Ellet vs Kent Roosevelt

Also Tallmadge dad, i did not say ellet would beat tallmadge. What i said was the game would be in more contension then the last meeting. I think tallmadge is an incredable football team. They compete every year for a state title. Any team can beat any team on any given day. Most teams will become different after week one in the playoffs. The seedings, and state rankings will get thrown out the window. All region teams that made the playoffs are contenders regardless of schedules, rankings, seedings, and state rankings. A good example is a few years back, a 7-3 buchtel team for example. They were not on everyone's radar. They weren't the big seed in the playoffs. They made it all the way to the state title game and lost by one point due to no field goal kickers at buchtel. Same for tallmadge a week one win is huge for them, not only another week of football, a stronger team with more confidence will get to play again. Its all about the kids, and them having fun out there thats all that matters to them. I also dont agree with the game moving to turf, it shouldnt change the teams game plan, but it works to the kent's advantage due to their passing attack and spread offense. If i was hosting i would of done the same thing if it benifits the kids. But when i was playing we used to love the mud and rain, lol toughen up boys.

Something about Tallmadge fans just makes me mad. I remember a few years ago they barely got by Kent in the playoffs after our Star QB got hurt. And then went around bragging like they had won State. Nothing would make me happier then to see them get upset 1st round by Kentston

it wouldnt be an upset, they are playoff teams, they all qualified for the playoffs, calling it an upset is just giving too much credit. I call it a win regardless of the rankings.

For the most part Ellet has run a 3-5 all year. Slack (de), Ivery (ng), Isenhart (de), Hoskinson, Geer, Hamdan, Burch and King (lb), Clayton and Ray (cb), Mackey (s).

they must have changed their whole d then, i didnt see ellet play much this year i did see a few scrimages, and the firestone game. They must have a changed or got a new d coordinater. Your right against a 4-4 they cannot cover much ground in passing attacks, it almost seems like they are running a nickel package.

This is in direct response to Lineacker05 post. You act as if I just run around repeating myself. It's a dead issue to me until it keeps being brought up, then I will repond.

I notice that you have nothing to add to neither endorse nor dispute my comments, so I must assume that you are just ignorant to the subject.

Again, I could give 2 craps about this game because the winner will get destroyed by Aurora anyway.

Tallmadge dad, your post are sensible to most subjects in which i give credit for. You get in defense mode too easy, relax tallmadge is the best in the area there is no doubt. You pry on too much of the ranks, schedules and wins. That is not a very good tool for playoff predictions. All teams are state contenders untill beaten. I am an underdag kind of guy, i sometimes like to see the little guys rise up from the doubters. There will be some games in region 5 d2 won that nobody expected. That always holds true, because like i said records, schedules, ranks, seedings, and state rankings get thrown out the window in the post season. Nobody knows the outcome, or can predict the outcome accurately.

Tell the Male Nurse to quit mentioning Tallmadge and H2 won't have to go back and tell everyone about our game.

I would figure one who was walking heart attack might endear themselves to a nurse of any gender. Could need one any second.

Jus sayin...

If Chapman only had solid WR's :eek: This is my first failed prediction this season and I am usually spot on! That was a good game on the radio..It's good they woke up in the second half and made adjustments on Ellet. Ellet should of scored 21 points and went up 21-0 at half the way the announcers were talking.

Good move by Kent going to Kent State.

He has Thomas and Janus isn't 2 bad, but that is about.. The receiving corp was much deeper last season... I like Kent 2 give Aurora a game though if they come out firing... I believe next Friday will be the first time these two portage county schools have ever met up.. Should be a good game. Go Riders!

Ellet was real close to putting this game away early but one horrible pass and instead of having at least a 14-0 at halftime it's 7-7. I guess that's football. QB picked a bad time to have his worst game of the year.

Not to take anything away from Ellet and what they have done this year, but they havent played anyone yet. Well, besides Tallmadge and that didnt go well for them. In my book, they are 9-1 this year. Nine wins over losing teams. One loss to winning team. I have no doubt that Ellet is better than they were week 2. But so is everyone. Heck, we were without our starting RB, MLB and our QB could barely walk, and still won by 3 TDs. I would honestly say that it would be WORSE this time around. The problem is that for that to happen, Ellet needs to beat Kent (slim chance) and then Aurora (no chance). I wouldnt be so bold as to pick Tallmadge to win R5. Could they? Sure. Do they have the weapons? Yep. It all depends on how bad they want it. Everyone says how bad R5 is, but Howland, Chardon and Aurora are 3 pretty damn good football teams. Will the state champ come out of R5? Most likely not unless the stars align. Will Ellet beat Kent? Most likely not unless the stars align.

