Ex-Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores accuses NFL of racial discrimination in lawsuit

Fact of the matter is........teams are owned by old, white dudes for the most part.
Whom are the most racist people of all, other than sBLM members?

Old, white dudes. If they shy away from AA candidates, subconsciously or consciously, then they are doing their franchise a disservice. To say the Rooney Rule has failed is a bit off the mark I do believe. We have no idea really, but the fact they have to interview an AA most def has helped.

Remember the Stillers....everyone thought it was gonna be Mularkey or Grimm. Brought in MT as an interview, and he wowed them so much he got the job.

The racial makeup of coaches will get better, and will evolve as time moves on and more progressive folks are in power in organizations. It will just take time.

What bothers me the most is offering money for losses. To me, THAT could potentially be the biggest issue in the league if true.

One reason why we love the NFL more than other sports is you traditionally dont see teams tanking like you do in the MLB/NBA. Hell, some MLB teams tank on the front end by not moving up a stud before a certain date so they can be in control of them another year.

We see it every year, this year included, in the last game or two some teams that SHOULD LOSE TO SECURE a pick and they go out and play lights out, with intensity and effort. Remember last year's Bengals/Dolphins game? Both should lose, better off losing, and they both fought like hell at the end. Jax this year.

Browns and bengals fans used to joke how they would ruin their pick status with late wins during the season.

Offering a coach $$ for losses is the biggest issue in the game today, if true.

Last edited:
This seems to be a go to argument for a lot of things when it comes to race, as proof racism doesn't exist. I would like to counter that premonition on the basis that the selection process for players vs that of coaches and management are totally different. the selection of players is one of the most objective hiring processes in the world, they are poked , prodded, measured, timed and interviewed (even with that process in place, how many decades went pass before they believed Blacks had the intellect to play QB). Where as selecting for coaches is very subjective and made on how someone feels, resume/facts not withstanding.
BS. There are plenty of no 1 and other first round picks that are total busts.
Interviews for any professional positions (sports related or meaningful) are detailed and focused.
Sometimes candidates are just incompetent.
Sometimes they just don’t fit every situation (Urban Meyer).

BS. There are plenty of no 1 and other first round picks that are total busts.
Interviews for any professional positions (sports related or meaningful) are detailed and focused.
Sometimes candidates are just incompetent.
Sometimes they just don’t fit every situation (Urban Meyer).
Just because they are bust, doesn't mean they didn't go through a rigorous selection process, the same cannot be said for the other.

They want McCown but can’t hire him with everything going on. So they are doing the same thing they did last year: hire a minority candidate to curry favor from society just to fire him when his poor team predictably performs poorly. McCown is the Texans HC in 2 years at the latest unless someone else snatches him up first.
It is absurd McCown was even considered. He only retired from the NFL like 2 yrs ago.

It is absurd McCown was even considered. He only retired from the NFL like 2 yrs ago.
Some very young coaches in the SB. Everyone wants to capture the new, young energetic coach. DGAF if they only retired two years ago.

Some very young coaches in the SB. Everyone wants to capture the new, young energetic coach. DGAF if they only retired two years ago.
Yeah, but they at least have experience coaching in the NFL. It’s absurd McCown was a serious candidate as a HS coach.

Yeah, but they at least have experience coaching in the NFL. It’s absurd McCown was a serious candidate as a HS coach.
I am only speaking of your comment that he was only 2 years retired from the league. I do not know his qualifications, but only on the fact he was just two years removed from the league.

People mocking McDaniel’s skin color are ridiculously racist. Bc he’s light skinned biracial, he doesn’t seem to “count” in some people’s eyes. Anyone doubting his acumen, should listen to his press conferences, that guy is as smart as they come.

Last edited:
I am only speaking of your comment that he was only 2 years retired from the league. I do not know his qualifications, but only on the fact he was just two years removed from the league.
Even if he went right into coaching in the NFL, he still wouldn’t have enough experience. I don’t think the Texans looking at him as HC was racist, just gross incompetence.

They want McCown but can’t hire him with everything going on. So they are doing the same thing they did last year: hire a minority candidate to curry favor from society just to fire him when his poor team predictably performs poorly. McCown is the Texans HC in 2 years at the latest unless someone else snatches him up first.
McCown has never coached. Never. Not even an assistant JV High School coach. How he is a front-runner blows my mind.

McCown and that goofball that somehow convinced the Texans ownership he knows anything about running the franchise Jack Easterby are good friends. The gross incompetence that Omar references to isn’t new for Cal McNair.

Just because they are bust, doesn't mean they didn't go through a rigorous selection process, the same cannot be said for the other.
BS!
I‘m sure the hirers never call former colleagues, players, gms, etc before even interviewing a candidate. Lol

Honestly, I can't say for sure either way for players or for coaches. I've never been close to the process.

With that said, I would be shocked if in this billion dollar industry they didn't do their due diligence with important decisions such as hiring. I would guess that the first round pick, the big time free agent signing, the head coach, and the GM all go through a very lengthy process. Much like the athlete that showed alot on the field during their college games, the GMs and coaches are likely evaluated long before they get their initial interview.

Honestly, I can't say for sure either way for players or for coaches. I've never been close to the process.

With that said, I would be shocked if in this billion dollar industry they didn't do their due diligence with important decisions such as hiring. I would guess that the first round pick, the big time free agent signing, the head coach, and the GM all go through a very lengthy process. Much like the athlete that showed alot on the field during their college games, the GMs and coaches are likely evaluated long before they get their initial interview.
I don’t know. The Texans hired a guy whose only NFL (actually, any level of sports) credentials are “character coach,” team chaplain and operations intern to essentially run the entire franchise. He didn’t even play football in high school. And they’ve been a disaster since bringing him in.

Fact of the matter is........teams are owned by old, white dudes for the most part.
Whom are the most racist people of all, other than sBLM members?

Old, white dudes. If they shy away from AA candidates, subconsciously or consciously, then they are doing their franchise a disservice. To say the Rooney Rule has failed is a bit off the mark I do believe. We have no idea really, but the fact they have to interview an AA most def has helped.

Remember the Stillers....everyone thought it was gonna be Mularkey or Grimm. Brought in MT as an interview, and he wowed them so much he got the job.

The racial makeup of coaches will get better, and will evolve as time moves on and more progressive folks are in power in organizations. It will just take time.

What bothers me the most is offering money for losses. To me, THAT could potentially be the biggest issue in the league if true.

One reason why we love the NFL more than other sports is you traditionally dont see teams tanking like you do in the MLB/NBA. Hell, some MLB teams tank on the front end by not moving up a stud before a certain date so they can be in control of them another year.

We see it every year, this year included, in the last game or two some teams that SHOULD LOSE TO SECURE a pick and they go out and play lights out, with intensity and effort. Remember last year's Bengals/Dolphins game? Both should lose, better off losing, and they both fought like hell at the end. Jax this year.

Browns and bengals fans used to joke how they would ruin their pick status with late wins during the season.

Offering a coach $$ for losses is the biggest issue in the game today, if true.
It is a disservice....which is why its absolute nonsense. Success is the bottom line, they are going to hire the guy who gives them the best chance at success regardless of skin color.

We are supposed to believe an owner already paying a roster filled with black players is going to balk at paying a black coach?

It is a disservice....which is why its absolute nonsense. Success is the bottom line, they are going to hire the guy who gives them the best chance at success regardless of skin color.

We are supposed to believe an owner already paying a roster filled with black players is going to balk at paying a black coach?
Exactly