FAVC Predictions

doom1

Any thoughts or predictions on the FAVC.
In the cardinal Div. I will go with Kings and in the Buckeye Div. I'll go with Harrison.

I think the Buckeye division will be between Mason and Harrison with Mason coming out on top, Mason may have the edge in pitching.

In the Cardinal division Ross is always in the running, Kings may have a chance as long as Bonner is on the mound, if not they will be a distant second.

Unfortunately, Kings and Ross are no longer in the same division of the FAVC. Ross is now part of the Scarlet division, a new division in the FAVC. Ross will not have much competition this year in their conference division.
Kings should not have much competition in the Cardinal division either.
Kings will pitch Bonner this year, but they also have another decent senior, Candace Rios as well as a very good freshman pitcher in Lauren Collier. Chelsea Hortman (sophomore) most likely will not be pitching this year due to an injury, but should be back to pitching in 2008.

Predictions

FAVC Predicted Winners
Buckeye Division: Harrison
Cardinal Division: Kings
Scarlet Division: Ross
One thing to note; Ross is a division 2 team, while the others predicted winners are all division 1. Ross appears to be the best division 2 team in the southwest region by far.

FAVC will be the strongest league in Cincy this year.

Ross should be the best team in the league. They have a shot at state.

Mason (1), Harrison (2) and Loveland (3)- although it will be very close in the most competitive division. Mason's Miller led the division in K's and tied in wins last year and should have more help this year with 3 other pitchers having good stuff. Mason has some good Freshman players that may see Varsity time.

If Mel Bonner stays healthy, Kings will win their division. Otherwise, it could be close.

Comparing Leagues

FAVC from top to bottom may not be as strong as the GMC, primarily since 2 of the 3 divisions (Cardinal and Scarlet) are made up of smaller schools. With that said, the FAVC will have 5 of the top teams in the area, Loveland, Harrison, Mason, Kings, and Ross. Other top teams in the region may be Colerain, Hamilton and Middletown (GMC), Lebanon, and maybe Western Brown. Seton and MND should be considered also.
By the end of the season, we should know for sure since their will be match-ups between most of these top teams. Ross plays Harrison, Loveland, Lebanon, Mason, and Hamilton (Kings is not on their schedule this year). Kings is playing Loveland, Harrison, Mason, MND, Seton, Middletown (Scrimmage), Fairfield and the Lakota's. Mason will play Loveland and Harrison from their division, Ross and Kings mentioned above, and also Fairfield, Lebanon, and the Lakota's.

Kings Pitching

In response to Bonner's health and her pitching being the key to Kings success, Kings has some depth this year. They have added a freshman pitcher, Lauren Collier, that is quite good, so they don't have to rely entirely on Bonner for their pitching. They have 6 seniors that will contribute and provide senior leadership. Sophomore Chelsea Hortman is healthy again this year and will provide power and speed to the lineup. They also have 2 freshman, Heather Ramey and Ashley Hornschemeier, and 2 sophomores, Natalie Hunt and Theresa Manne, that will contribute significantly.

pecos you make some good points. i have seen the freshman pitcher for kings pitch on a couple of ocassions and she is pretty good. i think she would be hard pressed to be the upper level teams in the favc but would probably fair well against the smaller schools. i think a lot of people forget that being dominant against U14 teams is not the same as dominating the U18seniors.

I have seen and coached L.C.. from Kings, she is a great talent not only has a pitcher but a good hitter and position player also, she will be a impact player for Kings as a Freshman.
King's will have a great year!

I agree that FAVC may have some weaker teams than GMC, however, I was referring to the top teams in the league. Having 4-5 of the top 10 teams should make them very tough. For example, because of their division and their out of league schedule, Mason will have as tough a schedule as one could expect to handle. I suspect that Harrison and Loveland will also have a tough schedule that will only make them even more ready for the playoffs.

King's injuries last year kept them from being as good as they could be... Look out this year.

Ross will stand out as long as Smith is throwing.

Good luck to all of the FAVC teams.

GMC vs. FAVC

FAVC will be the strongest league in Cincy this year.

Ross should be the best team in the league. They have a shot at state.

Mason (1), Harrison (2) and Loveland (3)- although it will be very close in the most competitive division. Mason's Miller led the division in K's and tied in wins last year and should have more help this year with 3 other pitchers having good stuff. Mason has some good Freshman players that may see Varsity time.

If Mel Bonner stays healthy, Kings will win their division. Otherwise, it could be close.

Unless things have changed significantly, I distinctly remember Fairfield going over to Mason last year with Mason's Miller starting the game with a 0.00 ERA. Although I think she's a good pitcher, I'm not sure that she is good enough to handle some of the big hitters in the GMC. Fairfield gave her a big "welcome to the GMC" by pounding out a few hits in the first inning. Also, I don't know if it happened against Miller or another pitcher, but I remember reading in the Enquirer that Boswell and Traxler hit back to back homeruns off Mason's pitching. Boswell has graduated, but Traxler is still around and has a few friends who can help.

The point is not to bash any pitcher in particular, only want to point out that
the pitchers who had the best stats in the FAVC would not have been able to compete with the Bodeckers, McKees and Breitholles of the GMC. However, this is a new year and the GMC lost a lot of good talent. Maybe the FAVC can take over as the "toughest league in the city". I guess we'll just have to see.