E 3 S 3
12 pinch run for 13
18 fc, 3 out 4-2, 22 to 3rd, 12 to 2nd
1 down
4 sac fly 7, 22 scores

Final:
S 4 E 3

Last edited:
That’s tough, but this team came together and played their off after their come to Jesus moment mid season. They should be proud of the run they made.

Looking at the remaining teams left in the Tournament, I believe we just lost to the favorite to win State in Akron. Congratulations to Elder. Very nice season !!

A few questions come to mind:

How many pitches had Sandhas thrown? Would the Warning Track fly out by Marr have been a HR at the PAC or most HS fields?

A few questions come to mind:

How many pitches had Sandhas thrown? Would the Warning Track fly out by Marr have been a HR at the PAC or most HS fields?

I'd have left Sandhas in for one more batter (lefty v lefty) but hard to ask for more.

The ball Marr hit to left could have gone out of UC, but the wind was steady and blowing in from left. Oh well.

At the bottom of the 6th, when Sandhas was going to face their 7-8-9 hitters, the Elder fan next to me had him at 92 pitches. He threw at least 7 and probably a few more that inning, say a total of 10-14, which put him at about 102-106 going into the 7th, maybe a couple more.

May 30 Regional Semi-Finals
Springboro 4, Elder 3

W-Fawley. L-Byrne. Leaders: S-D'Amico 2-4; Zier 2-2. E-Williams 2-2, 3B.

Records: E 21-10, S 25-6.

How close was the play at the plate on the sac fly that scored Springboro's first run? I wasn't there but heard it was pretty obvious the runner was out by a couple feet.

How close was the play at the plate on the sac fly that scored Springboro's first run? I wasn't there but heard it was pretty obvious the runner was out by a couple feet.

I was sitting in the second seat of the front row of the section of folding red seats just to the right of home plate (my stuff was in the first seat to my right on the aisle), looking straight down the third base line. He sure looked out to me, as well as to those seated all around me. Unfortunately, the ump saw it differently.

Ball beat the runner home and it was not close.

Can't comment if the tag was made until I see a video or photo. But he sure looked out.

Exactly, they represented Elder very well. The streak is over, I hope these young men don’t let that keep them from being proud of their season. They finished strong, sometimes it’s just not meant to be. Good job guys!

True! They had a valiant effort to get as far as they did. It's a bummer the streak has ended but these young men did not go down easy and put a fight until the end.

Best Cincinnati high school baseball team of all time. Agree or disagree?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...gh-school-baseball-teams-all-time/1527023001/

No. 9, Elder, 1973 Class AAA
The Panthers rode shutouts of 12-0 over Huber Heights Wayne in a regional semifinal and 1-0 over Princeton in the final to reach the state tournament, where they came up with another blanking, 5-0 over Struthers, to set up a state title matchup with Cleveland Glenville. They finally gave up a run, but first baseman Jerry Vogele drove in two and went 2-for-4 in a 7-1 win that capped a 24-1 season.

No. 8, Elder, 2005 Division I
Like their predecessors 22 years earlier, these Panthers pitched shutouts in three of their final four games. Charlie Leesman allowed three hits in a complete-game 6-0 win over Mentor in a semifinal before Matt Klausing matched him, allowing three hits in a complete-game 3-0 win over Toledo Start in the final.

Best Cincinnati high school baseball team of all time. Agree or disagree?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...gh-school-baseball-teams-all-time/1527023001/

No. 9, Elder, 1973 Class AAA

No. 8, Elder, 2005 Division I

I think it’s a bit ridiculous to compare teams across such a long time horizon. You wouldn’t compare the Army National Title teams of the 40s to the Bama teams of the modern era. The skill level is massive and competition was much smaller.

Anyway, 8 is too low for the ‘05 team. They lost 1 game all Yr, by 1 run to LS in a meaningless BITW tournament game. Plus, they beat a Moeller team that was also stacked and defending state champs.