Elam Ending

FlightCrew

Is this realistically going to happen ever in high school or college basketball or is this just something that’s good for summer tournaments?

It's actually a good mechanism to get games over with quickly; which is important to The Basketball Tournament and for summer league tournaments. But it's too gimmicky for HS basketball where you don't have a list of games lined up at one venue.

I don't think it would work as well without a shot clock. I can see teams thinking if they have a long possession, it will tire their opponents out playing defense. Or a team that is two points away from losing thinking if we never give the ball back, we can't lose the game.

I don't think it would work as well without a shot clock. I can see teams thinking if they have a long possession, it will tire their opponents out playing defense. Or a team that is two points away from losing thinking if we never give the ball back, we can't lose the game.
Maybe, but a lot of kids like to take that game winning shot. I don’t see too many good looks getting passed up.

I think it is great much more entertaining way to end game but will not becoming to HS. Would also be ok to change game to first to 75(?) wins but also know that is not coming. Think there maybe a small chance OT could be changed to the first team that scores X (8-10) points wins.

I think it is great much more entertaining way to end game but will not becoming to HS. Would also be ok to change game to first to 75(?) wins but also know that is not coming. Think there maybe a small chance OT could be changed to the first team that scores X (8-10) points wins.
What makes you think there is any chance of that (last sentence) being implemented?

What makes you think there is any chance of that (last sentence) being implemented?
First of I did say "maybe a small chance" ;). So clearly don't think it is much of a chance but the reason would be to prevent the 3+ OT games that can turn out to physical challenge for players.

I just wish the OHSAA would use the running clock rule for regular season. Some of the scores (particularly the girls games out of the Central District) were embarassing.

I just wish the OHSAA would use the running clock rule for regular season. Some of the scores (particularly the girls games out of the Central District) were embarassing.
The coaches want nothing to do with a mercy rule in the regular season. Proof of that is for decades, they have had the ability to shorten the length of periods (provided both coaches and the officials agree) during those blowouts..... however that option was/is rarely implemented.