ECC Eastern Cincinnati Conference 22-23

Mussari has been apart of the hoops program since he was in 7th grade and Kocher has played as well
I knew Mussari had been there the last couple years. Looking through box scores from the last couple years, it looks to me like Kocher is new to varsity, unless he just never got on the court. I thought Holubetz and Wyk were also new, but it does look like they played last year. Anyway, I was just startled to look at the box score the other day and see pretty much every name that appears in the football box scores for the offense (with apologies to Jake Cameron.)

I knew Mussari had been there the last couple years. Looking through box scores from the last couple years, it looks to me like Kocher is new to varsity, unless he just never got on the court. I thought Holubetz and Wyk were also new, but it does look like they played last year. Anyway, I was just startled to look at the box score the other day and see pretty much every name that appears in the football box scores for the offense (with apologies to Jake Cameron.)
Yeah Will may not have played last year but he was apart of the JV team the year prior love that those guys played multiple sports together and have a real chemistry together

Did Talon Noyes start at Moeller? I see him in the Kings box scores?
I don’t know, but he’s freaking good! He didn’t start Friday, but when he came into the game, the whole dynamic changed. All the sudden the ball was flying up and down the court. He plays fast! I didn’t see last night’s game but he had 22. Pretty amazing to read all the time on this site about how all the private schools are poaching all the good talent from the public schools and then finding out in my district, it’s going the opposite way. 😂

kings appears to be very good...anderson same...turpin undefeated...west clermont is awful.

everyone else.....????

Walnut Hills has two guards and a big man who look awesome, but need some urgency on defense. I’d say they’re going to struggle to repeat as champs.

Walnut Hills has two guards and a big man who look awesome, but need some urgency on defense. I’d say they’re going to struggle to repeat as champs.
Yeah they are going to struggle to repeat had two starters missing this weekend but I think they struggle with depth hopefully for their sake they can pick it up but I'm thinking Anderson is the favorite right now

I don’t know, but he’s freaking good! He didn’t start Friday, but when he came into the game, the whole dynamic changed. All the sudden the ball was flying up and down the court. He plays fast! I didn’t see last night’s game but he had 22. Pretty amazing to read all the time on this site about how all the private schools are poaching all the good talent from the public schools and then finding out in my district, it’s going the opposite way. 😂
Yes he is exciting A lot of kids leaving Moeller recently and I think it may continue to happen.

Did Talon Noyes start at Moeller? I see him in the Kings box scores
What's going on at Big Moe? King Carl losing his touch?
He is still getting really good kids that come in as frosh. His style of play is so boring that I think some kids just reject it and go have fun at their local school. Others aren't good enough and transfer out once seeing the writing on the wall.

Did Talon Noyes start at Moeller? I see him in the Kings box scores

He is still getting really good kids that come in as frosh. His style of play is so boring that I think some kids just reject it and go have fun at their local school. Others aren't good enough and transfer out once seeing the writing on the wall.
Kind of odd but the Moeller Freshman Team plays a very modern and exciting style from 2 Games of theirs that I have seen. Looks like the ECC still has some talent and should be an interesting run for the League Title.

Not a basketball guy but I’ll have to come out and watch Kings sometime with so many football guys playing. Probably go to the Mason and Lebanon games.

Not a basketball guy but I’ll have to come out and watch Kings sometime with so many football guys playing. Probably go to the Mason and Lebanon games.
I attended the Walnut Hills game, and the starting lineup was Jay Holubetz, Mussari, Wik, Lyman and Kocher, all wearing their football numbers except for Lyman. Plus, Kato coming off the bench. Mussari is definitely the captain of the ship. Kocher is more of an energy/enforcer guy, duking it out with bigger guys at center. Wik had a thrilling breakaway dunk. So fun to see them still doing their thing.

I went to Kings/Loveland tonight. Kings was playing without Talan Noyes and Tommy Clark who have probably been two of their three best players. They were not on the bench, not sure why.

