Michael Keehan Elder Senior 6-3
Sean Keller Elder Junior 5-10
David Larkins Elder Senior 6-5
Kristopher McClure St. Xavier Senior 6-4
JT Miller Elder Senior 6-3
Aidan Noyes Moeller Senior 6-6
Louie Semona St. Xavier Junior 6-7
Aidan Turner Moeller Senior 6-2

I think Keehan deserves first team over Kirby - he’s been very good and consistent all year. Top 10 in scoring, top 5 in assists, top 5 in steals. Shot almost 55% from the field.

I think Rogers should have won POY by himself.

Congrats to all.

Last edited:
All GCL Teams Announced:

Awards
Athlete of the Year Logan Duncomb Moeller
Athlete of the Year Kobe Rodgers St. Xavier
Defensive Player of the Year Evan Mahaffey Moeller
Coach of the Year Joe Schoenfeld Elder
Coach of the Year Mike Noszka St. Xavier

First Team
Logan Duncomb Moeller Senior 6-9
Andrew Harp Elder Junior 6-5
Joe Kirby St. Xavier Senior 6-2
Justin Lovette La Salle Senior 6-2
Evan Mahaffey Moeller Junior 6-5
Kobe Rodgers St. Xavier Senior 6-3
Ayden Schneider La Salle Senior 6-4
Alex Williams Moeller Senior 6-4

Second Team
Michael Keehan Elder Senior 6-3
Sean Keller Elder Junior 5-10
David Larkins Elder Senior 6-5
Kristopher McClure St. Xavier Senior 6-4
JT Miller Elder Senior 6-3
Aidan Noyes Moeller Senior 6-6
Louie Semona St. Xavier Junior 6-7
Aidan Turner Moeller Senior 6-2
Calling BS on the shared “Athlete of the year”, it should be Rogers and only Rogers.

I think Keehan deserves first team over Kirby - he’s been very good and consistent all year. Top 10 in scoring, top 5 in assists, top 5 in steals. Shot almost 55% from the field.

I think Rogers should have won POY by himself.

Congrats to all.
Agreed on Keehan. Honestly with only 4 teams in the GCLS, there's no reason they should have more than 5-6 on a given team. Elder's entire starting 5 is represented in both 1st and 2nd teams. Moeller's entire starting 5 is represented. And X has 4 of their 5 starters. It's basketball make it simple, 5 players per team. If you want to do a 3rd Team or an Honorable Mention to get 15 players honored then so be it.

The shared "Athlete of the Year" is getting old, especially when one of the two doesn't really deserve it.
That’s my biggest beef with this. In the past, there’s been 2 players who legitimately deserved it. In this case, I don’t even think Duncomb is the most important player on Moeller’s team.

That’s my biggest beef with this. In the past, there’s been 2 players who legitimately deserved it. In this case, I don’t even think Duncomb is the most important player on Moeller’s team.
Bingo. Could argue for Williams or Mahaffey.

There's just been too many years where it's blatantly obvious there shouldn't be co-POYs. If there are two players where it's tough to pick one over the other, then fine - but that should be few and far between.

Agreed on Keehan. Honestly with only 4 teams in the GCLS, there's no reason they should have more than 5-6 on a given team. Elder's entire starting 5 is represented in both 1st and 2nd teams. Moeller's entire starting 5 is represented. And X has 4 of their 5 starters. It's basketball make it simple, 5 players per team. If you want to do a 3rd Team or an Honorable Mention to get 15 players honored then so be it.

Agree with this - all sports have been expanded to the point that these awards are watered down - welcome to the everyone gets a participation trophy & "second chance tournament" era.

42-18 E at half. Good to see Elder’s shooters hitting their shots. I know Harrison is bad, but anything to get their confidence built back up, is helpful.

Agree with this - all sports have been expanded to the point that these awards are watered down - welcome to the everyone gets a participation trophy & "second chance tournament" era.
Yea really. 16 of the 20 starting players in the gcl got 1st or 2nd team? I could see if it was the gmc or a 8-10 team league? Anyway it's the strongest the gcl has been in hoops top to bottom in quite some time. Lets make a run this tournament.

Starters played about 15 min total. Bench played most of the 2nd half.

Made shots
Out rebounded them 31-8
Nice jog

On to Winton Woods Tuesday 5:30

Still think the OHSAA should make the top seeded team in each half of the sectional take the bye. Would be much better to see Harrison play Winton Woods first round and then the winner play Elder. Other than Elder getting some practice in, none of the teams are better off when the top seeds don't take a bye.

That is just teaching quitting. If it is COVID related that is different, but just because you are going to lose that is no way to coach.

Last time Little Miami played was on 2/2. So they were obviously shut down for Covid for some time period. Guessing they had some kids who maybe just decided to move on to spring sports after being shut down the last two weeks of the season...

It is a complete waste for a bad team to play in the tournament just for the sake of saying they played in the tournament. It's not competitive or fun for anyone.

It is a complete waste for a bad team to play in the tournament just for the sake of saying they played in the tournament. It's not competitive or fun for anyone.

It’s also a complete waste for these Teams/Schools to participate in the Tournament Draw. Just say beforehand, we are not playing the Tournament. I sure hope Withrow plays against Moeller.