Elder Basketball 2020-2021

Vacation time for Big Moe - sectional finals without even playing a game. I’m sure that 16 or 19 seed will provide some resistance too.

Looks like Withrow bailed, not like it mattered.

From what I read today, it sounds like the Regional tournament is going to be held at Princeton. Sounds like the site for the Final Four is still yet to be determined.

Does WW have any Players that could give Elder problems? Record is awful but they usually have at least a few kids that can play.

From what I read today, it sounds like the Regional tournament is going to be held at Princeton. Sounds like the site for the Final Four is still yet to be determined.

Yes regional is at Princeton... final four still TBD, but it sounds like colleges aren't willing to let OHSAA use their facilities. Might have to be something like Nationwide Arena in Columbus or Cavs Arena in Cleveland if they want a bigger setting.

Yes regional is at Princeton... final four still TBD, but it sounds like colleges aren't willing to let OHSAA use their facilities. Might have to be something like Nationwide Arena in Columbus or Cavs Arena in Cleveland if they want a bigger setting.
I wouldn't expect that. More likely we'll see the games at HS gyms in the Columbus area with one division per site. That's what the OHSAA is going to do for wrestling.

Has a location been announced for the District round yet?

I wouldn't expect that. More likely we'll see the games at HS gyms in the Columbus area with one division per site. That's what the OHSAA is going to do for wrestling.

D1 districts are at Lakota West & Centerville.

Are there any rules against playing on your home court? I guess at some point it becomes impossible to avoid.

Or does that automatically put Centerville at Lakota West and potentially Elder/Lakota East in Centerville?

And I guess Centerville could also play Lakota West - so someone would be guaranteed a home game there.

Last edited:
Are there any rules against playing on your home court? I guess at some point it becomes impossible to avoid.

Or does that automatically put Centerville at Lakota West and potentially Elder/Lakota East in Centerville?

And I guess Centerville could also play Lakota West - so someone would be guaranteed a home game there.
In Southwest Ohio, yes, games are moved all of the time so a team whose school is hosting a sectional cannot play on their home court. For example, today's La Salle vs. Western Hills game was moved from West Clermont to Lakota West so the Lakota West vs. Fairfield game can be played on a neutral court instead of at Lakota West.

In the Northeast Ohio region, the higher seed hosts the first/second round games.

Last edited:

I like that for Elder. I was worried how the change in backdrops at Cintas or UD might negatively impact their shooting. It happens all the time to good shooting teams in the tournament.

OHSAA visited UD last weekend, I'm hearing UD or Vandalia Butler will be the host.

OHSAA visited UD last weekend, I'm hearing UD or Vandalia Butler will be the host.
For the Final Four? Little surprised they aren't trying to keep them in Columbus either at Nationwide Arena or even the Columbus Fairgrounds if Ohio State doesn't want them at either of their two arenas. UD is always a good host for the Districts.

UD Arena is one of the best Basketball Venues in the country. This is Great!

Huge Shout Out for the UD Arena Team for working with OHSAA on the cost of the avenue!

Last edited:
70-37 E final. E pulled starters at half. Apparently there’s a running clock in bball for Tournament games, bc there was no stoppage the last 1.5 qtr.

Lakota West beats Fairfield - as I mentioned LW is one of the most dangerous double digits seeds out there.

70-37 E final. E pulled starters at half. Apparently there’s a running clock in bball for Tournament games, bc there was no stoppage the last 1.5 qtr.

Good to hear. Think the Girls have had Running Clock in Tournament for at least a few years now.

6 three pointers in the first quarter. I believe it was 10-13 at the half from three. Team can flat-out shoot it, but good teams won't leave 'em open. Gets harder from here on out.

Nice to see Busam and Browne contributing. Future is bright for this team.

UD Arena is one of the best Basketball Venues in the country. This is Great!

Huge Shout Out for the UD Arena Team for working with OHSAA on the cost of the avenue!
I agree. I’m (overly) critical of the OHSAA but they couldn’t have made a better choice than UD Arena. It’s very convenient for teams and fans being just a stone’s throw from I-75, there’s plenty of parking, the folks at UD clearly love hosting basketball tournament games and it’s just a great place to watch a game.

I agree. I’m (overly) critical of the OHSAA but they couldn’t have made a better choice than UD Arena. It’s very convenient for teams and fans being just a stone’s throw from I-75, there’s plenty of parking, the folks at UD clearly love hosting basketball tournament games and it’s just a great place to watch a game.

if the Reds can have 30% attendance by Opening Day, I don’t know why UD couldn’t have 2k (roughly 15% capacity) for the Finals.