ECC (Eastern Cincinnati Conference) 2019-2020

Anderson shuts down the Kings surge.

Turpin by Milford squeaks by Milford

Loveland put up a good fight but WC is just too talented.
Did West Clermont really attempt 46 free throws at Loveland? I know WC always tries to get everything going to the basket, but that is a bunch of fouls for a 32 minute game. Loveland must have come out determined to not be out toughed by WC. Weird stat line WC only attempted 28 field goals, and still put up 61. They have Turpin at home in 10 days. Is Mazzaro gonna' end his career with another league championship?

Did West Clermont really attempt 46 free throws at Loveland? I know WC always tries to get everything going to the basket, but that is a bunch of fouls for a 32 minute game. Loveland must have come out determined to not be out toughed by WC. Weird stat line WC only attempted 28 field goals, and still put up 61. They have Turpin at home in 10 days. Is Mazzaro gonna' end his career with another league championship?
46 is probably accurate. Loveland played very physical and then started fouling to get back in the game fairly early.

Turpin squeaks by Milford. WC gets FT work in win over the Tigers. The Skins continue to show grit in beating Kings and Lebanon on Saturday. Turpin certainly isn't playing great right now. The WC rematch should be a good one.

Disappointed in Kings and Milford, both were on the road and close but thought each would win.
Power: = The Standings.

Back to league games on Friday. Starting the 2nd round of league play.

West Clermont
Turpin
Anderson
Kings

Should all win at home.

On a side note, West Clermont JV has won 4 straight. 3 of 4 have come on buzzer beater threes from the corner. They will probably lose on Friday but if they're within 3 at buzzer, someone better guard the corners.

Turpin has been struggling against lesser opponents lately, but I think they are the more talented team and will rise to the occasion tonight. Turpin by 8.

Yeah. Ugly super physical game.
Ugly is very accurate. Pretty sure that was WC game plan coming in because they do not have the offensive talent to get their own quality shot besides the big kid who hardly ever gets to touch the ball (totally blame coaching there) in their half court offense. He's a 6'11 D1 kid and he gets the first bucket for WC by lowering his shoulder and plowing his defender over then gets 2 pts the rest of the game. WC's guard #4 I was embarrassed for him initially because he obviously knew coming in he had a decided quickness disadvantage to his defender and just tried to use every part of his body to ram into him trying to get any separation he could. Shortly tho it became just seemingly dirty! To play physical is one thing but when it seems to cross the line then it's just dirty. But hey I guess if your team can only put up 28pts and 24pts on a team then maybe I would try and turn it into a football game also. Turpin has definitely lost a bit of its mojo since covcath but as the grind of the season takes hold its just win baby. Seems like they are having an identity crisis going on. Strong guard play and expectations taking a bit of a hit lately and up and down inside play has them scrambling to find offensive consistency. Think maybe it's a combination of playing to the competition level and getting everyone's best shot. WC for chrissakes take advantage of your best player. How he doesn't get 16 a night beyond me!