves to play at Mooney. The well is drying up on Erie St.

You need him more. At least his recruiting might get you guys into the endzone. Lol. Score yet?
Massillion has been the example of consistency for decades now and coaches across the state are using their example to help coach their kids in the 2020 season. Coaches everywhere are telling their kids you need to practice social distancing like Massillion athletes have distance themselves from winning state championships every year ? Close but yet still far away

Massillion has been the example of consistency for decades now and coaches across the state are using their example to help coach their kids in the 2020 season. Coaches everywhere are telling their kids you need to practice social distancing like Massillion athletes have distance themselves from winning state championships every year ? Close but yet still far away

Are you an adult? You don’t sound like one.

You asked and you shall receive. Since Mooney's recruiting talent has declined so has their dominance. Big Red can't wait to get their hands on them this season!
Still will be a good game. Big red isn’t exactly what they used to be either

I still can’t believe Bucci did PJ dirty like that. You cannot tell me that if Bucci walked in and told the pres, principal and AD “we’re not firing him five days before the start of practice” that they would dump him. No way, if Bucci doesn’t make the call, it doesn’t happen.

I'm late to this party, but this seems insanely late in the game to make a wholesale change like this... unless they anticipate no fall season or one not starting until October...

What are the reasons for the change, like bonafide reasons?

Coach Fecko managed well the challenge of following a very successful coach in Don Bucci. PJ won a lot more games than he lost, won state championships and came in second a few times. (That’s a good run!) Throughout it all, he avoided controversy, sent a number of players to college and always seemed to remain above the fray when it came to comments to the press or other media.

I’m surprised that Coach Fecko’s departure wasn’t handled more smoothly; not so close to the season and not allowing him to appear with AD Bucci to be to announce his “retirement”. That would have been a more graceful way to handle his departure. Coach Bucci’s lack of visible involvement in this whole event is surprising

I still can’t believe Bucci did PJ dirty like that. You cannot tell me that if Bucci walked in and told the pres, principal and AD “we’re not firing him five days before the start of practice” that they would dump him. No way, if Bucci doesn’t make the call, it doesn’t happen.

I’m pretty confident in saying Bucci supported Fecko to the end. Making a new Associate AD position for Pelini is signaling the pushing aside of Bucci. He will be AD in name.

Watched the interview on wkbn with PJ... he was blindsided by this he says. Mooney didn’t tell him they were seeking someone else and he found out via social media. What a disgrace. The man won 4 state titles and went to 3 more. 159 wins!! Cant expect much more from them though.

If Fecko was relieved of duties 1 week before the start of doubles without doing something other than they wanted to go a different direction, Mooney is dead wrong. He had to have done something pretty bad for this to happen IMO.