Favorite Restaurants in your area.

The Butler

Pizza: Pizza Oven I’m just old and traditional however only buy at 30th street Pizza Oven (they have the older ovens much better cooks hotter)
About to relocate due to the US 62 project. That store is moving to Market and 55th. And the trick around the older ovens at the newer stores is to ask for it "extra crispy". They will leave it in an extra minute.

irish_buffalo

KT's Suder and benore strip mall. Diner pure and simple. No pretense. Old fart regulars. Books and games for the kids. Local photos on the wall.

Michael's: As far as I know they do. During this C-19, they'll make family meals. I've only been to one catered, a commordore's ball at St. Michael's. I had no idea they were that good. Kept thinking, "they're in the Eastside?" Turns out, that's not an uncommon wondering. Feels like a blessing having them in the neighborhood.

Sidon's: On Dorr behind Ottawa Hills. Stop by the food market next door. Some different selections than Tiger Deli. Food market must share the same kitchen because the restaurant costs are the same as the deli costs, no mark-up. It's across the street from a Patron St Brew. Perfect marriage. Sober halal across from booze where you can carry in food. PSB doesn't open until 4 (I think). Definitely recommend Sidon's. As good as Dearborn, swear.

Calvino's. A true Bistro for sure. Used to be college and nieghborhood types after work. Maybe hipster now, the neighborhood has been attracting younger people. That's good for a city neighborhood, so I've no complaints.

Black Forest: I went out there once. Awful quiet and I wouldn't say the food (desert) was freshest. I figured they didnt get much traffic. Liked the atmosphere though, I'll have to try again once this is all over.
Man you get around.

I will definitely try KT's and Sidon's once the world gets moving again.

eastisbest

Man you get around.

I will definitely try KT's and Sidon's once the world gets moving again.
Sidon's is on Bancroft, not Dorr. Got my streets mixed up. Remember, I taught at University. Hence Calvino's and Sidon. MY favorite (only) Japanese type place was in that mall Dorr and Secor but they closed and became something I don't want to go to. KT's was recommended to me or I'd have never found it. Other places going to football games.

There are tons on Alexis I've wondered about but never got to. If you're ever up Monroe, Mi way, try Pete's Garage. Levi and Lilac's in Maumee is a whisky bar (nothing homemade though) with good aps and burgers in a cool building. Really worth the drive. Couple places I like in Maumee but none so far in PBurg. Ypsilanti, we really like The Wurst Bar, for homemade wurst, extensive Mich craft beer selection and Bombers for great breakfast and American n general. Other than Metzker's, not been too enamored with Ann Arbor. Not for the costs anyhow.

You're working all over this country, you don't have more places here you like? What about in the country towns headed East? Anything you been to out there?

irish_buffalo

Sidon's is on Bancroft, not Dorr. Got my streets mixed up. Remember, I taught at University. Hence Calvino's and Sidon. MY favorite (only) Japanese type place was in that mall Dorr and Secor but they closed and became something I don't want to go to. KT's was recommended to me or I'd have never found it. Other places going to football games.

There are tons on Alexis I've wondered about but never got to. If you're ever up Monroe, Mi way, try Pete's Garage. Levi and Lilac's in Maumee is a whisky bar (nothing homemade though) with good aps and burgers in a cool building. Really worth the drive. Couple places I like in Maumee but none so far in PBurg. Ypsilanti, we really like The Wurst Bar, for homemade wurst, extensive Mich craft beer selection and Bombers for great breakfast and American n general. Other than Metzker's, not been too enamored with Ann Arbor. Not for the costs anyhow.

You're working all over this country, you don't have more places here you like? What about in the country towns headed East? Anything you been to out there?
Pete's Garage. Good stuff. Pete's was always our meeting place when the Toledo unions would meet with the Detroit unions. Everyone would leave their doors open as they started their cars upon leaving. Haha.

Luna Pier has a couple great places.

I have been around, much like you, and I've found that no one does bar comfort food, especially wings and chunks like Toledo. Sidelines, Ralphies, Luckies, Jeds, Frickers are all tops.

Eastern way? Tackle Box is a given but we've talked through that. There is a place called the Limestone Tavern in Rocky Ridge that has BIG burgers. In Catawba there is Waldo Peppers. Great menu and never had a bad meal. Marblehead has a great little pizza joint in downtown.

Caddyshack pizza on Kelley's Island is old school great. Bread bowl Lobster Bisque is a must on the Boardwalk at PIB. I also like a Frosty's pizza.

adog

Not much in my little town besides pizza shops so will add a few from Lima as well
Pizza: Fat Jacks or Beer Barrel
Thai: Thai Jasmine
Burgers: KewPee
BBQ: Cecils Grill
Italian: Casa Lu Al and Viva Marias (in Ada)

eastisbest

Eastern way? Tackle Box is a given but we've talked through that. There is a place called the Limestone Tavern in Rocky Ridge that has BIG burgers. In Catawba there is Waldo Peppers. Great menu and never had a bad meal. Marblehead has a great little pizza joint in downtown.
Those are new to me in that list. Thanks. I always figured there had to be some good places between Oregon and Sanducky. I'm not one to order wings, just meals. Anyplace worth the drive? Figure I can visit a park then eat lunch.

irish_buffalo

Those are new to me in that list. Thanks. I always figured there had to be some good places between Oregon and Sanducky. I'm not one to order wings, just meals. Anyplace worth the drive? Figure I can visit a park then eat lunch.
Well you asked. Lol.

