Elder Football 2020

Drew can throw the ball and throw it well. I'm not sure where you guys get the idea that he is a run first type QB. He has the talent to take advantage of what ever the defense gives him. Drew is the obvious choice as far as I'm concerned.
I’ve seen both him and Hambleton at QB. Hambleton is a more polished passer. Not a knock on Ramsey, he’s a better athlete and more of a weapon lining up at multiple positions.

They have to wear face masks while lifting? How's that going to work?

From reading the article on cincinnati.com, it sounds like they are making them wear masks in the Panther Fitness Center. They should follow the advice of the World Health Organization.

The World Health Organization is saying "If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19". That is a direct quote from the World Health Organization website.

How many people honestly use the mask properly anyway? How many are reusing masks that should have been thrown away after single use? How many are thoroughly washing their hands before putting it on? (or back on?) How many are covering both their mouth and nose? How many are constantly pulling it down around the neck? Once damp, you are supposed to remove it and put on a new one, how many do that? Athletes training would have to go through I'm guessing around 10-15 masks per hour. Are they washing their hands every time they put on a fresh one? Too many obstacles to climb for athletes. If you are walking in a crowded store, you could definitely just use one mask and use it properly, but with sports it's not very practical.

Anyone know of the roster numbers this year? They lost a very big class of Seniors and the incoming Juniors we’re low in football players. A record number of sophomores dressing, and maybe even playing, this year?

Anyone that has seen them both throw has been 2 years ago when they were freshman. A lot can change in 2 years. It will be a good competition. I lean with Omar on this in that you have 2 good QBs in Hambleton/Miller so you have the luxury of keeping Drew where he excelled last season. It's a good problem to have for the team though. They can get creative and present big preparation problems for the opposing defense.

Anyone that has seen them both throw has been 2 years ago when they were freshman. A lot can change in 2 years. It will be a good competition. I lean with Omar on this in that you have 2 good QBs in Hambleton/Miller so you have the luxury of keeping Drew where he excelled last season. It's a good problem to have for the team though. They can get creative and present big preparation problems for the opposing defense.
The only reason not to play Drew at QB is if the team is better with him playing another position. It won't be because anyone else on that team is a better QB unless someone has really developed as a QB over the last two years.

So if you are the Hambleton kid do you look to transfer right away with this again coming out in the paper? Pretty good player to sit the bench for 2 years.

The only reason not to play Drew at QB is if the team is better with him playing another position. It won't be because anyone else on that team is a better QB unless someone has really developed as a QB over the last two years.

From posts on here, I remember Ramsey being a receiver as a freshman. Is that not correct?

I understand the athleticism difference because no one on the roster is as fast or explosive, but I don’t get where you’re convinced he’s the better QB if he hasn’t even played QB his freshman or sophomore years. What are you basing his QB skills on?

From posts on here, I remember Ramsey being a receiver as a freshman. Is that not correct?

I understand the athleticism difference because no one on the roster is as fast or explosive, but I don’t get where you’re convinced he’s the better QB if he hasn’t even played QB his freshman or sophomore years. What are you basing his QB skills on?
Hambelton, Ramsey and one other kid split time at QB on that freshman team. Mostly Hambelton and Ramsey though. If I recall correctly Hambelton was injured for the last few games of the season and Ramsey got the majority of snaps then. Ramsey did play receiver when he wasn't at QB.

So if you are the Hambleton kid do you look to transfer right away with this again coming out in the paper? Pretty good player to sit the bench for 2 years.
He’ll be on the field one way or the other. If he’s not QB, he’ll be at WR or maybe even move to Defense.

Hambelton, Ramsey and one other kid split time at QB on that freshman team. Mostly Hambelton and Ramsey though. If I recall correctly Hambelton was injured for the last few games of the season and Ramsey got the majority of snaps then. Ramsey did play receiver when he wasn't at QB.
Keller was the 3rd QB in the rotation. In a lot of years he might’ve ended up the starting QB, great athlete.

Keller was the 3rd QB in the rotation. In a lot of years he might’ve ended up the starting QB, great athlete.

Some really good athletes in that class that are also good football players. Sometimes you have a good athlete but not necessarily a good football player. I think when talking about Miller, Ramsey, Hambleton, Keller they are all great athletes who are also really good football players. They need to find significant roles on the team for all of them. I'm sure they are.

The only way Ramsey moves to defense is if he’s playing both ways. There is zero chance they will take him out of the offense.

Some really good athletes in that class that are also good football players. Sometimes you have a good athlete but not necessarily a good football player. I think when talking about Miller, Ramsey, Hambleton, Keller they are all great athletes who are also really good football players. They need to find significant roles on the team for all of them. I'm sure they are.

So if Ramsey is indeed the QB, where would Hambleton and Miller play? Is Hambleton better than the current receivers or the current tight ends? Harp and Kirch and Larkins and Nieman are all big targets at receiver and tight end. I can’t see either playing before those kids at other positions. Might be the biggest receiving core ever.

Best bet would have to be defense for both. I believe Keller is already on defense. I would imagine he would start in the secondary.

As usual, this team is likely very good on offense with some holes on defense (Size and speed)

Pretty hard switch to defense when you haven’t played there since grade school for Hambleton. I was told Keller isn’t playing football this year. Is that wrong?

Pretty hard switch to defense when you haven’t played there since grade school for Hambleton. I was told Keller isn’t playing football this year. Is that wrong?

It is hard, but Hambleton has to be on the field one way or another. I haven’t heard of Keller not playing, that would be a loss for the Secondary. He’s a solid Safety

I read on the main board a poster has said the OHSAA has told their AD that contact sports practices will be allowed to resume July 6th, but an official announcement has obviously not been made yet. This is a really good sign for football happening. If all goes well with the contact practices, then scrimmages can start up in August.

From June 1st - July 31st coaches get 10 coaching contact days(no equipment or hitting obviously) and 7-on-7 scrimmages are permitted.
August 1st is the day official practices can begin with full contact allowed to begin August 7th.

He answered everyone's QB question. He said it is way too early to tell who the QB will be. He mentioned Miller, Ramsey, and Hambleton. To me, it sounded like he was saying Drew would do a little of everything(QB and Slot), and there would be times all 3 or at least 2 of them would be on the field at the same time.

I'm sure if one of them really wows them in practice/7-on-7's/scrimmage, then one might end up being the QB full time like Luebbe was last year and Bittner was the year before.

He answered everyone's QB question. He said it is way too early to tell who the QB will be. He mentioned Miller, Ramsey, and Hambleton. To me, it sounded like he was saying Drew would do a little of everything(QB and Slot), and there would be times all 3 or at least 2 of them would be on the field at the same time.

I'm sure if one of them really wows them in practice/7-on-7's/scrimmage, then one might end up being the QB full time like Luebbe was last year and Bittner was the year before.
I figured as much. No coach is going to announce an open competition is over before there’s even a practice.

Ramsey is an absolute LOCK to get snaps at QB (in real games). He might share those snaps, but him getting snaps is 100%.

Miller is crazy athletic, has a great arm and is hard nosed. He'd be fine at QB1 but thats not looking likely. My prediction: Miller goes to DB. Hambleton and Ramsey are on the field at the same time. Miller and TBA will still serve as BU QBs.