Elder Basketball 2020-2021

Hamilton beats Princeton 74-64. Hamilton is dangerous, especially with the 7 Fter eligible. I hate using sports cliches, but it does seem they’ve been playing with a “nothing to lose” attitude since that entire mess a few weeks ago. This is going to be a tough game.

6 three pointers in the first quarter. I believe it was 10-13 at the half from three. Team can flat-out shoot it, but good teams won't leave 'em open. Gets harder from here on out.

Nice to see Busam and Browne contributing. Future is bright for this team.
Browne is extremely impressive. He has a nice jump shot to go with his Post skills. Early in the year, they were just playing him to get some experience, but he’s legitimately earned more PT.

Browne is extremely impressive. He has a nice jump shot to go with his Post skills. Early in the year, they were just playing him to get some experience, but he’s legitimately earned more PT.
During back to back trips down the floor early in the game, Browne hit a 3 and then ran the court for an athletic layup in full stride.

During back to back trips down the floor early in the game, Browne hit a 3 and then ran the court for an athletic layup in full stride.
That’s what caught my eye. They don’t have to give him garbage time minutes to get ready for next year, he’s a legitimate asset right now.

Yes, the Southwest District has a rule against basketball tournament host schools playing on their home court. Since the Elder-Hamilton game is scheduled for the same time (Friday at 7) as the Lakota West-Mason game, the Panthers and Bluebirds will be playing at Lakota West and the Firebirds and Comets will be playing at Fairfield.

Hamilton beats Princeton 74-64. Hamilton is dangerous, especially with the 7 Fter eligible. I hate using sports cliches, but it does seem they’ve been playing with a “nothing to lose” attitude since that entire mess a few weeks ago. This is going to be a tough game.

Hamilton is dangerous no doubt but they will play at a fast pace which Elder loves. I like this matchup for Elder as long as they shoot it well. They will get plenty of open looks.

They've been shooting lights out at Fairfield. Hope the venue change doesn't mess with their shooting rhythm. But I agree with JE, Hamilton will play fast which is exactly what Elder wants to do. I know this isn't as strong of an Elder team defensively, but you'd think maybe Hamilton hasn't seen many teams with Elder's discipline defensively.

St. X beat Colerain by 35.
Turpin held on to defeat Oak Hills 28-21 in OT. The game was tied at 19 at the end of regulation.

This is why Ohio needs a shot clock. I don’t want to hear any justifications, that’s terrible basketball.

Not sure it’s the style of Basketball or just extremely poor shooting by both Teams. Stat sheet, Shooting wise is UGLY!

Not sure it’s the style of Basketball or just extremely poor shooting by both Teams. Stat sheet, Shooting wise is UGLY!
Even a horrible shooting night would lead to more than 19 points at the end of regulation.

Even a horrible shooting night would lead to more than 19 points at the end of regulation.

Not necessarily, I looked. OH Shot 19% from the Field. They missed 30 Shots from the Field (7-37). Turpin wasn’t much better from Field 8-27. That is absolutely atrocious Shooting.

Not necessarily, I looked. OH Shot 19% from the Field. They missed 30 Shots from the Field (7-37). Turpin wasn’t much better from Field 8-27. That is absolutely atrocious Shooting.
If they were playing more aggressive, they’d have driven into the lane and drawn more fouls, eventually getting to the FT Line.

Yes... Oak Hills routinely runs offense for 1-2 minutes before shooting.

That’s not how the game is supposed to be played. To be clear, I’m also not advocating for a 30 second shot clock. I wouldn’t mind if they put in some kind of rule like LAX where if the refs think the Offense is stalling, they get a warning and have to put up a shot within a certain amount of time or lose possession.

That’s not how the game is supposed to be played. To be clear, I’m also not advocating for a 30 second shot clock. I wouldn’t mind if they put in some kind of rule like LAX where if the refs think the Offense is stalling, they get a warning and have to put up a shot within a certain amount of time or lose possession.

I'm all for a 30 second shot clock... would improve the game tremendously.

I like that one, first I've heard of it too. Unfortunately that would require a lot of judgement from the referee and too many people would like to see less input into a game by officials - not that they're doing a bad job, but parents anymore are ruthless. Watched a 5th Grade game a few weeks back where some parents were threatened with ejection if they didn't stop yapping. Imagine if a team is running offense, but it looks like a stall and a referee calls in on them. 40-45 second shot clock would vastly improve the offensive flow of games, specifically in the GCL. Though it also may not help with the low scoring, at least initially.

The Panther’s run to the Final Four starts tonight. Dangerous game but I think the Panthers will get plenty of open shots that they will hit.

E - 74
Hamilton - 69