Elder Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this and if that! They win but , and they won but ! Blah blah blah .. I was wrong about you ! Not a clown , you’re a freaking donkey ! Debbie Downer , Negative Nancy! Good lord , when they lose you will say , see I told you guys ! Just go away !!
Being factual is a being a Debbie downer? If you don’t like what I’ve got to say, use the Ignore feature.

Fact ! No one agrees with you , go away !

So you all agree that shooting 62% from the FT line isn’t a weakness for a team?

I like how you and EP are trying to bully me into just posting like a homer. Neither of you has presented a single argument that refutes anything I’ve said. You’re just butthurt this isn’t the State sponsored news that you get from the Elder post game crowd. I can’t help it if you’re so insecure some perfectly accurate and reasonable criticism upsets you.

Last edited:
It’s not being a homer ! It’s called being supportive to a high school . Again 15-19 year old kids playing for a school and you’re talking about how they can / could improve! Here is my message , you’re a donkey ! The school obviously doesn’t have anything they can do to be acceptable in your eyes ! They don’t need you ! Move on ! Go away !

Then you just lack the ability to distinguish nuance. Nothing I’ve said is close to what it’s being interpreted as. You have an issue with Trey, that’s bw all of you, I’ve got nothing to do with him.

I’m still waiting for someone to point out anything I’ve said in this thread that was either wrong or out of line. I’m serious, if I’ve done either of those things I’ll own it and apologize. However, until then you need to work on your reading comprehension.
Fair. But you still go round and round saying the same things over and over. How many different times can you say they need more non-feeder talent? Your point(s) is/are noted. No need to keep repeating yourself.

Lol, it really bothers you that people point out the talent disparity at Moeller and Lasalle and how they attained it?

You’re such a wet blanket.

The only consistent talent disparity Elder has with ANY high school in SWO is Moeller. Guess what, welcome to the crowd. Every high school has that same talent disparity with Moeller. After that it's pretty even across the board, and it then comes down to who does more with that talent consistently each year.

Fair. But you still go round and round saying the same things over and over. How many different times can you say they need more non-feeder talent? Your point(s) is/are noted. No need to keep repeating yourself.

There’s several other posters repeating the same things as well. Why not go after them?

Also, how many times have you posted just to play Devil’s Advocate? We’re all guilty to some extent (myself more than others), of repeating ourselves.

Last edited:
It’s not being a homer ! It’s called being supportive to a high school . Again 15-19 year old kids playing for a school and you’re talking about how they can / could improve! Here is my message , you’re a donkey ! The school obviously doesn’t have anything they can do to be acceptable in your eyes ! They don’t need you ! Move on ! Go away !
When I single out a kid in a negative way, then you can make that accusation. However, that’s not something I’ve ever done. If you can’t handle an honest discussion, either use the ignore button or GTFO. You don’t want support, you want homerism.

When I single out a kid in a negative way, then you can make that accusation. However, that’s not something I’ve ever done. If you can’t handle an honest discussion, either use the ignore button or GTFO. You don’t want support, you want homerism.
Loser ! Go away

The only consistent talent disparity Elder has with ANY high school in SWO is Moeller. Guess what, welcome to the crowd. Every high school has that same talent disparity with Moeller. After that it's pretty even across the board, and it then comes down to who does more with that talent consistently each year.

AMEN!!! Thank you.

This narrative that Elder fails to get any talent is completely ludicrous. Frankly, any other school reading that about Elder people using that excuse would laugh at that right to their face. There's zero chance anyone besides a couple homers on this forum believe this. It's pretty obvious those repeating this excuse have an agenda.

This constant comparison to Moeller to "prove" something about Elder is washed out and old. Get better.

AMEN!!! Thank you.

This narrative that Elder fails to get any talent is completely ludicrous. Frankly, any other school reading that about Elder people using that excuse would laugh at that right to their face. There's zero chance anyone besides a couple homers on this forum believe this. It's pretty obvious those repeating this excuse have an agenda.

