• Milky Way

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Twix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

BlackHawk

Probably plain Hershey or Hershey with Almonds. M&M's (both plain and peanut) and Mounds are pretty good, too. And, an occasional Payday.

Thanks to this thread, I think I'll buy a couple candy bars on my trip to Rite Aid this afternoon. :)

EagleGuy

Butterfingers are pretty good too. I'm getting tired of Reese cups. LOL! Clark bars are good. I really like the ice cream ones too. Snickers Ice cream bar is good.
Only a few times, I have had a Butterfinger. But, they are good! Can't recall if I have ever had a Clark.

If it's Snickers (my back up to 3M), it has to be good. Ice cream? OMG

Mr. Slippery

I totally forgot about the Oh Henry! bar. I got hooked on them after hearing Montreal Expos fans would throw them on the field after Henry Rodriguez hit a home run. IIRC, Gilbert Gottfried used to do some Oh Henry! bar ads.

A buddy of mine reminded me that we once tried Yoo-Hoo bars a few years ago. Anyone else ever try one? They were as awful and full of fake chocolate as the drink. I also recall them being rather large, so there was a lot of fake chocolate bar to suffer through.

How about Goo Goo bars, anybody else ever eat those? They're like a Baby Ruth but shaped more like a peanut cluster. They also make a variety with Pecans. My grandpa claimed Goo Goos are the official candy bar of the South.

Last edited:

NothingButTheTruth

I totally forgot about the Oh Henry! bar. I got hooked on them after hearing Montreal Expos fans would throw them on the field after Henry Rodriguez hit a home run. IIRC, Gilbert Gottfried used to do some Oh Henry! bar ads.

A buddy of mine reminded me that we once tried Yoo-Hoo bars a few years ago. Anyone else ever try one? They were as awful and full of fake chocolate as the drink. I also recall them being rather large, so there was a lot of fake chocolate bar to suffer through.

How about Goo Goo bars, anybody else ever eat those? They're like a Baby Ruth but shaped more like a peanut cluster They also make a variety with Pecans.
Love Yoo-Hoo the drink. Tried the chocolate bar......awful.

Irwin20

How about Goo Goo bars, anybody else ever eat those? They're like a Baby Ruth but shaped more like a peanut cluster They also make a variety with Pecans.

Goo Goo are very good. I love candy bars so I’ve tried most everything mentioned here at one time or another.
I like PayDay for a change of pace, Goobers, Raisinettes, they were selling 4pk Mallo Cups at Kroger a while back for a quarter, I guess Cincinnati natives don’t like them.

PantherVOR

Most days my favorite would be the 100 Grand Bar, but there are some days when only a Butterfinger will do. Then of course there is the Baby Ruth... 😂

cjb56

View attachment 14712
I can only find it in special candy stores. I haven't found it in a grocery store or convenient food store in years. I love CVG Airport because their specialty candy store sells it.
Occasionally see it in stores and gas stations. I usually buy one if I see one. The toasted coconut outer layer is unique. Otherwise, it's just a Clark Bar.

SLS

Anyone remember the original Candy Barr? She was the favorite of many, including Jack Ruby and Mickey Cohen and legions more.

eastisbest

Anyone remember the original Candy Barr? She was the favorite of many, including Jack Ruby and Mickey Cohen and legions more.
I'm impressed IB. I thought for sure you'd think this thread about strippers.
I did!

Little me was fascinated by the posters on the old "burlesque" house. Strippers had great names, not boring crap like "kardassian."

Building got knocked down and replaced by a terrific piece of architecture for the local rich people Stranahans, which lasted only until someone needed a tax break (this is how Toledo mafia launders properties... through non-profits.) and it became a different type of fleecing, United Way, until someone needed a financial break and some construction pork came along and then that building got torn down for the most bland POS you can imagine.

Last edited:

clarkgriswold

When I as a kid we'd go to Canada for a week in the summer to fish. While I was there I'd get Cadbury Dairy Milk bars. They were crazy good. I had one 4 or 5 years ago and it was nothing special.

irish_buffalo

When I as a kid we'd go to Canada for a week in the summer to fish. While I was there I'd get Cadbury Dairy Milk bars. They were crazy good. I had one 4 or 5 years ago and it was nothing special.
I listen to morning show Dave & Chuck the Freak out of Detroit. Dave was born in Ireland and swears Cadbury over there and in Canada is different than here and far far better. I always thought he was being a chocolate snob.

Mr. Slippery

Used to like the Cadbury Creme Easter eggs, but in my advanced age, they taste like nothing to write home about.