Elder Vs La Salle

I'm not buying it. Elder is Div I big boy. LaSalle is Div II.
Watch out LaSalle. These comments that are coming out from Elder fans are just a trick. You know how they do. LOL!
Same here as long as Doug Ramsey is the coach Elder will always keep it competitive even in their down years

Players to watch

La Salle Elder
QB Zach Branam RB Cooper Johnson
RB Gi'Bran Payne WR Drew Ramsey
WR/DB DeVonta "Tay" Smith OL Drew Beckenhaupt
OL Paul Haywood OL/DL Jack Tucker
DB Iesa Jarmon TE David Larkins
DB Jaymar Hardgrove Mundy QB Ben Hambleton
DB Jaylen Johnson LB Joey Steimler
LB Will Heffner DB Austin Wandstrat
OL Gavin Robbins LB Ben Ott
DL Jacob Sayotovic LB Nick Paff
K Mason Luensman DB Bartley Thomas

Watch out LaSalle. These comments that are coming out from Elder fans are just a trick. You know how they do. LOL!

Yeah. Nobody with any credibility thinks this will be anything but a close GCLS game. LS will have to bring its very best to win.

Players to watch
La Salle Elder

Ben Ott has left the team. I would add LB/DE Gaillin Mitchell for Elder as a player to watch.

Players to watch

La Salle Elder

Is the DL in this list the young man I've been hearing about? Would be nice to have a wrecking ball on the line again.

Division 1 means nothing except the number of boys enrolled in the school. Read the Lasalle 2020 thread, and Lasalle themselves are saying the best team Lasalle has ever had. Best secondary in the nation. Best junior running back in the state. Returning QB.

Elder is just trying to keep this close and get better for week 2. Elder is very inexperienced to start the year.

There is very little media hype on this game. Even the media is expecting Lasalle to handle Elder easily. The big game everyone is talking about is Lakota West-Colerain.

Excited to watch Gi'bran. Won't be surprised if he's the best player for either team on offense, defense, and special teams tomorrow.

Still think this one gets pushed to Saturday. There’s going to be thunderstorms pretty much all day with small windows to play.

Still think this one gets pushed to Saturday. There’s going to be thunderstorms pretty much all day with small windows to play.

The entire city is in the same boat. Chance of thunderstorms. They aren't going to move the game ahead of time. It could get called Friday night and resume Saturday.

Yeah. Nobody with any credibility thinks this will be anything but a close GCLS game. LS will have to bring its very best to win.
This is to see who has more credibility on this site: Mickey or Lancer. I'm calling for a two score win while Mickey thinks it will be close. Who can we trust on this site: MM or LM?

This is to see who has more credibility on this site: Mickey or Lancer. I'm calling for a two score win while Mickey thinks it will be close. Who can we trust on this site: MM or LM?

Elder was lucky to get back in the game last year after being down 3 scores in the 1st half and that was with Luebbe, Royer, Kandra, and James. Look at the stats from last year's game. Elder's lost everyone except Ramsey. Like I said, Elder is very inexperienced coming in. Lasalle should roll away with this one easy.

This is just preparation for the playoffs anyway. No harbin points at stake. This is basically just the second scrimmage for these teams.

Elder was lucky to get back in the game last year after being down 3 scores in the 1st half and that was with Luebbe, Royer, Kandra, and James. Look at the stats from last year's game. Elder's lost everyone except Ramsey. Like I said, Elder is very inexperienced coming in. Lasalle should roll away with this one easy.

This is just preparation for the playoffs anyway. No harbin points at stake. This is basically just the second scrimmage for these teams.

LOL

Elder good - “most anticipated regular season opener in school history”
Elder average - “basically just the second scrimmage”

It never ends.

I have to go with Mickey I am an eternal optimist but with football I'm not trying to be overconfident since I am a student manager I want to show the athletes the message while its ok to be confident dont be over confident

This is to see who has more credibility on this site: Mickey or Lancer. I'm calling for a two fby uotiwtand was the day day is that we like to have games to play games like and and you are a lot of fun people with your family you know that twietiquette score win while Mickey thinks it will be the close. Who can we trust on this site: MM or LM?

I will happily admit to being wrong if the opportunity presents itself. However, only five points total separate these teams in the past five games. The past three were decided by 6, 3 and 2 points.

I will happily admit to being wrong if the opportunity presents itself. However, only five points total separate these teams in the past five games. The past three were decided by 6, 3 and 2 points.
Agree with the 6,3,2 in the last three. Disagree with your past five games assessment. 2016, L 24-10, 2015, E 21-7, 2014, L 56-35. Three games justify you of a close game, three games back up my two touchdowns of separation.

Players to watch

La Salle Elder
Thanks good list. Any other OL?

Agree with the 6,3,2 in the last three. Disagree with your past five games assessment. 2016, L 24-10, 2015, E 21-7, 2014, L 56-35. Three games justify you of a close game, three games back up my two touchdowns of separation.

At the risk of venturing down a hair-splitting rabbit hole here, La Salle has outscored Elder 81-76 over the past five games according to the LS media guide. That is a total of five points and includes the 2015 and 2016 games you reference, but not the mugging LS put on Elder in 2014. Could a mugging be on tap tonight? Sure! I'd love to watch that and I know my kid certainly would.

Luckily, we will all know a lot more about these two teams tonight. Go Lancers!

LOL

Elder good - “most anticipated regular season opener in school history”
Elder average - “basically just the second scrimmage”

It never ends.
Lasalle is loaded this year and Elder is not. It should be a double digit victory for the Lancers. That said you gotta get over the Elder butthurt thing dude. It took you guys 3 decades to get out of the cellar of the GCL and now you act like your the only team in it. Congrats on all your success and many of the players you have lured from non feeder schools it is impressive. It does make many smile the bragging when you play in the D2 playoffs and tourney. It is a little like Kramer's karate class in Seinfeld.

Lasalle is loaded this year and Elder is not. It should be a double digit victory for the Lancers. That said you gotta get over the Elder butthurt thing dude. It took you guys 3 decades to get out of the cellar of the GCL and now you act like your the only team in it. Congrats on all your success and many of the players you have lured from non feeder schools it is impressive. It does make many smile the bragging when you play in the D2 playoffs and tourney. It is a little like Kramer's karate class in Seinfeld.

Attachments

• kramer.jpg
    kramer.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 13

Fact Check: It took 5 decades....

Fact Check: It took 5 decades....
La Salle won a share of the GCL title in 1995, so that was in its fourth decade. Don't forget the first decade for La Salle wasn't a full decade becuase we fielded our first varsity team in 1962 missing two years of that decade. If you're taking about the GCLS then La Salle won a share of that in 2010 which would have been the 6th decade if you believe like me that the decade starts in the 00 year and goes until the 99 year.

Last edited: