Elder Basketball 2020-2021

There's hardly been any to play.

2021s: Miller and Nieman are a couple events. Walker traditionally has played but more local team but there hasnt been any games. Larkins (Football) and Keehan (Baseball) did not play this year.

2022s Keller and Harp?

Im pretty sure Miller, Nieman, Keller and Harp all played in the Shining Star program who has played a little.

2023s, no idea.

The challenge is there has been a lot cancelled.

I doubt anyone has played much organized basketball since this started. I don’t think tournaments have even been played.

A couple tournaments have taken place. One in Ohio and also Indiana (last weekend). Other than Harp, not sure who from Elder is playing.

tournaments in indy for about a month. not sure of girls or boys but can confirm games are played. not that it really matters that they are playing just letting people know as i've been called to referee.

also, schools should be holding workouts at their gym. my daughter going to college goes to a high school and works out with their team in the gym?

jtk
()

tournaments in indy for about a month. not sure of girls or boys but can confirm games are played. not that it really matters that they are playing just letting people know as i've been called to referee.

also, schools should be holding workouts at their gym. my daughter going to college goes to a high school and works out with their team in the gym?

jtk
()

Indy has had boys and girls tournaments over the last few weekends

There's hardly been any to play.

2021s: Miller and Nieman are a couple events. Walker traditionally has played but more local team but there hasnt been any games. Larkins (Football) and Keehan (Baseball) did not play this year.

2022s Keller and Harp?

Im pretty sure Miller, Nieman, Keller and Harp all played in the Shining Star program who has played a little.

2023s, no idea.

The challenge is there has been a lot cancelled.

Harp finally got on the circuit this year playing for APEX which is an Adidas Gauntlet program.

anyone can play aau. eybl and the gauntlet program and teams that are sponsored and travel to play in front of college coaches exclusively. anyone can play aau if their guardians pay for it, and there are some really good programs out there that get exposure. the gauntlet and eybl are different levels.

jtk
()

anyone can play aau. eybl and the gauntlet program and teams that are sponsored and travel to play in front of college coaches exclusively. anyone can play aau if their guardians pay for it, and there are some really good programs out there that get exposure. the gauntlet and eybl are different levels.

jtk
()

Trey knows nothing about the differences of level of play in AAU Events and probably has never heard of the Circuit. He will still complain a lot and say stupid stuff though. Always has and always will be a Clown. Ignore feature works great for Trey/OSP and Omar/NVA/pboy

Trey knows nothing about the differences of level of play in AAU Events and probably has never heard of the Circuit. He will still complain a lot and say stupid stuff though. Always has and always will be a Clown. Ignore feature works great for Trey/OSP and Omar/NVA/pboy
WTF have I done lately except provide facts and given my opinions rooted in logic? This s**t of making me the bad guy is getting old. I don’t mind being called out for being an idiot in the past, but I haven’t done anything in the last few yrs that warrants being ignored.

WTF have I done lately except provide facts and given my opinions rooted in logic? This s**t of making me the bad guy is getting old. I don’t mind being called out for being an idiot in the past, but I haven’t done anything in the last few yrs that warrants being ignored.

Just ignore it dude.

Admins, the dumb posts smarty puts up every so often are the ones that need to be deleted. Not the ones that provide alternative viewpoints.

Finally? He’s likely been playing AAU his whole life, hasn’t he?

I specifically said he finally made the jump to the circuit. There's a huge difference between that level of play and the stuff Shining Stars or other ma/pa type AAU that's out there.

Lots of ignored content again. Sure Trey still spouting off about something he knows nothing about and Pboy crying about Elder not running the AD as he sees fit. Total a ss clowns!

Lots of ignored content again. Sure Trey still spouting off about something he knows nothing about and Pboy crying about Elder not running the AD as he sees fit. Total a ss clowns!
WTF are you talking about man? I didn’t say anything about this.

posts by smarty and EP are almost always delete worthy and never get deleted. Other people write perfectly legit, on topic posts and get deleted.

the only deletion worthy posts in the past 6 months have been them 2

I specifically said he finally made the jump to the circuit. There's a huge difference between that level of play and the stuff Shining Stars or other ma/pa type AAU that's out there.

Seems like the good soldier smarty has an obsession with you and carefree. Maybe he should just read your post. Their post will never get deleted, they are good soldiers

True, but often times the circuit teams are based on overblown potential. Must not be that huge since the shining stars beat the Adidus team you speak of

True, but often times the circuit teams are based on overblown potential.

I don’t know that’s there’s anyone in the Elder basketball program that has any chance of playing D1. That’s a huge leap if you ask me. These gauntlet teams at the highest level are filled with high tier athletes.

I guess if you’re trying to get D3 looks it makes sense, but 98% of Elder basketball players aren’t playing organized hoops after high school. It would serve them much better to try to make the best gelled Elder team possible instead of trying to chase all of this AAU glory and “exposure”.

Its good to play games, but skill development and team cohesion are most important in the offseason.

I agree with most of what your saying, hopefully the trend of more off season time together as a high school team continues and the need for kids to play AAU ball diminishes. Although many play AAU to get exposure, just as many play to simply get better, love playing the game and would rather be playing with schoolmates.

Seems like the good soldier smarty has an obsession with you and carefree. Maybe he should just read your post. Their post will never get deleted, they are good soldiers

I don’t know Trey has complained a lot in the past about his post being deleted along with everything else Elder. Trey is a Liar! Their post get deleted from time to time and they get the boot but keep coming back as to many screen names to count. No need for me to read their lies and nonsense.

Coach Joe is the one who needs to get on track. Play his style of bb lucky if they would be 500. Kids como up are shooters and fast break players. Go to slow Joe style won't be fun to watch. He has ruined the last three teams.

Coach Joe is the one who needs to get on track. Play his style of bb lucky if they would be 500. Kids como up are shooters and fast break players. Go to slow Joe style won't be fun to watch. He has ruined the last three teams.

You expecting Coach Joe to change his style after 30 years?

Carefree is a lying Clown!

Last edited:
There was no “ruining” those teams, they didn’t have the talent. Merz not playing last yr and the deep football run keeping Luebbe out for the 1st half, hurt them more than anything. Now, if they don’t show a good amount of improvement from last yr, then you can put the blame on him.

This team should be better than everyone in the city, excluding Moeller. I’d even argue Elder has a better backcourt, but Moeller has so much more size & depth in their front court, that they’re still materially better than Elder or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:
Pboy, I forgot to tell you, I’m no longer your neighbor. No more long talks at Joe’s or take-out from Ruthai. It was fun while it lasted, take care of the square my friend. Eastside ‘til we die!