The problem is Tallmadge needs to beat Kenston (no chance) and Ellet needs to beat Kent and Aurora (no chance) but we were supposed to lose anyway. I doubt Tallmadge was supposed to lose to the number 8 seed. Tallmadge seems to have trouble with the games that matter and are supposed to win.

I went to this game and one thing changed the whole complexion of it! Kent Roosevelt's defense. Kent came out stacking 9 and 10 guys in the box. Then they changed to a 6-2 and started shooting the gaps to slow the Ellet ground game the was pulverizing them. It worked to perfection! Ellet was hard pressed to get yards on the ground. It also helped that Chapman woke up after halftime and the no huddled was nothing less than genius. But the stars of this game go to Kent's defense.

It was a easy win for Chapman and company. Kent made to many mistakes letting this team have a 20% chance. The catch Thomas made with a stiff arm then a spin move was sweet.

The problem is Tallmadge needs to beat Kenston (no chance) and Ellet needs to beat Kent and Aurora (no chance) but we were supposed to lose anyway. I doubt Tallmadge was supposed to lose to the number 8 seed. Tallmadge seems to have trouble with the games that matter and are supposed to win.
You said something earlier in your post eluding Ellet had a game plan. What was it?

It was a easy win for Chapman and company. Kent made to many mistakes letting this team have a 20% chance. The catch Thomas made with a stiff arm then a spin move was sweet.

Big props to kent with a win couldnt make the game didnt get to see it. My buddy was there and told me ellet scored quick. Then nothing after. Also said ellet turned the ball over on downs and fumbled then after. These were on scoring drives. Said ellet theorhetically should of been up 21-0 halftime. You can also say that a 24-7win was closer played then the outcome. Ellet made horrible mistakes and in a playoff game you cant make those plays. At the end of the day kent's offense scored 24 ellet's offense scored 7. Congrats rough rider nation hope you guys keep on truckin. From the tallmadge post soundes like the game to.be at man what a finish no matter the result.

Wouldn't have anything to do with an elitist attitude would it? Football doormats till the turn of century and all of a sudden they invented the game (and all the excuses that go with it!).:rolleyes:

So when has Ellet been more than average over a ten year period? How many times have they made the playoffs?

Ellet has to deal with kids going to Buchtel and now STVM is having a huge influence in the area..it used to be Hoban but not anymore. They also have to deal with people moving out.
I find it hard to believe that kids from Ellet would be attending Buchtel, for any reason

Can so mebody verify they have been trying to get out of the City Series for years?
If the Akron City Series is anything like the Cleveland Municipal School District's Senate Athletic League (the league being part of the district instead of schools in the district forming their league), I don't think they would able to

So when has Ellet been more than average over a ten year period? How many times have they made the playoffs?

Ah, here we go! ^^^^^ What does that have to do with anything at all? Ellet fans don't get here touting they are God's gift to football, nice try though. Typical response from you.

Time for you to head to the Tallmadge/Kenston thread and list all the excuses as the why the #1 seed went down.

Ellet has to deal with kids going to Buchtel and now STVM is having a huge infulence in the area..it used to be Hoban but not anymore. They also have to deal with people moving out.

Can somebody verify they have been trying to get out of the City Series for years?

City Series? Ellet would love to get back out of Akron!!!

Congratulations Kent Roosevelt!!! Good luck going forward!

Ellet gave it all they had, Kent was better. Some great athletes in the black and red for sure and kudos for making the defensive adjustments you had to.

For the Orange, live and learn. We need smarter quaterback play for next year. Keep your noses in the books and bodies in the weightroom and another shot at the playoffs is surely in reach. Lots of youth, stay hungry gentlemen!

Ah, here we go! ^^^^^ What does that have to do with anything at all? Ellet fans don't get here touting they are God's gift to football, nice try though. Typical response from you.

Time for you to head to the Tallmadge/Kenston thread and list all the excuses as the why the #1 seed went down.

No excuses here friend. None

You said something earlier in your post eluding Ellet had a game plan. What was it?

You saw it in the first half. Man to man coverage and blitz everyone else. Held Kent to one first down in the first half. The 89 yd enterception return turned this whole game around. Instead of 14-0 it's 7-7.

Ellet had a great year and will be back again next year with a team so young.
Kent is a very good team. Coach Nemec is a class coach. GL in the next round.

If Kent plays the way they did against Hoban week 1, expect a 14+ win for Ellet. Hopefully the receivers improved for Kent.
Kent's Defense is what has been winning them games all year and they just keep getting better. When the offense is clicking they are unstoppable and can put up points fast. O struggled in first half last night, but rebounded in 2nd half. D was strong all night once they figured Ellet out.