Elder Enrollment Strategy

I think it’s hilarious they are trying to move Elder down divisions. They wouldn’t shut up about Lasalle moving divisions like it was their choice. Welcome to the club fellas.

Elder is so threatened by Lasalle it’s ridiculous. They will bash them any chance they get. They act like they are the only school with tradition. In my opinion, they are a little over the top. Grown men wearing their high school jerseys like Al Bundy. It’s great to support your school but let’s not act like there isn’t more to a great high school education than Friday nights. My son was well prepared coming out of Lasalle and they have some amazing young men coming out of there.
Don't know if you heard, but Elder will be D1 not dropping down at all. Thanks for playing...

Don't know if you heard, but Elder will be D1 not dropping down at all. Thanks for playing...
That wasn’t an option until recently. I’m sure Lasalle would have elected to do the same back when they were moved down and dominated the gcl in football the years they won state. Thanks for playing…..

With the 33 different grade schools and 26 public school kids, that's Elder welcoming a lot of "outsiders." Elder has always been welcoming to families that send their sons to Elder and it seems that is catching on with so many kids coming in the new class. Great to see!

I think someone said earlier there was a class bigger sometime around 2010, but this is one of the biggest in a while.

The trend will continue as more Elder families come up at St. Ignatius and more public school students see Elder as an option thanks to EdChoice.
I agree, thanks to the swamp, along with Elder going semi- private and on their way to public.
With republicans in the super majority it seems safe for now, although the lawsuit has been filed and begins this winter, should be interesting.

I agree, thanks to the swamp, along with Elder going semi- private and on their way to public.
With republicans in the super majority it seems safe for now, although the lawsuit has been filed and begins this winter, should be interesting.
are you saying St X and LaSalle are going semi private too?

This is the Elder forum. Go to the LaSalle board and talk about it

Free to comment on any thread especially ones that comment If you want an Elder private group chat then start one.

This is the Elder forum. Go to the LaSalle board and talk about it.
Yappi is an open platform. Free to comment on anything I want. If you want a private Elder platform then I suggest you start one. I will continue to be completely professional with all of my comments.

"Not Trey", what are the wrong rumors you speak of?
Prefer not to say but happy to offer my experience and where I think Lasalle needs to improve and where I believe they are improving. Elder is a great school but Lasalle offers some things that Elder doesn’t and vice versa. I think it’s great that all of the gcl schools are seeing an increase in numbers. I hope it continues.

Prefer not to say but happy to offer my experience and where I think Lasalle needs to improve and where I believe they are improving. Elder is a great school but Lasalle offers some things that Elder doesn’t and vice versa. I think it’s great that all of the gcl schools are seeing an increase in numbers. I hope it continues.
This poster only has11 posts since joining at the beginning of the year (right around the time Trey was banned). The only reason for joining is to dispel rumors yet won't elaborate on any of the rumors he is "tired of hearing."

C'mon Trey, you can do better than that.

I think someone said earlier there was a class bigger sometime around 2010, but this is one of the biggest in a while.

The trend will continue as more Elder families come up at St. Ignatius and more public school students see Elder as an option thanks to EdChoice.
Class of 2014 started with something like 269.

This poster only has11 posts since joining at the beginning of the year (right around the time Trey was banned). The only reason for joining is to dispel rumors yet won't elaborate on any of the rumors he is "tired of hearing."

C'mon Trey, you can do better than that.
100% not Trey. Not even sure who you are referring to. Only Trey I know from Lasalle is Trey Aultman the baseball coach. I have no reason to lie. Maybe don’t become a detective because you’re wrong. lol

100% not Trey. Not even sure who you are referring to. Only Trey I know from Lasalle is Trey Aultman the baseball coach. I have no reason to lie. Maybe don’t become a detective because you’re wrong. lol
Seriously... if you're not Trey then ok. It would be nice to know the "rumors" you speak of.

If you are Trey, it will come out. Trey cannot help himself and lacks self-control. Once he sees something good being posted about Elder he has the Yappi version of tourettes and will spew his lies, misinformation and jealously all over the place.

You can read his rants on the baseball board, football board, the other GCL boards and now the debate board. They all say the same thing... he's so jealous of Elder its kind of sad.

Not Trey. Rumors include some of the following, all of which are untrue.

Lasalle merging with Mercy McAuley

Lasalle offering free vouchers for athletes

Lasalle being in financial distress

Lasalle not offering honors or advanced placement classes

Lasalle playing d2 because they wanted to move down

Lasalle not having a freshmen football team

Goedde firing was unjust- great guy but not a good basketball coach

Not Trey. Rumors include some of the following, all of which are untrue.

Lasalle merging with Mercy McAuley

Lasalle offering free vouchers for athletes

Lasalle being in financial distress

Lasalle not offering honors or advanced placement classes

Lasalle playing d2 because they wanted to move down

Lasalle not having a freshmen football team

Goedde firing was unjust- great guy but not a good basketball coach
Oh wow, that all sounds bad.

Elder’s stability has really been a blessing and probably a really great recruiting tool to attract new families. I am not trying to put the schools down, but LaSalle and Moeller have had multiple major scandals over the last 20 years that have no doubt hurt them.

Hopefully this incoming class can be special and be a blueprint for future classes.

I'll add that each of those rumors listed above were actually false or embellished through the westside rumor mill. La Salle is fine.

The Goedde thing was a misstep, though. Hopefully the program rebounds under an exciting new coach, but a devoted grad was effed needlessly.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Elder enrollment discussion.

Surprised it was sponsored by a GOP lawmaker.
As someone who has never voted for a Democrat, Bill Seitz is an embarrassment to the Westside. He’s proof that term limits are necessary. He’s also the clown that got the law passed to allow a sales tax increase to fund Metro bus expansion.

On this issue, Seitz is wrong as usual. Both public and private school students should take fewer standardized tests. These tests are the true reason almost all Ohio schools start in mid-August now. The schools need students back earlier to get them ready for the standardized tests. Even worse these tests only a few years ago became available to take on iPads. Previously they only worked on PCs so teachers had to spend time teaching young students (K-2) how to use a keyboard and mouse solely for the purpose of taking standardized tests.

Last edited: