Elder Basketball 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t care about Elder ! Your not passionate about Elder ! You may praise a win but you are quick to find all the wrong that’s going on. You act like these kids don’t go to camps, extra practices/ workouts , strength conditioning etc. If you want Elder to be successful, then grab a paddle and start paddling ! Your throwing water in the boat! Your opinions, honest or maybe even correct to a point , don’t matter. Go look at each sport male/ female and see what schools are typically in state tournaments. Elder as a whole is doing good. You would maybe have a valid opinion if the basketball lost every year at sectionals or had below .500 record consistently . Judging off what Moeller has or hasn’t done is silly! You’ve posted about other schools and hoping they have no success at all ! Why do you wish high school kids fail or not successful ?? That is where I will say you have a problem! Wishing bad on others is just flat out wrong ! Especially when it’s 14-19 year old kids and a few younger men that are a bit older.
See, you’re getting me confused with Trey. I never said any of those things. I’ve been very blunt in saying they can’t be compared to be Moeller, but you can’t blame Moeller for a lot of the mistakes they make on a consistent basis.
And you’re twisting what I said. I said it would help Elder if LS went under, that’s just a fact. It’s dumb to think one of your biggest competitors going out of business wouldn’t be a benefit. The same would be true if the shoe was on the other foot. I’m not sure how you can argue against it. That doesn’t necessarily mean you want it to happen, but facts are facts.

Elder’s talent is young and inexperienced right now. It’s not a surprise where they are.

In any event, based on comments, it’s obvious they run the program similar to others, so that narrative is bs. What’s the other variable? Talent...and it’s the most important one.

what happens if they underachieve when the talent is upperclassmen? That’s what you keep missing, there’s a concerning pattern that’s developed and a lot of the persistent mistakes aren’t necessarily related to talent.

44 pages of uselessness from trey for a school he claims to have no affiliation with. That’s a special kind of wacko. I’m going to take someone’s advice and use the ignore button. Let’s talk basketball.
Isn’t as much the fault of the people who choose to indulge him?

Anyway, I think they lose tonight. It’s really hard to win at LS. They might keep it close, but I think LS ultimately wins by 8-10 points.

what happens if they underachieve when the talent is upperclassmen? That’s what you keep missing, there’s a concerning pattern that’s developed and a lot of the persistent mistakes aren’t necessarily related to talent.
How is that a pattern? They absolutely won with talent from 2014 through 2017 when they had it.

How is that a pattern? They absolutely won with talent from 2014 through 2017 when they had it.
The last 4 seasons there’s been a lot of turnovers and bad FT shooting. There’s obviously skill involved, but it’s not necessarily due to lack of talent. And I hope it doesn’t carry over into next yr, if they can shoot close to 70% as a team and limit the turnovers, they’ll be good.

Great athlete does not always equal great basketball player.

It could, but it's not a given.

In one breath you talk about all of these great athletes that "have" to play basketball, but in the very next breath say that talent is the issue they're mediocre. LOL!!!!!!! So frickin funny LOL!!!!!

LOL - seriously, it's a constant contradiction to fit literally each different post. It's hilarious LOL!!!!
You pick and choose words/phrases to fit your narrative more than anyone. These guys are the best basketball players in the school. That doesn't mean they're the best basketball players in the city.

This is kinda funny, especially when you look at other rosters across the city. You keep ragging on these two guys on here, but they actually point out a lot of what you guys continuously do with all the excuses. Just saying.
You would know a lot more than they do. You've shown to have more credibility than both - not that it takes much.

Couple questions for you then:
-Where would you rank Elder's schedule this year in regards to the rest of the city, do you think that has an effect on their record?
-Does most of the city play 6-8 rotation players who are seeing their first meaningful Varsity minutes as juniors and sophomores?
-Do you agree/agree that Elder is an average team this season?
-Do you also agree/disagree, that Elder SHOULD make big strides and be a top 5 team in the city next year considering their current roster and what they SHOULD be bringing back?

You pick and choose words/phrases to fit your narrative more than anyone. These guys are the best basketball players in the school. That doesn't mean they're the best basketball players in the city.

What did I make up. People 100% have said that the best athletes have to play basketball because poor ole Elder doesn't have any (which is false), yet then continue on to say that Elder cannot compete because they get no athletes. You can't have it both ways.

THAT is talking out of both sides of your a**

You would know a lot more than they do. You've shown to have more credibility than both - not that it takes much.

Couple questions for you then:
-Where would you rank Elder's schedule this year in regards to the rest of the city, do you think that has an effect on their record?
-Does most of the city play 6-8 rotation players who are seeing their first meaningful Varsity minutes as juniors and sophomores?
-Do you agree/agree that Elder is an average team this season?
-Do you also agree/disagree, that Elder SHOULD make big strides and be a top 5 team in the city next year considering their current roster and what they SHOULD be bringing back?

I will reply first and see how far off my answers are from Philly - you know, because I lack credibility:

1) Elder's schedule was better than last year, but hardly a gauntlet. In comparison, I would say it's about the same
2) Yes
3) Yes - agree they are average, but because they play too many people and have goofy subbing patterns
4) If the entire team is developing basketball skills and athleticism in the off-season, then YES. If most focus on other sports as a big chunk of their off-season, then NO

My guess is we only slightly disagree on #3. Philly will say I've over-rated the talent, which may be true.

There are 700 other kids in the school, most of which probably played basketball on their grade school's best teams. Don't tell me you can't develop kids into serviceable basketball players over the course of 3-4 years before they reach varsity. That is complete and utter bullsh*t. There is simply ZERO reason to be held hostage by football players for your basketball program to ramp up every year. That is in no way saying football players shouldn't play basketball if they are capable and skilled basketball players.

And I'm not talking about the kids that can't walk and chew gum.

This narrative of all of these amazing athletes landing at other schools and Elder getting the leftovers and runt of the litter is also bullsh*t. For the most part, expect for teams like Moeller, the kids are pretty much the same talent wise. In fact, I'd argue that the private Catholic school gets much more talent. That has shown to be true as well.
They tried to develop some kids, they either didn't make the cut this year, transferred or didn't come back to play basketball. The Senior class doesn't have Royer/Byrne/Merz. The Junior class doesn't have Link, Pohlman, Ramstetter, Weber.

The biggest/tallest/most athletic kids at Elder generally play football - Royer/Larkins/Nieman/James/Kandra. If you think there are other guys like them walking the halls, you're sadly mistaken.

What did I make up. People 100% have said that the best athletes have to play basketball because poor ole Elder doesn't have any (which is false), yet then continue on to say that Elder cannot compete because they get no athletes. You can't have it both ways.

Some of the best basketball players at Elder also play football. If a kid is one of the best players in a couple sports and wants to play them, he should be able to play. I’m not sure what you are going on about.

Not even close there bud. Keep reading, maybe you'll get it on your 3rd try.

I will reply first and see how far off my answers are from Philly - you know, because I lack credibility:

1) Elder's schedule was better than last year, but hardly a gauntlet. In comparison, I would say it's about the same
2) Yes
3) Yes - agree they are average, but because they play too many people and have goofy subbing patterns
4) If the entire team is developing basketball skills and athleticism in the off-season, then YES. If most focus on other sports as a big chunk of their off-season, then NO

My guess is we only slightly disagree on #3. Philly will say I've over-rated the talent, which may be true.
Didn't ask you, but I'd venture to say:
-Schedule is top 5 toughest - Moe 2x, LS 2x, X 2x Prep and SVSM
-Roster is younger than most, lacks experience
-Reason for average probably differs though I'm with you there
-Probably similar

But hey 1 out of 4 ain't bad.

does elder have any more games left this season? cant tell? usually you click on the basketball forum and there is discussion about the upcoming game.

jtk
()

Yes. At LaSalle tonight. Should be a good game into the 2nd half. Elder has yet to prove they can beat a top-team on the road (maybe Beavercreek?) so I expect LaSalle to pull away.

Key for Elder is keeping Larkins out of foul trouble and on the floor. Having a presence inside who can get 10-12 points opens up the floor for the shooters (Harp, Cluxton, Keller). When Larkins is not in the game, teams only need to worry about the three-point shot.

Kiss my a**. You might not like what I have to say, but I’m not making stuff up. What have I said that’s wrong? That blaming Moeller for Elder’s issues is missing the point? That’s the truth. Just bc I’m not a homer doesn’t mean my posts don’t have credibility. You and the rest of the homers just get bent out of shape over any criticism, bc you need to stay in that bubble. Elder might be honorable in not “recruiting” but that has nothing to do with the fundamental mistakes they make every year. That’s not a talent issue, it’s a preparation issue. Stop making excuses.

I’m getting really sick of being lumped in with Trey just bc you might not agree with my posts. That’s the kind of echo chamber you’ve created, where there’s zero nuance bw legit criticism and attacks. Anyone who doesn’t just worship at the alter of the westside feeder system being the end all be all of Elder athletics has no credibility. I guess probability and statistics aren’t your greatest strength. Idiot.

Last edited:
Yes. At LaSalle tonight. Should be a good game into the 2nd half. Elder has yet to prove they can beat a top-team on the road (maybe Beavercreek?) so I expect LaSalle to pull away.

Key for Elder is keeping Larkins out of foul trouble and on the floor. Having a presence inside who can get 10-12 points opens up the floor for the shooters (Harp, Cluxton, Keller). When Larkins is not in the game, teams only need to worry about the three-point shot.
Larkins getting in foul trouble was huge last game. He’s been a lot better since that game staying on the court.

Larkins getting in foul trouble was huge last game. He’s been a lot better since that game staying on the court.
They, and especially Larkins, all need to realize playing tight defense 30 feet from the basket is not worth the risk. You're just begging for the ref to make the call against you. Often, even if they manage to get a steal, the ref calls a foul anyway.

Kiss my a**. You might not like what I have to say, but I’m not making stuff up. What have I said that’s wrong? That blaming Moeller for Elder’s issues is missing the point? That’s the truth. Just bc I’m not a homer doesn’t mean my posts don’t have credibility. You and the rest of the homers just get bent out of shape over any criticism, bc you need to stay in that bubble. Elder might be honorable in not “recruiting” but that has nothing to do with the fundamental mistakes they make every year. That’s not a talent issue, it’s a preparation issue. Stop making excuses.

I’m getting really sick of being lumped in with Trey just bc you might not agree with my posts. That’s the kind of echo chamber you’ve created, where there’s zero nuance bw legit criticism and attacks. Anyone who doesn’t just worship at the alter of the westside feeder system being the end all be all of Elder athletics has no credibility. I guess probability and statistics aren’t your greatest strength. Idiot.
Mad Bro? Lmao . Have you ever been to a Circus? All those clowns get out of the same car? Which one are you ? Red nose or horn clown ? You say it’s your opinion, so it may be ! However I’ll guess most all think you and your boy hang out like best of friends . Maybe multiple personalities? How does one get banned or kick off yappidoodle

Mad Bro? Lmao . Have you ever been to a Circus? All those clowns get out of the same car? Which one are you ? Red nose or horn clown ? You say it’s your opinion, so it may be ! However I’ll guess most all think you and your boy hang out like best of friends . Maybe multiple personalities? How does one get banned or kick off yappidoodle
Is there a short clown? My money is that’s pboy. Pretty sure he’s like 5’2 or there about.

Is there a short clown? My money is that’s pboy. Pretty sure he’s like 5’2 or there about.
5’9, but are you ever going to address your own hypocrisy? You like dragging me for stating facts, but you yourself have said worse things recently.

I have Trey ignored and that’s my point. I have an idea of what he says based on the responses, but I don’t know what he posts. And I’ll ask you again, point to what I’ve said that’s “controversial” bc you’re either incredibly sensitive or have me mixed up with him.

I have Trey ignored and that’s my point. I have an idea of what he says based on the responses, but I don’t know what he posts. And I’ll ask you again, point to what I’ve said that’s “controversial” bc you’re either incredibly sensitive or have me mixed up with him.
Trey lumps you in to his opinion often. Maybe you shouldn’t ignore him then wonder why people lump you guys together.

Status
Not open for further replies.