This constant comparison to Moeller to "prove" something about Elder is washed out and old. Get better.
I mean, you can say thank you, but Elder definitely has had a consistent talent disparity to Lasalle as well. I can’t really comment on other schools as I don’t follow them as much. I would guess most of them are up and down in talent like Elder. It’s not like Elder has been terrible over the last decade.

I mean, you can say thank you, but Elder definitely has had a consistent talent disparity to Lasalle as well. I can’t really comment on other schools as I don’t follow them as much. I would guess most of them are up and down in talent like Elder. It’s not like Elder has been terrible over the last decade.
I think the talent gap bw Elder and LS has shrunk pretty significantly in the yrs since Fleming left. Granted, that’s a relatively small sample size, but it’s burgeoning on a trend.

To me, and I honestly don't want to start back and forth stupidity with this, those decade records are very telling (hear me out).

As I mentioned previously, I think SOME of it has to do with open enrollment and how Moeller has drastically brought in better talent than every else. When you play them twice a year, that's almost 2 guaranteed losses for everyone, where that wasn't always the case in the decades prior. So I will admit, that tells SOME of the story (albeit, IMO, a small portion of the story).

Another thing that happened around that decade turn was the focus on specialization. Regardless of your opinions on if Elder should or should not do this, the programs that have used specialization and year-round training as their model have found more success than those that haven't. It is an important part of the success of programs like Moeller, Oak Hills, Centerville, Lakota East, Cov Cath, Cooper, and others like Turpin, LaSalle, and now St X is working towards this with their new coach.

It's one thing if Elder has made the decision to put all of their investment into football. There's not much the basketball program can do in that case. If that's a reality, it will be what it is. However, it's a much different story if the basketball program is choosing to operate that way. If the school is giving them free reign to build out the program and they are simply not doing what's necessary, that seems to a reason why we've seen such a disparity in records since open enrollment and specialization began.

All of this other nonsense about it being "unethical" or "against the spirit of the rules", or that Elder simply can't get any talent, is purely that - nonsense.

To me, and I honestly don't want to start back and forth stupidity with this, those decade records are very telling (hear me out).

As I mentioned previously, I think SOME of it has to do with open enrollment and how Moeller has drastically brought in better talent than every else. When you play them twice a year, that's almost 2 guaranteed losses for everyone, where that wasn't always the case in the decades prior. So I will admit, that tells SOME of the story (albeit, IMO, a small portion of the story).

Another thing that happened around that decade turn was the focus on specialization. Regardless of your opinions on if Elder should or should not do this, the programs that have used specialization and year-round training as their model have found more success than those that haven't. It is an important part of the success of programs like Moeller, Oak Hills, Centerville, Lakota East, Cov Cath, Cooper, and others like Turpin, LaSalle, and now St X is working towards this with their new coach.

It's one thing if Elder has made the decision to put all of their investment into football. There's not much the basketball program can do in that case. If that's a reality, it will be what it is. However, it's a much different story if the basketball program is choosing to operate that way. If the school is giving them free reign to build out the program and they are simply not doing what's necessary, that seems to a reason why we've seen such a disparity in records since open enrollment and specialization began.

All of this other nonsense about it being "unethical" or "against the spirit of the rules", or that Elder simply can't get any talent, is purely that - nonsense.
I didn’t read what you wrote, because I’m sure it’s just the same nonsense as always.

I think the talent gap bw Elder and LS has shrunk pretty significantly in the yrs since Fleming left. Granted, that’s a relatively small sample size, but it’s burgeoning on a trend.
Maybe so, but the current Lasalle team is either overplaying their talent or they are more talented and experienced than the current Elder team.

I disagree. What they've had is top notch coaching that has made their talent look so much better. This was particularly true under their former coach, Fleming.

Status
Not open for further replies.