Edgewood Coach Resigns

wow, was this known or is this kind of out of the blue? who are leading candidates? what does this mean for FAVC scarlet?

Good job to have, they always have athletes. Just tough to win DI tourney games in SW ohio. I watched them play Lakota West in the sectionals, he seemed pretty disinterested.

Good job to have, they always have athletes. Just tough to win DI tourney games in SW ohio. I watched them play Lakota West in the sectionals, he seemed pretty disinterested.

he had little talent this year Seth Martin Was about the only returning contributor and the ranks dont seem to be getting any stronger with a non existent LL program in trenton it does not sustain a HS program

his resignation basically turns the favc into a two teams race between the rams and braves. we all know who gets my vote.

Baseball will always take a back seat to football at Edgewood it seems, same as basketball. As far as the youth program, it is the travel teams that contribute more to the varsity team then the LL Knothole players, I think. I would imagine there will be some established coaches have an interest in this program but being d-1 in the Cincy bracket is a tough obstacle to overcome.

There are some talented returning players in Elder, Leichman, and a few sophmores

Dan Roberts was a pretty good coach from what I understand. Won a state title at Purcell.

Dan Roberts was a pretty good coach from what I understand. Won a state title at Purcell.

I heard that as well. I have not seen him in action much as mine is only 11, but had friends that their sons played for him and of course they were not that happy. Might have been their son wasn't playing short and batting 4th either. Is he done or just moved on to a better place at this point?

Coaches never make many parents happy. If you're getting playing time it is not at the right position. If no playing time, obviously theirs is better than the kid playing. Just a tough position at all times. Even the great ones have their share of detractors. No finer guy around than Coach Cameron, the retired coach at Moe and I heard fathers badmouth him. Go figure.

Coaches never make many parents happy. If you're getting playing time it is not at the right position. If no playing time, obviously theirs is better than the kid playing. Just a tough position at all times. Even the great ones have their share of detractors. No finer guy around than Coach Cameron, the retired coach at Moe and I heard fathers badmouth him. Go figure.

Are you kidding me, parent's complaining and about him nonetheless?
Say it ain't so! I am a parent for one that keeps to myself and let my son enjoy the game, he is just above avg, but I guess that may be just me.
Coach does seem to like him, but it is his first stint with an organization.
So too early to tell.

For Edge or NW? If NW who does the catcher play summer ball for? That usually tells how good they are.

His name in Cory Cook, and he may not look like a athlete, but hes a stud.

He plays for the 16U OHIO Heat and hes a solid all around ballplayer, but at times he tries a little to hard on the base paths and runs into issues on the bases but besides that hes a solid key to the NW team

His name in Cory Cook, and he may not look like a athlete, but hes a stud.

He plays for the 16U OHIO Heat and hes a solid all around ballplayer, but at times he tries a little to hard on the base paths and runs into issues on the bases but besides that hes a solid key to the NW team

I probably saw him at a game I went to on Thursday. It was by my work in KY as they played a rematch oif sorts with the Bulldogs. I got there in the second inning as it was 0-0, then Heat pounded the ball and won 13-0.
He thru a kid out and was really good behind the plate. Nice!

I probably saw him at a game I went to on Thursday. It was by my work in KY as they played a rematch oif sorts with the Bulldogs. I got there in the second inning as it was 0-0, then Heat pounded the ball and won 13-0.
He thru a kid out and was really good behind the plate. Nice!

Yes he's a very solid backstop one of my favorite catchers to throw with

He knows how to call a solid game and never have to worry about that single turning into a double on the SB