ECC (Eastern Cincinnati Conference) 2019-2020

Ugly is very accurate. Pretty sure that was WC game plan coming in because they do not have the offensive talent to get their own quality shot besides the big kid who hardly ever gets to touch the ball (totally blame coaching there) in their half court offense. He's a 6'11 D1 kid and he gets the first bucket for WC by lowering his shoulder and plowing his defender over then gets 2 pts the rest of the game. WC's guard #4 I was embarrassed for him initially because he obviously knew coming in he had a decided quickness disadvantage to his defender and just tried to use every part of his body to ram into him trying to get any separation he could. Shortly tho it became just seemingly dirty! To play physical is one thing but when it seems to cross the line then it's just dirty. But hey I guess if your team can only put up 28pts and 24pts on a team then maybe I would try and turn it into a football game also. Turpin has definitely lost a bit of its mojo since covcath but as the grind of the season takes hold its just win baby. Seems like they are having an identity crisis going on. Strong guard play and expectations taking a bit of a hit lately and up and down inside play has them scrambling to find offensive consistency. Think maybe it's a combination of playing to the competition level and getting everyone's best shot. WC for chrissakes take advantage of your best player. How he doesn't get 16 a night beyond me!
Yeah in the two games this year, #4 from Turpin did a great job frustrating #4 from WC. The young man from Turpin has been fortunate that both times that they had officials that let him get away with holding, grabbing, bumping, and just generally annoying the young man from WC.
When #4 from WC is not scoring, it shuts down their whole offense.

Yeah in the two games this year, #4 from Turpin did a great job frustrating #4 from WC. The young man from Turpin has been fortunate that both times that they had officials that let him get away with holding, grabbing, bumping, and just generally annoying the young man from WC.
When #4 from WC is not scoring, it shuts down their whole offense.
Kind of curious why you think he needed to “hold, grab or bump” when it was obvious WC #4 had no chance of getting downhill on his defender because of an obvious quickness advantage. Clearly Turpin defender no fear about it by his willingness to get up in #4’s jersey when he had the ball, hence 4 just trying comically to go thru him from the 3pt line to the basket. And you say two completely different refereeing crews let Turpin player hold bump and grab? Cmon now I agree WC player frustrated but only because he was being locked down and didn’t have enough skill or athleticism to overcome it. There was a lot of frustration all about that game. Players, coaches and fans. Refereeing bad too. But that being said effort and desire there for both teams.

Ugly is very accurate. Pretty sure that was WC game plan coming in because they do not have the offensive talent to get their own quality shot besides the big kid who hardly ever gets to touch the ball (totally blame coaching there) in their half court offense. He's a 6'11 D1 kid and he gets the first bucket for WC by lowering his shoulder and plowing his defender over then gets 2 pts the rest of the game. WC's guard #4 I was embarrassed for him initially because he obviously knew coming in he had a decided quickness disadvantage to his defender and just tried to use every part of his body to ram into him trying to get any separation he could. Shortly tho it became just seemingly dirty! To play physical is one thing but when it seems to cross the line then it's just dirty. But hey I guess if your team can only put up 28pts and 24pts on a team then maybe I would try and turn it into a football game also. Turpin has definitely lost a bit of its mojo since covcath but as the grind of the season takes hold its just win baby. Seems like they are having an identity crisis going on. Strong guard play and expectations taking a bit of a hit lately and up and down inside play has them scrambling to find offensive consistency. Think maybe it's a combination of playing to the competition level and getting everyone's best shot. WC for chrissakes take advantage of your best player. How he doesn't get 16 a night beyond me!
There was bad coaching last night, but it wasn't the WC guy doing it. Turpin was by far quicker, faster, deeper, and more skilled than WC at 4 of the 5 spots. If they keep playing last night, they win by 25 going away. They start running possesion three minutes into the second quarter and absolutely let WC stay close. Turpin only scored 2 field goals in the 2nd half, and they only attempted a hand full. WC got the ball with 9 seconds to go with a chance to win or tie. Of course they immediately turned it over, but it should have never come down to that. The guy at WC ain't got nobody that can score the ball, the guy at Turpin has got shooters everywhere and he won't let them shoot....

