Favorite movie that you feel is underappreciated?

There’s a few comedies I know aren’t “good” movies but they make laugh every time:

Dirty Work
Observe & Report
MacGruber

Dirty Work flies way under the radar sadly. Norm, Artie, Sandler, Farley, Christopher McDonald, Don Rickles, Chevy Chase. When Kenny Norton knocks out Gary Coleman with that one punch I absolutely lose it.

Cadillac Records

Strange Days

He Got Game

The Temptations (4 hrs long)

Copland

The Man Without a Face

Without Limits (Steve Prefontaine)

Beautiful Girls (“I might just grow to be 5’10”. I’ll be hot”.)

Contact

She’s the One

A River Runs Through It

Cadillac Records

Strange Days

He Got Game

The Temptations (4 hrs long)

Copland

The Man Without a Face

Without Limits (Steve Prefontaine)

Beautiful Girls (“I might just grow to be 5’10”. I’ll be hot”.)

Contact

She’s the One

A River Runs Through It
Beautiful Girls was awesome!!

What We Do in the Shadows (2014)
In Bruges (2008)
Office Space (1999)
This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
Masterminds (2016)
Superbad (2007)
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (2016)
Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)
True Romance (1993)
Hell or High Water (2016)
No Country for Old Men (2007)
Good Will Hunting (1997)
Avalon (1990)
The Last Black Man in San Francisco (2019)
The Pianist (2002)
Whiplash (2014)
Believeland (2016)
Undefeated (2011)

Taking it to the sports realm, North Dallas Forty is tremendously underrated. The few guys I know who have played pro ball all say it's extremely realistic.

What We Do in the Shadows (2014)
In Bruges (2008)
Office Space (1999)
This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
Masterminds (2016)
Superbad (2007)
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (2016)
Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)
True Romance (1993)
Hell or High Water (2016)
No Country for Old Men (2007)
Good Will Hunting (1997)
Avalon (1990)
The Last Black Man in San Francisco (2019)
The Pianist (2002)
Whiplash (2014)
Believeland (2016)
Undefeated (2011)
I’m not sure how the highlighted are under appreciated. No Country For Old Men is widely recognized as one of the best movies made in recent memory.

I’m not sure how the highlighted are under appreciated. No Country For Old Men is widely recognized as one of the best movies made in recent memory.

I'll agree with you on Superbad, but seems too many (especially young) people I talk to have never even heard of the other 3 movies, lol. ?‍♂️

Wind River 2017 film with Jeremy Renner. Was on Netflix not too long ago.
Probably should’ve gotten a best pic nom, but it was the last movie released by Harvey Weinstein before #metoo. Baby Driver also got screwed that yr bc of the allegations vs Kevin Spacey.

Man you guys are bringing up some great ones.

Come Hell of High Water - I thought this was a GREAT movie that received little fanfare.
Den of Thieves
Dewey Cox: Walk Hard
The Goods

I still go back to MacGruber. I have a group of friends who all believe that movie is the most underrated of all time. The ability to make fun of every 80's and 90's action hero in one movie was great and Will Forte nails it.

I'm sure to get mocked and derided, but I've always enjoyed "School of Rock".

Not that there's anything wrong with that...?

I'll let myself out now.

My boys were young when this came out so it was an eye roll when they wanted to go. Turned out I enjoyed the heck out of it. This happened several other times where they drug me to movies I'd a never watched if it was not for having young kids.

Man you guys are bringing up some great ones.

Come Hell of High Water - I thought this was a GREAT movie that received little fanfare.
Den of Thieves
Dewey Cox: Walk Hard
The Goods

I still go back to MacGruber. I have a group of friends who all believe that movie is the most underrated of all time. The ability to make fun of every 80's and 90's action hero in one movie was great and Will Forte nails it.

Irish, I just have to say "You ain't half the boy Nate was! You ain't even half the boy that the top half of Nate was after you cut him in half! "

I loved that they made fun of every biopic movie. Seen one and you have seen them all.

Kid grows up under some kind of duress. Takes to music against someone's wishes. Gets told they will never make it by someone else. Breaks it big and struggles with the fame. Overcomes those struggles. The End.

Probably should’ve gotten a best pic nom, but it was the last movie released by Harvey Weinstein before #metoo. Baby Driver also got screwed that yr bc of the allegations vs Kevin Spacey.
I really liked Baby Driver too. There will probably be a sequel in the next few years.