• Milky Way

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Twix

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

EagleGuy

Once upon a time, my desk "breakfast of champions" was a Three Musketeers candy bar and a can of Dr. Pepper.

Those days are long gone, but occasionally I find myself longing for a 3M and a cold glass of milk. (Dr. Pepper would be okay, too, for old times' sake).

What is your favorite candy bar?

Can't go wrong with a good old regular Hershey bar.

I go in phases on this one. As a little kid, Hershey or M&Ms. As a teen, Butterfinger all the way. In later years, Milky Way, then 100 Grand, then Kit Kat, now a regular Hershey. My grandma used to buy one of the Hershey miniature variety bags each week. Regardless of what was left, she'd give the remainder of the old bag to us when we dropped her off after shopping (after Grandpa died, we took her to the grocery store b/c she never learned to drive). It worked out OK as we all had our favorite: Dad - Special Dark, Mom - Mr. Goodbar, Bro - Krackel, Me - Hershey.

Chocolate crunch booster bar. Any kid that comes knocking on my door, I usually buy out what he's got in his bag.

DITTO

220px-Nestle-crunch-small.jpg

:>---

EGA

Snickers with Payday a close second .

IB say's not fair that I have to pick just one so, this. If only one, frozen snickers. If two, payday then frozen snickers. I know, doesn't make sense. I can get payday'd out quicker than snickered out, even though I like payday more.

In the latest episode of the food that made America, they did the story of the guy who invented the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. He was actually the guy that ran the Hershey Dairy Farm. They shut it down and fired him. He went on to invent the candy bar with a large number of his customers being Hershey employees. Eventually, Hershey saw how great his product was and invested and it grew to be the most popular candy in history.

Butterfingers are pretty good too. I'm getting tired of Reese cups. LOL! Clark bars are good. I really like the ice cream ones too. Snickers Ice cream bar is good.

When I caddied at the local club back in the day the special treat for the caddies at the turn were frozen snickers bars, nothing better then a quick jolt of cold sugar when humping a couple bags on a hot summer day.

These days mass produced candy bars don't do much for me, the quality of the chocolate has suffered in the product you see at the check out lanes of chain stores and they are not worth the empty calories. I tend to go with the better local chocolatiers, Malley's in CLE or Graeter's when in Cincy, and get some sort of specialty confection bar. But the best in Ohio is actually Canton's Hegge's dark chocolate peanut clusters. While technically not a bar, Reece's is a cup so clusters qualify in my book, the chocolate is strong but the star of the show are the peanuts; the best fresh locally roasted large peanuts merging with high quality chocolate never stinks.

Snicker's would be my favorite, but in all honesty, I pretty much like all types of candy bars. I tend to get a craving for a certain one and go for that. I really like the newer king size reese cups with the reese pieces inside the peanut butter. And though they are not listed here you can never go wrong with M & M's (almond are the best, but you can't go wrong with plain, peanut, or peanut butter either) or a good ole hershey bar with or without the almonds.

Can't go wrong with a good old regular Hershey bar.
I go in phases on this one. As a little kid, Hershey or M&Ms.
I also went thru the phases, and Hershey bar was my early goal. Looking back, I've always thought that was cruel of Kroger to place all that candy where kids were forced to stop and look at them while waiting for Mom and Dad to finish paying, lol.

Interestingly, I've lost my taste for Hershey's over the years. It's like there's an aftertaste involved. At least I can go by the candy and not even blink when I go to the store now. :cool:

I am good with Mars & Butterfingers...

My wife has a button that says give me chocolate and nobody gets hurt...

Love the taste of a Heath Bar, but my goodness they are rough on the molars.

When I was a kid I liked the mallow cup.

I also went thru the phases, and Hershey bar was my early goal. Looking back, I've always thought that was cruel of Kroger to place all that candy where kids were forced to stop and look at them while waiting for Mom and Dad to finish paying, lol.

Interestingly, I've lost my taste for Hershey's over the years. It's like there's an aftertaste involved. At least I can go by the candy and not even blink when I go to the store now. :cool:
read a click bait story, there's some chemical in them same as vomit. So now, you'll have that in you rmind next time you eat Hersey's.

Most definitely refrigerated Reese's.
Also hanker for a Payday on occasion. Or the candy hack of dry-roasted peanuts and candy corn at Halloween.
Third would be peanut M&Ms.