Kind of curious why you think he needed to “hold, grab or bump” when it was obvious WC #4 had no chance of getting downhill on his defender because of an obvious quickness advantage. Clearly Turpin defender no fear about it by his willingness to get up in #4’s jersey when he had the ball, hence 4 just trying comically to go thru him from the 3pt line to the basket. And you say two completely different refereeing crews let Turpin player hold bump and grab? Cmon now I agree WC player frustrated but only because he was being locked down and didn’t have enough skill or athleticism to overcome it. There was a lot of frustration all about that game. Players, coaches and fans. Refereeing bad too. But that being said effort and desire there for both teams.

I think that because I watched the games. The Turpin player is a dirty player. You can't really blame him, he's just doing what the lousy officiating in this conference allows him to do. I know for the average fan that doesn't really know the game, watching off the ball action is not important but watch the off the ball action. The Turpin player had a handful of jersey all throughout both games.

As for the stuff in your first post, I agree wholeheartedly about the coaching issues and getting the ball to the big man.

There was bad coaching last night, but it wasn't the WC guy doing it. Turpin was by far quicker, faster, deeper, and more skilled than WC at 4 of the 5 spots. If they keep playing last night, they win by 25 going away. They start running possesion three minutes into the second quarter and absolutely let WC stay close. Turpin only scored 2 field goals in the 2nd half, and they only attempted a hand full. WC got the ball with 9 seconds to go with a chance to win or tie. Of course they immediately turned it over, but it should have never come down to that. The guy at WC ain't got nobody that can score the ball, the guy at Turpin has got shooters everywhere and he won't let them shoot....
I agree with this. If I had shooters like that, I would be so happy to see a team go into a zone. When WC went to the zone, Turpin competely froze.

Is the Turpin coach feeling pressure and tightening the reigns? They have multiple players who can score. 27 points and holding the ball??

Very disappointed that Anderson failed to win by 50. With the Turpin game coming up maybe we'll get a 19-17 score?

You know I’m gonna double back a little bit here. I agree with you about turpin’s coaching being not good either. Whether or not it was bad enough to keep them winning by 25 going away probably open for debate. Also agree Turpin stronger at 3 out of 5 positions with one being a push. My issue with WC coach was so many times wing players had the ball and they had a clear view of their big mans numbers on his jersey but would still not deliver him the ball. Granted if I were him I would have been more demanding of my teammates. But still think coach should have made it happen. Agree zone threw Turpin into complete funk but unable to play inside out because of WC big mans presence. As far as Turpin #4 being a dirty player averages less than 2 fouls a game covering opponents best scoring perimeter player consistently and look see what they score against him. Look at leading scorers lack of success against him. WC #4 struggled against st. X athleticism also. But probably holding grabbing and bumping him too. ?

Is the Turpin coach feeling pressure and tightening the reigns? They have multiple players who can score. 27 points and holding the ball??
Perhaps.... I do think the Turpin coach mismanaged that game last night. It seems like more and more of these guys are over coaching their teams these days. I advocate for a shot clock. I didn't drive over here to watch the kids pass the ball around the perimeter for 3 minutes, then throw it out of bounds.

Perhaps.... I do think the Turpin coach mismanaged that game last night. It seems like more and more of these guys are over coaching their teams these days. I advocate for a shot clock. I didn't drive over here to watch the kids pass the ball around the perimeter for 3 minutes, then throw it out of bounds.
Totally agree on shot clock. Also it’s 3pt’ers or layups only anymore and WC big man made turpins layups non existent or dramatically changed the degree of difficulty on them! You know as far as Turpin’s shooters go the big gun for them is mid 30’s overall and in 20’s 3pt field goal % for the season. I know that wasn’t expected. Wondering if he’s pressing or in his own head making him hesitant to pull the trigger. Hard to get momentum going when your most volume shooter not making shots. And now maybe reluctant to shoot as much? Also quick question. Does anyone know why WC kid who scored 20 something in JV game including a couple big 3’s late is not playing varsity considering extreme lack of depth on WC bench? Was last night a fluke? Just curious.

