Lebanon
Little Miami
Loveland
Milford
Turpin
Walnut Hills
West Clermont
Winton Woods

going off of what is posted on the ecc website. and in order of league finish last year: walnut was league champ last year but lost a ton due to graduation and transfer....and a coaching change as well. turpin has hardweig back.....loveland returns most from last year....winton woods roster shows no jermaine matthews but a transfer in from walnut and lots of size....no rosters posted for anderson and kings but looks like they will have a lot back from last year.....lebanon looks to be a little down based on roster.....milford should have lots back from alst year and has a new coach....wc has a new coach....little miami has almost everyone back.

looks to be a very competitive league....any and all thoughts?

Last edited:

Is there a clear favorite to win the conference? Seems like it's up for grabs, and a lot of teams could compete for it.

Anderson adding C. Starks will help them immensely. They will have some size in the paint. Will they have the guard play to win the conference? West Clermont losing Sanders to transfer will hurt them, as well as C. Henry Jr. leaving. The addition of Bostic to WW will definitely help WW.

Anderson adding C. Starks will help them immensely. They will have some size in the paint. Will they have the guard play to win the conference? West Clermont losing Sanders to transfer will hurt them, as well as C. Henry Jr. leaving. The addition of Bostic to WW will definitely help WW.
where did sanders and henry go.....thought those two would make a good core for wc

Could Little Miami be a sleeper team this year? Back to back wins the past 2 days with wins over Edgewood and Middletown, that almost matches their win total from last year already

Could Little Miami be a sleeper team this year? Back to back wins the past 2 days with wins over Edgewood and Middletown, that almost matches their win total from last year already
I expect them to make a significant step forward this year under Lawhon. Not necessarily a league title step, but double digit wins. Be interested to see how they do this Friday vs Milford.

I expect them to make a significant step forward this year under Lawhon. Not necessarily a league title step, but double digit wins. Be interested to see how they do this Friday vs Milford.
LM has improved this year. The team that intrigues me is WW with Walnut transfer Javion Bostic running the show and a decent amount of young talent.

Last edited:
LM has improved this year. The team that intrigues me is WW with Walnut transfer Javion Bostic running the show and a decent amount young talent.
I was waiting for the Walnut roster, still not up. Nice addition for WW. Anderson added Starks and was hoping to see them play Elder, but game PPD.

I think Javion will give Brady a run for his money in conference player of the year been hearing that he played in a couple scrimmages and was just better than everyone don't think WW will be ready to take that next step with Jermaine not there it will be just subbing Javion for Jermaine don't see them taking a leap.
Walnut is Walnut until proven other wise the ECC runs through them they've got some shooting and look for some of last years team to look like new players under Coach Holt they did split in their scrimmage with Fairfield and took it to Springboro as well
Anderson with Chandler and Trace who came from Turpin will be in the mix
Kings will be interesting as they have some young talent
LM of course is a story thus far with their 2-0 start hopefully they can continue to put wins together
Lebanon started with an early defeat I don't see them being very competitive in a pretty good conference this year
Turpin is the biggest question mark besides Brady I don't see much depth for them I could be wrong
As of right now Loveland may be the favorite they return a lot from a team that was 3rd in the conference and started off the season with an impressive win against Aiken
Haven't heard much about Milford and expect WC to be at the bottom
LM has improved this year. The team that intrigues me is WW with Walnut transfer Javion Bostic running the show and a decent amount of young talent.
I was waiting for the Walnut roster, still not up. Nice addition for WW. Anderson added Starks and was hoping to see them play Elder, but game PPD.

I think Javion will give Brady a run for his money in conference player of the year been hearing that he played in a couple scrimmages and was just better than everyone don't think WW will be ready to take that next step with Jermaine not there it will be just subbing Javion for Jermaine don't see them taking a leap.
Walnut is Walnut until proven other wise the ECC runs through them they've got some shooting and look for some of last years team to look like new players under Coach Holt they did split in their scrimmage with Fairfield and took it to Springboro as well
LM of course is a story thus far with their 2-0 start hopefully they can continue to put wins together
Lebanon started with an early defeat I don't see them being very competitive in a pretty good conference this year
Turpin is the biggest question mark besides Brady I don't see much depth for them I could be wrong
As of right now Loveland may be the favorite they return a lot from a team that was 3rd in the conference and started off the season with an impressive win against Aiken
good write up......to me the bottom teams are wc and lebanon.....loveland anderson milford little miami top tier and ww, walnut kings turpin in the middle somewhere.

lot of talent and size in this league this year.....should be a fun one

good write up......to me the bottom teams are wc and lebanon.....loveland anderson milford little miami top tier and ww, walnut kings turpin in the middle somewhere.

lot of talent and size in this league this year.....should be a fun one
I think Loveland Anderson Walnut with Turpin possibly being in the top tier because I just cannot count out Brady and that coaching staff has done a really good job over the years. I'm not sure I'm sold on LM yet to put them there and Milford I haven't seen this year to judge them but they started off with Goshen and barely won so I'm not going to give them too much credit for that win yet. From what I seen of Walnut against Fairfield they have some really good shooters and defensively they are going to be a tough team to score on.

Walnut Hills Lost 2-3 Players and the Coach and you think the ECC still runs through them?

Walnut Hills Lost 2-3 Players and the Coach and you think the ECC still runs through them?
They are still the defending champs they have a solid group of returning guys and what I seen in their scrimmages against Fairfield and milldetown they will be a tough team to beat. Watched them against Anderson today and I believe Anderson will win the conference walnut was in the Game until the end some questionable refereeing and and just missing some shots they make the game is closer than the end scoreboard says. Don’t be shocked when they are in the top of 3 or 4 in the standings come February

Last edited:
Takeaways from yesterday is Anderson's size is going to cause a lot of problems in the conference.
I knew Turpin could have potential to be an issue but I don't think anyone outside of them had them 3-0 through their first 3 games

I just looked at the Kings box score from the other night against WC. It looks like the football team decided to try to keep their State Semifinal ride going on the basketball court, as almost the whole offense is on the basketball team. This includes several seniors who I don't believe have played HS basketball before, including All-State quarterback, Will Kocher. He came off the bench and grabbed ten rebounds the other night. Should be an interesting wrinkle, and raise the overall level of the athletes on the team significantly. They're playing WH tonight. Should be more of a measuring stick than WC.

Mussari has been apart of the hoops program since he was in 7th grade and Kocher has played as well
I just looked at the Kings box score from the other night against WC. It looks like the football team decided to try to keep their State Semifinal ride going on the basketball court, as almost the whole offense is on the basketball team. This includes several seniors who I don't believe have played HS basketball before, including All-State quarterback, Will Kocher. He came off the bench and grabbed ten rebounds the other night. Should be an interesting wrinkle, and raise the overall level of the athletes on the team significantly. They're playing WH tonight. Should be more of a measuring stick than WC.

think tonight will be very telling....loveland-anderson...walnut-kings...lm-turpin all big matchups
I think we have to wait a week or two to better tell lol. How teams matchup may dictate who wins the conference. Loveland is really good but played in a close one with Lebanon who Walnut beat pretty decisively but Walnut then falls to Anderson who plays Loveland tonight so it will be a fun year for sure in the ECC