Enrollment Numbers 2020 - 2021

ElderHSfan02

Any word on the numbers for the incoming freshmen next year Class of 2024? Let's try not to get this thread closed. I think today is the deadline for the 8th graders to enroll/make decision for next year.

How many does Visi usually send in a year? Is 40 high/low/average? Knowing this would give an indication of where the numbers will fall.

Only one of them is.

Good news. They have kids on the B team this year that IMO are better than the best players on most A teams.

Oh, I know, but didn't think it was this drastic.

I’m not sure how drastic it is overall but their numbers are way down on their sports teams which is usually a good indicator. They only had 22 players on the pony level in football.

Last edited:
if the number is 170-175 that is not good at all. The current senior class is in he 225 range (which will be the last big class) and the junior class is in the 160 range. Elder was confident in getting back to 200 per year....doesn't look like that is happening. D2 is a real possibility by the time this incoming class graduates.

225 is a big class. They will never get back to that without a significant non Catholic push.

The days of consistently getting 200 are over if they are primarily focused on Catholic grade schools (feeders or not). It's simple math.

if the number is 170-175 that is not good at all. The current senior class is in he 225 range (which will be the last big class) and the junior class is in the 160 range. Elder was confident in getting back to 200 per year....doesn't look like that is happening. D2 is a real possibility by the time this incoming class graduates.
They are at 186-190 as of Friday.

How long do acceptances trickle in?

I think alot has to do with what financial aid they can get or offered through the services 3rd party type offers but really don’t know. The early registration period as an example with seton last year they were limited to offer families outside of the period money or scholarships.

200 is what I am hearing for next yrs incoming class. More than this current yrs class. Weber from IHM chose X. Dugan from IHM chose Elder. Anyone from Ignatius hear how many they are sending to Elder this year?
Thought I saw St I's best basketball player in 8th Grade walking around in a Moeller sweatshirt last weekend. Not terribly surprising if so.

Why would kids all the way out in White Oak entertain Elder as an option?

All the way out in White Oak? I'd guess those boys going to Ignatius live closer to Elder than those living in Three Rivers.

Also, in an unrelated note, I am told Ignatius has decided to accept the ed choice vouchers (if it ever actually happens) and many current parishioners at Ignatius are not happy with the decision by the school. Not sure what impact if any this will have but interesting to see.

All the way out in White Oak? I'd guess those boys going to Ignatius live closer to Elder than those living in Three Rivers.

Also, in an unrelated note, I am told Ignatius has decided to accept the ed choice vouchers (if it ever actually happens) and many current parishioners at Ignatius are not happy with the decision by the school. Not sure what impact if any this will have but interesting to see.

Went thru this when I was School Board president of my kids' grade school. If managed correctly, it is no problem and a good thing.