Euclid Head Coach Jeff Rotsky Is A Maniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bball216

I attended the Euclid vs Elyria game on Friday at Euclid. The Panthers played well and totally out manned the Pioneers. What does however surprise me is how anybody works for, coaches with or plays for Coach Jeff Rotsky. He was yelling, screaming, and in the face of somebody on every single play - good or bad. I was half way up the home bleachers and could hear him yelling at people. He disrespects his fellow coaches on his staff and intimidates his players. Even on good plays he finds a person to berate because of a block or play they didn't make. I saw him push a coach on his staff back and scream at him because he was a few feet outside the coaching box. His treatment is not much better toward refs either - unless the call goes his way. I heard that his once cozy relationship with AD Higley is also wearing thin. There seems to nobody who can stand this guy more than a short time. If don't believe me go see him in action yourself. The guy is a tool.

I attended the Euclid vs Elyria game on Friday at Euclid. The Panthers played well and totally out manned the Pioneers. What does however surprise me is how anybody works for, coaches with or plays for Coach Jeff Rotsky. He was yelling, screaming, and in the face of somebody on every single play - good or bad. I was half way up the home bleachers and could hear him yelling at people. He disrespects his fellow coaches on his staff and intimidates his players. Even on good plays he finds a person to berate because of a block or play they didn't make. I saw him push a coach on his staff back and scream at him because he was a few feet outside the coaching box. His treatment is not much better toward refs either - unless the call goes his way. I heard that his once cozy relationship with AD Higley is also wearing thin. There seems to nobody who can stand this guy more than a short time. If don't believe me go see him in action yourself. The guy is a tool.

And this surprises you?

Rotsky hasn't changed in 20 years? You could knock me over with a feather.

He's not always ended jobs on the best of terms, but he lasts a few years longer than you'd think.

1996 Cleveland South (co-head coach?)
1997-2000 (4) St. Peter Chanel (33-16)
2001 - Asst at Case Western
2002-2006 (5) Maple Heights (45-11)
2007-2014 (8) Cleveland Heights (49-33)
2015-2017 (3) Euclid (21-8 so far)

...the first time I ever saw his act was at a scrimmage against Mooney a couple of years ago and thought who let this psycho out of the mental ward, but he seems to have success everywhere he goes.

Chanel won a state title 6 months after he was fired there.

Maple Heights won a state title 4 years later

He's wild. Saw him in a playoff game years back and he spent more time on the field yelling at the officials than he spent coaching on the sideline.

I also loved how he made no bones about discussing his upcoming "recruiting classes" when he was at St. Peter Chanel. Came right out and used the "R-word" very frequently

Does he have a lot of turn over with his assistant coaches? I coached for a guy like that years ago and literally told him in the coaches office at half time I would kick his a## if he ever spoke to me like that again and that I played in more games than he had probably coached or been apart of (I played college and pro ). He kept his distance basically the rest of season, I basically just stopped coming to weekend film and meeting because of his behavior towards other coaches. Still got paid my stipend, he tried to have it reduce/have me terminated, A.d told him they had to pay me full.

Wasn't/isn't he a stockbroker? He's just a product of his environment ...it does seem that after a while, no matter the success he's had, that it's time to move on.

Search Rotsky Foundation to find out what kind of person he is. Parents love him. His staff (main guys) has stayed intact. He gets the most out of his kids and turns a lot of lives around. Turns ALL the programs around. With him, anything is possible......with hard work. He expects all around him to apply themselves. One of the greatest people I know. Crazy? Maybe.......for giving so much of himself to kids who never had someone really care.

Really? I don't remember you ever mentioning that on here before :dang:

I do mention that when I feel its relevant to story, my point is assistant coaches don't have to take it, its not college they are not making 100k to coach, its like 5k stipend.

I'm curious. Who are the other three? In your opinion. LOL.

As I recall, they are Ben Malbassa (currently University School coach), Sal the administrator who has bounced around at some Cleveland area Catholic High Schools, and Seeker the Tallmadge AD. I think Tim Tyrell, the Hoban, coach is an ex officio member! I'm a little concerned that I know this.

PS- the real 4 Horsemen were Ric Flair, Arn and Ole Anderson and Tully Blanchard. Woooooooooooooooo!

He's not always ended jobs on the best of terms, but he lasts a few years longer than you'd think.

1996 Cleveland South (co-head coach?)
1997-2000 (4) St. Peter Chanel (33-16)
2001 - Asst at Case Western
2002-2006 (5) Maple Heights (45-11)
2007-2014 (8) Cleveland Heights (49-33)
2015-2017 (3) Euclid (21-8 so far)

Posts like the one made to start this thread are understandable based on Rotsky's on-field behavior, but certainly only one small part of the larger picture. When Rotsky was forced to resign from Cleveland Heights (due to a silly disagreement with the incoming Heights principal and AD regarding scheduling), current and former players, as well as parents and community members packed the next CH-UH district board meeting to passionately plead with the board to reconsider. Regardless, his departure has been Heights' loss, and Euclid would be foolish to get rid of him.

See the links below for a different perspective:

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.c...-dad-a-good-husband-and-i-want-to-coach-kids/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNP61M9MCxU

http://www.heightsobserver.org/read/2015/01/29/coach-rotsky-is-an-asset-not-just-a-football-coach

Cleveland Heights, just like everywhere else after he has left has reaped the rewards for a year or two then they go back to what they were before Jeff.

Not a fan of him personally but he does change a program quickly. He does recruit, he does swear, he does expect you to move mountains as a coach/player/parent, BUT he does get kids into college.

I thought same thing wen he moved up to D I with Cleveland Heights. If he truly wanted a trophy, he's better off anywhere but D I.

He truly believes he is saving kids. He can't be all bad then, can he?

He wins only when he has talent. He's now coaching in D1 where you have to actually coach to win games. He's always out coached and outclassed by better coaches. Brute force can win titles in D2 (sometimes) and D3-D7, but not in D1.

one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. He took over at Maple where the team had lost 25 some games in a row. In 3 years, Maple enjoyed a 10-0 season. They struggled to dress kids for games. In time, with Rotsky, they dressed OVER 100. Wonder what DB stands for? I have an idea!!!

If you know him personally, talk away. It's obvious you don't.

The thing about Jeff is in the end it is all about Jeff and no matter what he says it is not about the kids, if it was about the kids he would suck it up and make it work with the various admins he has butted heads with. Always has been and always will be.

I'm not seeing much negative in that article. Shows he's loud and unconventional, but shows that he's saving lives.

I agree but it was a fluff piece from a sympathetic journalist for a Village Voice wannabe publication. Scene gave Ted Ginn the same kind of slack when they did their extended piece during the height of his program in the late '00s. If some news outlet had the cojones to go deeper into the guys antics they would probably see a different picture then those painted by Scene and his apologists, again there is a reason he is on his 5th gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.