Loveland looked real good early. They were significantly bigger at at least four positions, and pretty skilled throughout. #10 stood out in in the first half and 33 in the second. They were up like 9 or 11 to 2 with about 30 seconds to go in the first quarter. By about a minute into the second quarter, it was tied, and Kings pretty much controlled it from there. Strong showing for a team missing key guys. Mussari controlled things well, and Myles Baker got his first start and played well. Kato had a couple of huge fourth quarter three’s. I think Kings is going to be real tough to beat. As was said earlier, they are deep.

I went to Kings/Loveland tonight. Kings was playing without Talan Noyes and Tommy Clark who have probably been two of their three best players. They were not on the bench, not sure why.
Agree and wondered that as well. I think they were down a coach as well. Perhaps they were just sick. 🤔
Good win without those 2 players. Definitely have depth.

WW beats Turpin
Lebanon beats LM
The ECC is one of the more exciting conferences this year because you just don't know with each matchup how the game will go

West Clermont is so bad. It's terrible what Tom Jutze did to that program in 2 years.
Jutze is a good coach. He walked into a program that lacked upperclassmen and developed a strong sophomore and freshman class in his 2 years. He had a nice foundation and had the rug pulled out from under him. The AD at West Clermont is the problem - just look at the football program. Many kids left or didn’t have interest in playing after Jutze was inexplicably let go.

Jutze is a good coach. He walked into a program that lacked upperclassmen and developed a strong sophomore and freshman class in his 2 years. He had a nice foundation and had the rug pulled out from under him. The AD at West Clermont is the problem - just look at the football program. Many kids left or didn’t have interest in playing after Jutze was inexplicably let go.
Jutze is a clown and a horrible coach. He ran off all of his players and set the program back at least 5 years. His first year, he had a team full of seniors and lost to the likes of Western Brown. They almost got shut out for a half against Mason. Her was on over his head. They did not pull the rug out from under him. That was a mercy killing. All of the development in the lower classes was done by Burdock.

Wow! I did not see the score posted. Wonder what WW held Hardewig to, in the points column.
I was watching the Winton Woods/Kings game on youtube last night. I think Winton Woods is going to figure into the race before it's said and done. They were right there with Kings the whole way, and overall looked like they probably had the talent advantage. It was tied with about 2 1/2 minutes to go, and a couple things went Kings' way, and it snowballed into a 14 point win somehow. But that score does not represent what 90% of the game was like. Bostic is awesome, he's really crafty with angles and change of direction going to the basket. I think he's the best player I've seen this year. (Have not seen the Turpin kid.) I'm kind of sad Jermaine Matthews isn't playing. The two of them together would be dominant, and I'd love to see Matthews and Mussari go at it some more.

Was impressed with the freshman from Lebanon, Anthony Thompson. Lefty that can handle , shoot and rebound. Tons of upside with this kid and Lebanon as a whole. They only played 2 seniors and have a good young coach. The Lebanon backcourt was better than Little Miami. I would like to see the Panthers run some offense. Not just shoot 3's and look for the fast break, even when you don't have #'s. The scouting report to beat LM is slow the game down, make them play half court. Panthers with a tough draw tomorrow, home against undefeated Anderson.

Jutze is a clown and a horrible coach. He ran off all of his players and set the program back at least 5 years. His first year, he had a team full of seniors and lost to the likes of Western Brown. They almost got shut out for a half against Mason. Her was on over his head. They did not pull the rug out from under him. That was a mercy killing. All of the development in the lower classes was done by Burdock.
The clown is the AD. He has no idea how to hire and retain good coaches. Players like Sanders and Henry Jr. transfer out because of him and the incompetent coaches he hires. It’s incredible to believe the WC administration chose him over Simmons. It’s even more appalling they keep that clown around now. I’ve never heard a positive comment about the guy from anyone associated with the school. Even the assistant AD last year had to get out of there. A school that size with those facilities should produce much better teams.

Outside of 1-2 players that senior class was bad. Half of those seniors never played varsity basketball as juniors and the other half was on the team but didn’t get much varsity time or contribute. Jutze actually developed a couple of those guys into good ball players. He was forced to keep all of the seniors because the sophomore and junior class under them was terrible and lacked numbers. Jutze had built the start of a strong program with the freshman and JV teams last year. Now all those kids are gone, not playing, or not being developed this year.

Last edited: