Edwin Encarnacion

Former Cincinnati Red hit two homers yesterday and now has 350 career home runs!

In 5 seasons in Cincy, EE hit .262/ 71HR/ 263 RBI/ 364 strikeouts. Plus he couldn't play 3rd base and you have Joey Votto at first base since....so you're point?

I think the point is Edwin’s been pretty great since the Reds trades him. :shrug:

And Scooter Gennett's been pretty great since the Brewers cut him...

Adam Duvall was traded for about 2 months worth of Mike Leake...Duvall's been pretty great as a Red...

Not sure why 14red is throwing a hissy fit that someone noted that Edwin has become an elite power hitter since leaving the reds. :shrug:

I think the Reds knew they were trading away a potentially great power hitter in Edwin. And he has become that.

Edwin wasn't going to play 1B, he was balking at trying LF, and he was a moody kid. It was the right move at the time to trade him - and he lived up to his potential. It happens.

I think the Reds knew they were trading away a potentially great power hitter in Edwin. And he has become that.

Edwin wasn't going to play 1B, he was balking at trying LF, and he was a moody kid. It was the right move at the time to trade him - and he lived up to his potential. It happens.

I think EE would have been a worse left fielder than a 3rd baseman. He is a first baseman and DH, and preferably a DH.

looking through this thread, im trying to see who said they wanted EE to be a red still?

jtk
()

I was alive when Roberto played his last game with the Pirates. It was in 1972 and was game 5 and the deciding game of the Playoffs at Riverfront Stadium in October 1972. Johnny Bench homered in 9th to tie the game. I watched Roberto walk off the field as the Reds were celebrating a win as George Foster scored the winning run coming home from 3rd base on a wild pitch from Bob Moose. Have been a Pirate fan since 1965 when I was 10 years old and saw the Reds and Pirates play at Crosley Field. Roberto played that day also.

Favorite active player is Neil Walker and Pedro Alvarez.
My name Troyboy73 comes from graduating from Troy High School in 1973! I am old.