An awesome drive once the weather turns nice is to head down to Port Clinton drive through and take a left at Sand Rd. and follow Route 53 all the way around Catawba Island. There are some really cool pit stops along the way. The first cool aspect is you climb a subtle cliff and overlook the lake and South Bass Island (you forget you are in Ohio). Then stop at Catawba Island State Park and chat with the fishermen on the pier. It is across from Catawba Island Yacht Club so you get a glimpse of some really nice boats. At the tip of Catawba there is a nice little ice cream shop right before the Miller Ferry. On the backside of the Island stop at Gem Beach, which is a hidden little cottage community with a nice beach. When 53 hits 163 you are at Waldo Peppers (meal #1). From there head over to East Harbor State Park (great park & beach), then follow 163 around Marblehead and be sure to stop at Lakeside. Lakeside is one of the prettiest places in the summer. Old gated Methodist community where all of the cottages were built in the late 1800's early 1900's. Just tell them you are passing through and they will let you in without charge. They have some shops and a nice pier and swim area. Once out of Lakeside you pass through downtown Marblehead where Bruno's Pizza is located (meal #2). Just past there you will run into the Marblehead Lighthouse where you can stand on the shale and look across Lake Erie to Cedar Point Amusement Park. Finally, the next stop, and you REALLY have to look for it, is Johnson Island. It costs $2 to cross the bridge (feed money into a machine). Once there hang a right and drive around the Island to the Quarry marina and past that until you hit the Confederate Cemetery. Pretty neat and sobering experience reading all of the headstones of young men from the South who met their demise on a small Island in Sandusky Bay. Head back to 163, continue on the South Side of Marblehead along Sandusky Bay until you hit Route 2 and then head home. Once a summer the wife and I take the in-laws on this day trip and they love it.

PantherProud

For those in the South Dayton area, we really like the Famous Restaurant on 48 in Centerville. It's owned by the same people who own DoubleDay's (and now Monster Pizza I think), but is a bit more upscale. Great food.

We also love Milano's, who has a few locations in the Dayton area.

Belly35

About to relocate due to the US 62 project. That store is moving to Market and 55th. And the trick around the older ovens at the newer stores is to ask for it "extra crispy". They will leave it in an extra minute.
That is a good point.... Also the new location will have the older deep fried for the wings, crispy wings

fortfan

Well you asked. Lol.

An awesome drive once the weather turns nice is to head down to Port Clinton drive through and take a left at Sand Rd. and follow Route 53 all the way around Catawba Island. There are some really cool pit stops along the way. The first cool aspect is you climb a subtle cliff and overlook the lake and South Bass Island (you forget you are in Ohio). Then stop at Catawba Island State Park and chat with the fishermen on the pier. It is across from Catawba Island Yacht Club so you get a glimpse of some really nice boats. At the tip of Catawba there is a nice little ice cream shop right before the Miller Ferry. On the backside of the Island stop at Gem Beach, which is a hidden little cottage community with a nice beach. When 53 hits 163 you are at Waldo Peppers (meal #1). From there head over to East Harbor State Park (great park & beach), then follow 163 around Marblehead and be sure to stop at Lakeside. Lakeside is one of the prettiest places in the summer. Old gated Methodist community where all of the cottages were built in the late 1800's early 1900's. Just tell them you are passing through and they will let you in without charge. They have some shops and a nice pier and swim area. Once out of Lakeside you pass through downtown Marblehead where Bruno's Pizza is located (meal #2). Just past there you will run into the Marblehead Lighthouse where you can stand on the shale and look across Lake Erie to Cedar Point Amusement Park. Finally, the next stop, and you REALLY have to look for it, is Johnson Island. It costs $2 to cross the bridge (feed money into a machine). Once there hang a right and drive around the Island to the Quarry marina and past that until you hit the Confederate Cemetery. Pretty neat and sobering experience reading all of the headstones of young men from the South who met their demise on a small Island in Sandusky Bay. Head back to 163, continue on the South Side of Marblehead along Sandusky Bay until you hit Route 2 and then head home. Once a summer the wife and I take the in-laws on this day trip and they love it.

I miss taking that drive. used to do it couple times a year, but haven't been for a couple years. Dad was a United Methodist minister and they had a yearly conference at Lakeside. Brown's Dairy at the Dock was ALWAYS crowded. Netty's chili dogs was always a must stop. chili dog, rootbeer float, fries!!