ENN

Vincent and Regina

I want to brag on ENN. On Friday's after the game, I like to go home calculate the Harbins, then watch the local news.

Typically they send out someone to shoot a few highlights. Sometime those people have to go to mulitple games. They shoot from the sideline and the highlights depend on what time they were there and usually field level shots. ENN does such a great job I know Fox 19 and WLWT5 stopped sending people to Elder games and just grab highlights from the ENN feed.

I like to watch HS football and what ENN does is professional level. Compared to other ENN does such a better job. The boys at ENN are always striving for Altioria.

EHS01 is deserving of any award the school wants to give him. He puts in an immense amount of work

My wife and I are season ticket holders and have been for over 25 years but we are not able to attend the games this year due to health issues. We appreciate the fine work that these students and the staff are doing to put these games on line. I do believe that Elder needs to charge for the broadcasts. Anyone that is a certain distance away would not have to pay but if you are within a reasonable driving distance you should have to pay to see the games. Until then you will not see a full stadium and Elder is losing a lot of money.
Does anyone have any info about how many people "tune-in" each week and where those people are located ?

My wife and I are season ticket holders and have been for over 25 years but we are not able to attend the games this year due to health issues. We appreciate the fine work that these students and the staff are doing to put these games on line. I do believe that Elder needs to charge for the broadcasts. Anyone that is a certain distance away would not have to pay but if you are within a reasonable driving distance you should have to pay to see the games. Until then you will not see a full stadium and Elder is losing a lot of money.
Does anyone have any info about how many people "tune-in" each week and where those people are located ?
I would venture to guess alot of people locally are tuning in on their decks and backyard neighborhood fire-pits. You may be on to something with charging for local viewers.

I don't know what the specifics are for out of town viewers, but people on here post those stats from time to time so I'm quite sure they keep those stats.

I disagree about charging. My dad is in a nursing home and my sister will stop by on Friday Nights and set the game on for him. If it is a charge we won't do it because we know he falls asleep.

I don't think attendance is down because of a webcast. It is down because people have more option to do things. The first game my family of 4 went. Week 2 it was just my son and I, while my wife and other son went to Kings Island. Week 3 I went with my father-in-law while my wife and both sons went to Kings Island. My one son doesn't care for football so he goes one time per year to make me happy. My other son likes football but when he found out Kings Island had short lines he wanted to go there instead. Point being people have options. My wife will log on to see the score to see if I am going to be in a good or bad mood. Again she isn't doing that if she has to pay.

I go to all the football games, but I do check out soccer, basketball, baseball, volleyball and other sports if they have a stream and I am home. I wouldn't do it if I had to pay.

Its not the stream that is costing attedance, it is the other options.

I disagree about charging. My dad is in a nursing home and my sister will stop by on Friday Nights and set the game on for him. If it is a charge we won't do it because we know he falls asleep.

I don't think attendance is down because of a webcast. It is down because people have more option to do things. The first game my family of 4 went. Week 2 it was just my son and I, while my wife and other son went to Kings Island. Week 3 I went with my father-in-law while my wife and both sons went to Kings Island. My one son doesn't care for football so he goes one time per year to make me happy. My other son likes football but when he found out Kings Island had short lines he wanted to go there instead. Point being people have options. My wife will log on to see the score to see if I am going to be in a good or bad mood. Again she isn't doing that if she has to pay.

I go to all the football games, but I do check out soccer, basketball, baseball, volleyball and other sports if they have a stream and I am home. I wouldn't do it if I had to pay.

Its not the stream that is costing attedance, it is the other options.
Charge other schools who want to broadcast the game on their platform. Start with Eds this weekend.

Elder home attendance this year.

Week 1 Pickerington North 6,269
Week 2 Sts. Neumann-Goretti 4,769
Week 3 Springboro 4,469

I think one factor in the light attendance is the early August games. That is still summer for a lot of families with summer plans, not to mention the hot weather not everyone likes sitting in the heat. Springboro was a holiday weekend and some people had their Elder game fix at the Pit in week 1 and 2. Now, there is a Saturday game competing with grade school sports, college football, the Reds, and whatever else people like to do on a Saturday afternoon.

No stats to back this up, but I feel like Elder's best home attendance are Friday nights in September(after Labor Day) and October. You also have GCL play during this time although Elder only has 1 GCL home game.

The best attended game will no doubt be at home vs. Moeller September 29th.

The heat has not helped. I certainly know people who prefer to skip the game and watch online. Any access to the online numbers?

IMO, the "below average" attendance has mostly to do with the era we are in and the current opponents. These are not rivalry games. No one cares about these teams. The opponent is not bringing fans (Springboro and Pickerington had decent crowds). High school football should be about neighborhood rivalries, tradition, history, etc. This is not Elder's fault (local teams can't or won't play them) but all of that is likely gone forever.

Last edited:
I think it's a combination of a bunch of factors people in this thread have mentioned. It's a cumulative effect of a bunch of things.

Think back 20 years and how excited people would be when the number 1 team in the state and top 10 team in the nation would come to the Pit. It would be sold out, or damn close to it. Alot has changed since then.

It's also not such a big deal anymore because Elder has been playing these type of teams since then, where back then, a state powerhouse coming in was a treat when they were playing the local teams much more often.

I believe that Elder should be charging the price of one general admission ticket for access to the ENN broadcasts for all sports broadcast.

I want to brag on ENN. On Friday's after the game, I like to go home calculate the Harbins, then watch the local news.

Typically they send out someone to shoot a few highlights. Sometime those people have to go to mulitple games. They shoot from the sideline and the highlights depend on what time they were there and usually field level shots. ENN does such a great job I know Fox 19 and WLWT5 stopped sending people to Elder games and just grab highlights from the ENN feed.

I like to watch HS football and what ENN does is professional level. Compared to other ENN does such a better job. The boys at ENN are always striving for Altioria.
Great call out by V&R and when your at the game you can see them "working" their" tails off and cant thank them enough for the planning and effort they put in.