Elmwood to join BVC

Probably true, BUT Ada was offered once and thought about it
PH might need a home if the NWOAL falls apart, if that is the case Leipsic would have to be kicking themselves for jumping.
So really a number of these schools could be looking for an option that works well for them.
Ada wasn't the only NWC school offered when the BVC had their big expansion. And if the rumors about this re-alignment are true and the NWOAL does fall apart, the NWC is just as good, if not better of an option for PH as the BVC, especially with Leipsic right down the road now in the NWC.

Probably true, BUT Ada was offered once and thought about it
PH might need a home if the NWOAL falls apart, if that is the case Leipsic would have to be kicking themselves for jumping.
So really a number of these schools could be looking for an option that works well for them.
Clarification: You had 1 Superintendent in favor of moving but no board members or coaches as far as I know. To say Ada thought about moving is very far fetched

First I think it’s great there are so many NWC posters on here, you guys are very passionate about your league. I am pretty sure there are less then 2 people on here with BVC ties, so even though I have not lived in that area for 20 years I do feel an urge to defend the league, which I personally think has provided hundreds of athletes and schools (some incredible small) with the opportunity to compete in a variety of sports over the last 80+ years.
I just find it weird to switch small school league for small school league over a hand full of JV/JH games and “better facilities” (which you might play at once a year or every other year). Also the NWC has less schools, so the AD for Leipsic will spend just as much time filling a schedule as they would if a few BVC schools don’t have a Junior high team. So again, it seems like a wash

Leipsic's decision has to do with more than football too. There's no NWC schools unable to fill JV squads for boys and girls basketball and volleyball, the NWC across the board has better facilities for all sports than 90% of the BVC, and on average the NWC has larger, therefore typically more stable schools. Plus I can't imagine that they will miss playing LB every year when LB is more than twice the size of Leipsic with some of the best athletes from Findlay in every sport.

The BVC will remain a very solid league. I think it would benefit every member if CR and Vanlue are dropped as members for football only and either scrap the programs or try out 8 man. Drop those 2 for football, add Elmwood for all sports, and you've got a solid league, but that still is not going to bring Leipsic back. They're out the door, and already playing NWC schedules in every sport in the 2021-2022 school year

well, they play LB week 1 in football as a non-league game so it appears they didn’t mind it.

Overall all the NWC conference is a better conference than the BVC. This is a good fit for Leipsic. It’s been said before, the down side of theBVC is the lack of numbers for schools like NB, Cory, vanlue and Arcadia. The jr high programs are hit and miss for a number of sports Besides FB. Look at the facilities, I believe only VB , PG and LB have track facilities. The visitor seating for football is bad and borders on unsafe.
The NWC will soon have 4 stadiums with artificial turf and look at the track facilities for the league schools. New opportunities will be exciting

I’ll be honest, what does that mean? Their average drive is now further and while top to bottom the NWC might be better the top of the BVC is better in most sports. So, really it seems like a wash. The move never really made sense to me as they seemed to be trading a solid small league for a solid small school league.
NWC is a much more stable league

Clarification: You had 1 Superintendent in favor of moving but no board members or coaches as far as I know. To say Ada thought about moving is very far fetched
I agree, but since the football fiasco, has anything changed?

I agree, but since the football fiasco, has anything changed?
Not that I am aware of. I really think last year was a fluke season. A lot of negative factors went into all that went on. Ada is and has been a member of the NWC since 1964 and I don't see them leaving anytime soon. The NWC is a unique collection of schools who for the most part mirror each other pretty well

I know the NWC guys are very high on their league, but I have always thought the Leipsic move was odd, case in point: average drive to new league members 44.5 minutes. Longest drive to BVC school 49 minutes.
Again I don’t care how you sale it with “more” JV and JH games, which mind you any AD worth their salt could fill a schedule of.
More stability - BVC where teams never canceled in season games.
More fans - debatable with the new travel
It’s a silly move, which will prove to be even more short sighted if the BVC adds PH.
If you have a problem with league schools (CR,NB, Vanlue) then work with the league to find a solution.

I know the NWC guys are very high on their league, but I have always thought the Leipsic move was odd, case in point: average drive to new league members 44.5 minutes. Longest drive to BVC school 49 minutes.
Again I don’t care how you sale it with “more” JV and JH games, which mind you any AD worth their salt could fill a schedule of.
It’s a silly move, which will prove to be even more short sighted if the BVC adds PH.
If you have a problem with league schools (CR,NB, Vanlue) then work with the league to find a solution.

I just don’t understand why the BVC as a conference didn’t get out in front of things before they did. I don’t think Leipsic took anyone by surprise, whether it was the right move or not. Obviously it may be something they regret doing if, as you’d mentioned, the BVC can indeed add Patrick Henry and drop NB, CR and Vanlue ( at least for football purposes). It’s going to be interesting to say the least.

Did the BVC not react because schools like LB liked the easy wins against the small schools?
LB didnt need CR, Vanlue, or NB to get wins. When your enrollment is so much bigger you can count on 4-5 league wins minimum most years. Win a couple non league. Pretty much a playoff team especially now with expansion. I keep saying the BVC can have the best of both worlds if they go to 12 -14 teams, small and big divisions with a crossover game or two. Everyone could be happy, except CR, Vanlue, and NB.

I just don’t understand why the BVC as a conference didn’t get out in front of things before they did. I don’t think Leipsic took anyone by surprise, whether it was the right move or not. Obviously it may be something they regret doing if, as you’d mentioned, the BVC can indeed add Patrick Henry and drop NB, CR and Vanlue ( at least for football purposes). It’s going to be interesting to say the least.
In some ways their hands were tied. The smaller schools weren’t canceling games last minute, so having a justification to remove them didn’t exist. Perhaps they could have added a league rule about fielding teams in a minimum number of sports. But then half the league might have issues.
I have no idea what conversations were happening behind the scenes, perhaps they were caught flat footed or maybe they just didn’t think a team would jump, idk
For me, the only reasons that justify switching leagues is A. Lowering travel - kids need to spend the least amount of time on busses as possible and B. Competition - you are either too small to compete or you have outgrown a league. This isn’t college where tens of millions of dollars are being handed out.

I've just repeated what was said by Leipsic's admin and community when they announced they would make the jump. Was it the right move? Time will tell. I do know that there was a push within Leipsic before Paulding ever left the NWC for them to leave the BVC. I do think that Leipsic's move had a lot to do with the state of the lower teams in their league. Ada's cancellation of games this year was a shock, and should be corrected as they still have the numbers in their school and youth programs. That's different than the former situation in the BVC where everyone has been debating on yappi and in local bars over the last 5 years whether or not several of their members should even have football programs. The writing on the wall has been up for a long time, like RollingTrain said, the BVC never got out in front of it, and it clearly caused a lot of frustration within the league

I was told that the threat from Leipsic was there for at least two years and it basically fell on deaf ears. Any and all leagues should be proactive now-a-days.

Cory Rawson is at a crossroads right now. Anyone considering a job like it should be encouraged to pass on it. Why kill your career with one of these type jobs? It's a lose lose situation.

Sam Petrie is probably very happy that Stefan Adams took the Findlay job so that he could get the hell out of CR.

No reason just yet for leipsic to kick themselves for leaving the BVC. Word is Cory-Rawson and vanlue are not going anywhere. They plan on continuing to play 11 man FB and remain in the BVC. NB committed to 11 man fb as well for this year. I don’t see a PH joining the BVC as long as these three stay put. Still looks like a good deal for Leipsic to the Northwest Conference. I wonder if Elmwood is still whistling Dixie. 11 teams in the league. This is the same disaster b4 Leipsic left

No reason just yet for leipsic to kick themselves for leaving the BVC. Word is Cory-Rawson and vanlue are not going anywhere. They plan on continuing to play 11 man FB and remain in the BVC. NB committed to 11 man fb as well for this year. I don’t see a PH joining the BVC as long as these three stay put. Still looks like a good deal for Leipsic to the Northwest Conference. I wonder if Elmwood is still whistling Dixie. 11 teams in the league. This is the same disaster b4 Leipsic left
I just don't see how Vanlue can field a team next year. They need to find about 10 new players. Will their freshman class even have 10 boys? If someway they do they may have like a 130 lb kid starting on both OL and DL

Vanlue MIGHT be able to pull it off 1 or 2 more years. Their incoming freshman class is 19 to go along with 17 sophomores, so if they can get enough from those 2 grades they may still putt along with 13-14 like usual. Not fair to those 9th and 10th graders to play both ways against 11th and 12th graders, but hey, maybe it works another year.

The entire school's day of reckoning is coming though, considering the latest ODE headcount has them at fewer than 10 students in kindergarten, 1st grade, and 4th grade and 19 boys total from K-5....

I agree. I believe the roster this year will be 14. Unbelievable, but they have been pulling this off for years. The school may run out of kids b4 the FB season is canceled. My understanding is Cory school board and community wants no part of joining a new league. Lots of proud people. This is exactly the reason Leipsic looked for a new home.

PH does nothing if the NWOAL stays as is, BUT if that league implodes they might need a home. Closest is the BVC, then a stretch for the NWC or GMC. Only then would Leipsic be sad about staying out for a couple more seasons. Of course, they may love the new league and never look back. I have always said that both leagues (BVC/NWC) do things well, but if it’s close I wouldn't switch history and increased travel for minimal upgrades.