Elder Basketball 2020-2021

Kind of off topic now, but someone asked so I'm following up. I was looking at some of the other brackets for D1 today and it looks like more of them went to a draw format as well. If they aren't, then I'm not sure how they seed, because some high seeds took byes, others didn't. There are some lopsided scores such as Mentor putting up 90 on a seed in the 30s.

28-20 E at half. Larkins having a big game so far with 10 pts and a few blocks. Some sloppy turnovers have kept Elder from opening up a dbl digit lead.

64-51 E Final. Larkins held Tolentino scoreless while putting up 13 or 14 points, at least 5 Rebounds and 3 blocks

Larkins was able to use his strength to bully Tolentino. I don’t think people realize how hard it is to add muscle at that height, especially at that age. That’s not to mention how hard it is to develop your hand eye coordination and footwork. Almost all of these 7 foot HS players are projects for that reason. So someone like Larkins who might be 6 inches shorter but with a lot more strength can basically push those kids around,

That was just a solid game by the Panthers. LaSalle up next will be a completely different type of game. Survive and advance.

LaSalle takes out Lakota West - could be an all GCL district final.
La Salle took out Lakota East. Lakota West lost to Mason tonight 59-46. Btw, West's coach won a state championship with Woodward in 1988. Anyone know where the Elder-La Salle game will be played next Saturday. GCLS schools could have half of the district teams if Moeller wins their sectonal tomorrow since eight will play, the five sectional winners in Cincinnati and the three sectional winners from Dayton.

Last edited:
District Matchups on March 6:
SW1: Centerville vs. Mason
SW2: Elder vs. La Salle
SW3: Moeller vs. Miamisburg
SW4: St. Xavier vs. Wayne

In the regional semifinals at Princeton on March 10, the winner of SW1 plays winner of SW2 at 8:00 PM and the winner of SW3 plays SW4 at 5:30 PM.

In the regional semifinals at Princeton on March 10, the winner of SW1 plays winner of SW2 at 8:00 PM and the winner of SW3 plays SW4 at 5:30 PM.
Hold your horses, partner! Moeller plays their sectional game tomorrow. They aren't in yet.

Assuming no game times yet?

I think the governor's latest order allows indoor facilities to have 25% of their normal capacity.
That’s about 3.3 K fans for UD arena. I have to wonder if they’d consider playing the FF on two Difft nights and pushback the State Title a week.

That’s about 3.3 K fans for UD arena. I have to wonder if they’d consider playing the FF on two Difft nights and pushback the State Title a week.

I’m pretty sure OHSAA is gonna go with the Dates and Times they Announced.

The final four is twelve games played over 3 days. The dates were already announced.

• Friday, March 12 at UD Arena
    • Division IV State Semifinals, 11 a.m. & 2 p.m.
    • Division III State Semifinals, 5 p.m. & 8 p.m.
  • Saturday, March 13 at UD Arena
    • Division II State Semifinals, 11 a.m. & 2 p.m.
    • Division I State Semifinals, 5 p.m. & 8 p.m.
  • Sunday, March 14 at UD Arena
    • Division IV State Championship Game, 10:45 a.m.
    • Division III State Championship Game, 2 p.m.
    • Division II State Championship Game, 5:15 p.m.
    • Division I State Championship Game, 8:30 p.m.

Last edited:
So are there 32 teams left in the D1 tourney now?
There will be at the end of the weekend. Some sectional games such as Moeller-Middletown won't be played until tomorrow.

Actually, I take that back. After looking at the brackets on the OHSAA's site, it looks like Regions 1-3 are a round behind Region 4. Here in southwest Ohio, teams are playing their third round games this weekend. In the rest of the state they're currently only on their second game and will play their third round games mid-week before the district final games next weekend.

Last edited:
Why would they do that?
I’m assuming it’d be easier to control the crowd # with 2 games on 2 Difft nights. Playing them back to back, makes it harder bc you have to clear out everyone from the first game before you let fans of the 2nd game in.

I doubt that they allow 3k in for the games at UD. It is still essentially up to the local health Department and they just got approval for 1,500 fans for the A-10 tournament games they are hosting in 2 weeks. So I would bet 1,500 at most will be allowed a week later for the state championships.

Guessing Centerville/Mason and Elder/Lasalle will be at Lakota West. And Moeller/Miamisburg and St. Xavier/Wayne will be at Centerville?

Centerville game will gave to be at West... they can't play at home. Would be stupid to make Lasalle/Elder drive to Centerville to play. This should be a pretty easy.

I really wanted East to beat LaSalle due to East being overrated all year. LaSalle is a difficult matchup for Elder and they are playing really well. Look for another game in the 40's and possible OT...

I really wanted East to beat LaSalle due to East being overrated all year. LaSalle is a difficult matchup for Elder and they are playing really well. Look for another game in the 40's and possible OT...
Keep Lovett from getting into the lane, feed Larkins in the post. LS doesn’t have the size to handle him down low. If Elder can do that, they should be in good shape, but if they let LS dictate the pace of the game, it’s going to be close again.