Fairfield baseball

Indians in 3rd in the GMC right now after sweeping East and a big game to possibly sweep West tomorrow and no one wants to talk anymore??...sounds like a bunch of bad-weather fans to me.

:laugh:

Nothing like a couple big wins to quiet the naysayers. Looks like this FF team may have more talent than the squad from the past couple of years. It must be the talent level because it can't be the coaching or the program right A-1 and GCPRO?

Just think - a couple more wins and I bet A-1 makes it out to the ol' ballyard to catch a game or two. :)

Nothing like a couple big wins to quiet the naysayers. Looks like this FF team may have more talent than the squad from the past couple of years. It must be the talent level because it can't be the coaching or the program right A-1 and GCPRO?

Just think - a couple more wins and I bet A-1 makes it out to the ol' ballyard to catch a game or two. :)

You have just committed the cardinal sin of Yappi, linking A1 and GCPRO together! BAD IMHO!
Count me still among the skeptical, so I'm not hiding anywhere.
A win over West in normal conditions would get me believing.Enjoy the moment, but it's just a little too early to talk about anyone eating crow.

You have just committed the cardinal sin of Yappi, linking A1 and GCPRO together! BAD IMHO!
Count me still among the skeptical, so I'm not hiding anywhere.
A win over West in normal conditions would get me believing.Enjoy the moment, but it's just a little too early to talk about anyone eating crow.

Oh I still like GCPRO, ---- he was the chairman of my get of jail campaign when A-1 and BTL got me thrown in jail over comments I made to them last year. I am sorry but I finally had enough of negative comments about the coach when those who know the players know that the talent level at FF has been down as compared to other top programs the past couple of years. That is all - nothing personal on GCPRO at all. He normally is a very level headed poster and I enjoy reading his posts.

Indians in 3rd in the GMC right now after sweeping East and a big game to possibly sweep West tomorrow and no one wants to talk anymore??...sounds like a bunch of bad-weather fans to me.

Good for the Indians!! Looking good with the same coaches this year. Must have some talent this year. Also helps when the negativity moves out of the system. That's probably why you don't hear much about the usuall "coaching is the problem" posters. Success shuts those kind up real fast.

Again good luck, looks like this will be an exciting year not only for Fairfield but the entire GMC.

Great to see coach Price working through the early season problems and having his team improve. Hopefully next week it will not show against my blue. I can see FF really improving this year without that class they had last year and the kid/parent attitudes. I could see this team being a real team and not worried about individual stats. Although I will not cheer for them 2 games a year, I have a tremendous amount of respect for coach Price and I would love for my son to play for him. He always puts kids first. Not something I would say about all of the posters on Yappi. I would go as far to say that Coach Price is the early season leader for GMC coach of the year.

Roll Indians Roll!!!

Howdy Folks,
New here on Yappi. Have observed threads for past year and really enjoy the give and take. I have some young ones coming up thru the system. I am very pleased to hear that Indians baseball is moving in the right direction. It is my hope that the other programs will do the same. FF has a proud sports tradition and it's always nice to be able to hoot and holler for your teams. Does anybody know what Coach Prices' experience in baseball entails.. As player, other coaching positions etc...Not a big deal, just wondering.
GO FF INDIANS!!!!!

IMHO-I would like you to find a post where I said anything about the FF coaching situation. I know nothing about the FF coaching situation and have stated that on numerous occasions. I believe I have also said that players(talent) win plain and simple. I believe I have also stated that teams can win with no coaching and good players and teams can win with mediocre players and good coaching. Never once have I condemned the FF coaching staff. You have misrepresented me.

Howdy Folks,
New here on Yappi. Have observed threads for past year and really enjoy the give and take. I have some young ones coming up thru the system. I am very pleased to hear that Indians baseball is moving in the right direction. It is my hope that the other programs will do the same. FF has a proud sports tradition and it's always nice to be able to hoot and holler for your teams. Does anybody know what Coach Prices' experience in baseball entails.. As player, other coaching positions etc...Not a big deal, just wondering.
GO FF INDIANS!!!!!

I know he has been at Fairfield for over 15 years, starting with Freshman and working his way up to leading the Fairfield program. I think he does a really good job. He breaks the game down into simplistic terms for his players. It seems this year that the players are really responding to him. I foresee some exciting times for FF baseball in the upcoming weeks.

Great to see coach Price working through the early season problems and having his team improve. Hopefully next week it will not show against my blue. I can see FF really improving this year without that class they had last year and the kid/parent attitudes. I could see this team being a real team and not worried about individual stats. Although I will not cheer for them 2 games a year, I have a tremendous amount of respect for coach Price and I would love for my son to play for him. He always puts kids first. Not something I would say about all of the posters on Yappi. I would go as far to say that Coach Price is the early season leader for GMC coach of the year.

I agree, I think he gets a bad rap on here from some posters. I have talked to several people who feel he is a great coach as well as a great person. The players really enjoy playing for him.

IMHO-I would like you to find a post where I said anything about the FF coaching situation. I know nothing about the FF coaching situation and have stated that on numerous occasions. I believe I have also said that players(talent) win plain and simple. I believe I have also stated that teams can win with no coaching and good players and teams can win with mediocre players and good coaching. Never once have I condemned the FF coaching staff. You have misrepresented me.

IMHO, I can't recall where GCPRO supported the "FAT MAN" about the coaching being bad at Fairfield. I think the only thing GCPRO did wrong was to try and understand the, "my boy wasn't successful at Fairfield hater" by giving him the benefit of the doubt.
No hate for anybody just stating facts.
I think you two (IMHO and GCPRO) are pretty real, knowledgeable and fair when posting on Yappi (cutting right through some of the BS that's spewed from certain posters here). :thumb:

I agree, I think he gets a bad rap on here from some posters. I have talked to several people who feel he is a great coach as well as a great person. The players really enjoy playing for him.

A-1?

OH, You mean Price!
I would agree with this, although there is really one poster who has called Price into question...and that would be the guy who almost threw down with the umpire last year.

Seems to be less drama following Fairfield athletics as a whole. Think you need to credit Sherrard and Chad Lewis for keeping the silliness on the down low.

Maybe I mistook your posting of what you felt a coaches responsibility was ( which included getting around to summer ball to see his players) was critical of Price at FF. It did ring close to what A-1 posted. So if I misunderstood I apologiz but for awhile there I thought you have drank from the A1 kool-aid well or something!!!:shrug:

I stand by what I think a coach's responsibilities are but have no knowledge of what the FF coaching staff does/doesn't do. I have no problem with what A1 writes on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is nothing like FF parents, I will admit.

I stand by what I think a coach's responsibilities are but have no knowledge of what the FF coaching staff does/doesn't do. I have no problem with what A1 writes on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is nothing like FF parents, I will admit.

IDK. Mason parents are apparently in training at the lower levels, if you ask me, but that's a story for another day. :angel:

Mason has the whole soccer mom complex going. What is most amazing about that experience last weekend. Whining like little girls about a kid getting stepped on and yet their own pitchers were throwing more than 50% curveballs at that young of an age. Maybe they have Doc Hollywood on retainer. Whatever it takes to win a ballgame I guess. One of the coaches must have taught the kids the "c" ball. That forgives all.

I even went back and read all my posts just to ensure I had not said anything negative about the FF coaching staff. Sometimes it is hard to keep up when the malted beverages kick in.

Well I choose to stand up for a man that I know nothing about or really have never seen coach who tries to do the impossible task of getting a team to act like a team when parents do nothing but tear it apart. Coaching is a thankless job and I will defend against those that say things I know to be untrue after they say it about 100 times. :shrug:

That is fine IMHO, whatever that means. Like I said, never said a word about the FF coaching staff, just coaches in general. I hope it works out for you and A1.

Don't you think it goes around every school?

Correct, but at some schools it is worse than others. For years Fairfield schools have been the gold standard for parent meddling and overall drama.
I do see that improving this year, but there are still WAY too many threads about any particular sport in Fairfield here on Yappi. I am just saying calm down and let the season work itself out, that's all. I'm not disparaging this year's team. There's a lot of season left...let the chips fall where they may.

The Mason reference was in regards to a bunch of moms at a local tournament who REALLY needed a dose of prozac. If this is what is coming up through the system in Mason, Fairfield will have to hand in the drama queen crown with a genuflect.

That is fine IMHO, whatever that means. Like I said, never said a word about the FF coaching staff, just coaches in general. I hope it works out for you and A1.

Try reading you might be able to understand. As for A-1 don't try to paint me with that guy you are the one on here faguely agreeing with what he posts. May be a secret thing with you to work your way into the coaching ranks in the HEAT organization. :)

By the way hiding behind your coaches in general comment is getting old. You were responding to posts on a FF thread that had critical comments about the FF coach. Pretty easy to read between the lines.

IMHO: The only reason I have not been to any FF games has been I have been to games where my High School kids play ball and are on our summer 18U team. Been to Princeton, Sycamore, Milford, Goshen, CNE and a few more. I am at a field every day to support my players that play on my summer team. I will get to some FF games when they play my guys....eventually. The kids seem to be playing very well and there are some very good kids. Dan Constable, Jay Woods, Mitchell Durban, Jake Elmlinger, and the Carpenter kid are all very talented. Cory Holt is another very nice player. Not familiar with all the FF players but I am hoping they do well. The coaching is still way below average, even though they are nice guys off the field. Go Fairfield Players.......................

Stop Mis-representing GCPRO!! He is a REAL Coach!!!!

GCPRO: I have never heard you say anything about the coaching at FF. IMHO is a shat starter and will always be one. Nobody knows what type of coach he was because he has never coached. But because these young players at FF are doing well is a testament to them not the coaches. I also believe the talent level is down all over except Oak Hills. LW missing Jimmy Brenneman is very big. L E without Geise and Cattani also down... Fairfield has done well but I do not think you can compare the 2008 class and the 2009 class as far as overall players. Pitching is also down...

A-1?

OH, You mean Price!
I would agree with this, although there is really one poster who has called Price into question...and that would be the guy who almost threw down with the umpire last year.

Seems to be less drama following Fairfield athletics as a whole. Think you need to credit Sherrard and Chad Lewis for keeping the silliness on the down low.

BF82: Here we go again diggin up the past!!!! We have some nice Hamilton guys on the summer team and I am typically for the BB. The umpire was out of line...last year and told me later he missed the calll....you know that BF. Even your coach agreed it was a baaad call. Never have thrown down with any umpires. I love umpires....my favorite guys. I thought you were one of my guys, and now you are kicking me to the curb....You telling me that the Blue faithful have never went off on an umpire??? Chad Lewis is a good guy, but hope he does not get tainted by the other not so good guys lurking around here. Go Big Blue and Fairfield. Butler County produces..... BF82, GCPRO and of course A1....

Well I choose to stand up for a man that I know nothing about or really have never seen coach who tries to do the impossible task of getting a team to act like a team when parents do nothing but tear it apart. Coaching is a thankless job and I will defend against those that say things I know to be untrue after they say it about 100 times. :shrug:

IMHO: You know nothing about anything that has gone on between the parents of last year and the coaches. You do not know what was said between a parent and coach. You only hear what we say on here, which is sometimes venting and sometimes just aggravating. This is not reality, this is entertainment.....Thankless but in HS an extra $10,000 a year and $20,000 for the first couple years, certainly helps....Do it for free and then see how thankless it is...

Correct, but at some schools it is worse than others. For years Fairfield schools have been the gold standard for parent meddling and overall drama.
I do see that improving this year, but there are still WAY too many threads about any particular sport in Fairfield here on Yappi. I am just saying calm down and let the season work itself out, that's all. I'm not disparaging this year's team. There's a lot of season left...let the chips fall where they may.

The Mason reference was in regards to a bunch of moms at a local tournament who REALLY needed a dose of prozac. If this is what is coming up through the system in Mason, Fairfield will have to hand in the drama queen crown with a genuflect.

Blue Fan,

I agree, meddling parents have been a gold standard @ FF, for the past few years.

IMHO-I read and comprehend quite well, it was part of my double major back in the day. There is no need to read between the lines, I commented on what I believe what was a HS coaches' responsibility towards his players. I have zero personal knowledge of what the FF coaching staff or any HS staff for that matter does. And I certainly don't need A1 to back me on any thing, my ship has long since sailed.

Howdy Folks,
GO FF INDIANS!!!!!

He was drafted by the Phillies (I think this team??) as a left-handed pitcher in the 60's but couldn't play because he was drafted into Vietnam. He has also sent a son through the Fairfield program and into a college scholarship.

I remember Price as a player back in the day. He would have made it big if not for that time missed because of the war. He was never the same after coming back. Baseball just isn't as important after you see the things he saw over there. He was also one of the best high school bball players I have ever seen. Sweet jumper and if there was a three point line he would have been one of the leading scorers in Ohio history.

Thank You!!!!

Thanks Big Blue and Viking Booster, thats what I was looking for on Coach P. It's no wonder FF is in the mess it's in, when you sit and read all these venom filled posts. Thanks again for the good info. Oh Yea..GO INDIANS!!!!!!!!!!!