Equipment Request - A.S.A.P.

JAVMAN83

Needing 2 weight benches, bumper plates, double-sided weight racks - A.S.A.P.

Anyone know where I can get these on the cheap A.S.A.P.?

Needing 2 weight benches, bumper plates, double-sided weight racks - A.S.A.P.

Anyone know where I can get these on the cheap A.S.A.P.?

You're not in my neck of the woods, so I don't have any concrete leads for you.

Have you tried contacting some local gyms/training facilities? Maybe one of them is in the process of replacing their equipment. You might get them cheap or donated as a tax write-off. My school has gotten some equipment donated in that fashion. Bumper plates might be hard to come by.

Cincy Christian U. just closed 6 weeks ago. What are they doing with their weightroom equipment (assuming they had some)?

Otherwise, you may have to make like Lamont Sanford and start driving around in an old red truck looking for junk.

Try Craigslist. A few years back I bought a squat rack, a 45 lb Olympic bar, and some Olympic plates from someone on Craigslist. It was a lot less expensive than if I had bought them new. Sometimes there are gyms that advertise there that are getting new equipment, going out of business, etc. Sometimes York Barbell has some good sales also.

Thanks for the suggestions...am already working on piecing together. This is for a friend.

Thanks for the suggestions...am already working on piecing together. This is for a friend.
If you don't mind me asking, where have you been looking?

I'm still looking for a few home gym items. I would like to get about four more 45 lb or 20 kg Olympic plates, a 35 lb or 16 kg kettlebell, and a 45 lb or 20 kg kettlebell. I also want to buy a Concept 2 rowing machine. The rowing machine, if used, is going to need to be in top working order. I'll probably get that new but at around $1000 I'll shop for a good deal.

I'm no longer living in the Cincinnati area but am there occasionally and could probably pick some equipment up if needed. If anyone knows of sources in NE Ohio or Columbus that would be preferable. TIA

Been looking at all the sources mentioned above. I'm looking on behalf of a "client". Timing & cost are key. I've already given my "client" recommendations, especially when it comes to cost. Sourcing from cheapest solutions from China vis-a-vis www.Alibaba.com would be something to look at specifically; however, given the whole Coronavirus situation, lead times are now very questionable. Finding stuff on Craigslist, OfferUp, local shops, etc., is hit-miss.

Items desired:
Two (2) benches, roll-around type with no attachments
Three (3) pairs of 45lb/20kg bumper plates
Double-sided weight rack/stands
Interlocking rubberized flooring (to protect existing tile floor)
Belt(s) for doing belt squats