Totally agree on shot clock. Also it’s 3pt’ers or layups only anymore and WC big man made turpins layups non existent or dramatically changed the degree of difficulty on them! You know as far as Turpin’s shooters go the big gun for them is mid 30’s overall and in 20’s 3pt field goal % for the season. I know that wasn’t expected. Wondering if he’s pressing or in his own head making him hesitant to pull the trigger. Hard to get momentum going when your most volume shooter not making shots. And now maybe reluctant to shoot as much? Also quick question. Does anyone know why WC kid who scored 20 something in JV game including a couple big 3’s late is not playing varsity considering extreme lack of depth on WC bench? Was last night a fluke? Just curious.
Coltfan will have to help you with that one, don't know much about the JV's.....With Turpin's skill, quickness, and athleticism I just felt like they would have been much better served to let it rip. While there may be times when they need to shorten the game, last night wasn't one of them. IMO

Very disappointed that Anderson failed to win by 50. With the Turpin game coming up maybe we'll get a 19-17 score?

Anderson came out smoking from the field and jumped out to a 22-6 lead after the first 5 minutes. However after a few defensive adjustments Walnut held them to 16 the rest of the way. Walnut is a weird team to get a feel for. Their guard play has been really bad this year, as their top 2 PG's haven't played much due to injury and illness. They tried their 4th option last night and he actually got them in their offense pretty good, while scoring 20 or so.

Fluke would be a good word. Also, he can't guard a chair.

I think that because I watched the games. The Turpin player is a dirty player. You can't really blame him, he's just doing what the lousy officiating in this conference allows him to do. I know for the average fan that doesn't really know the game, watching off the ball action is not important but watch the off the ball action. The Turpin player had a handful of jersey all throughout both games.

As for the stuff in your first post, I agree wholeheartedly about the coaching issues and getting the ball to the big man.

Full disclosure… I’m a Turpin fan, so I’ve seen #4 play a lot. There’s a big difference between a dirty player and a lock down defender. #4 is certainly the latter. RUTrippin is spot on… Check the stats of every leading scorer Turpin has faced this year, (or even 2019) and you’ll find he had a sub-par scoring game when going up against #4. “Holding and grabbing” have zero to do with it… #4 averages under two fouls a game. You can’t tell me that the officiating is consistently that poor IN FAVOR of a “dirty player.” Ask any ref and he’ll tell you exactly who the dirty players are…they know…and they don’t give dirty players the benefit of the doubt…quite the opposite. No opinions here, just facts. Whether it be one-on-one or the entire team, there should be no shame in losing to better talent.

Full disclosure… I’m a Turpin fan, so I’ve seen #4 play a lot. There’s a big difference between a dirty player and a lock down defender. #4 is certainly the latter. RUTrippin is spot on… Check the stats of every leading scorer Turpin has faced this year, (or even 2019) and you’ll find he had a sub-par scoring game when going up against #4. “Holding and grabbing” have zero to do with it… #4 averages under two fouls a game. You can’t tell me that the officiating is consistently that poor IN FAVOR of a “dirty player.” Ask any ref and he’ll tell you exactly who the dirty players are…they know…and they don’t give dirty players the benefit of the doubt…quite the opposite. No opinions here, just facts. Whether it be one-on-one or the entire team, there should be no shame in losing to better talent.
Agree 100%.....#4 Turpin is a shutdown defender both on the ball and then denying. He may hand check a little, but it's only a foul if the ref says it's a foul.

You could take an NBA officiating crew and they will look terrible if they're working the kind of game that was played last night. WC shot 21% from the field with Turpin not being much better. The better the game/players the better the officiating looks. WC has some serious issues scoring the ball and it will cost them in the 1st or 2nd round of the tourney.

He is a great in the ball defender. He is dirty off the ball. Just because he's smart enough to get away with it didn't mean it's clean.

He is a great in the ball defender. He is dirty off the ball. Just because he's smart enough to get away with it didn't mean it's clean.
Your mind is made up and I’m not going to change it. But, if you’re going to publicly call out a kid for being dirty, you should at least do your homework first. You know…check some stats...watch more than two games…ask someone who knows the kid…have some legit evidence of actual dirty play, etc. But you didn’t do any of those things…Which speaks to your credibility, (although we average fans are very impressed with your ability to watch “off the ball action.”) Holding and grabbing (if the kid is even guilty of that) does not qualify as dirty. Sometimes the other guy/team is just better.

Your mind is made up and I’m not going to change it. But, if you’re going to publicly call out a kid for being dirty, you should at least do your homework first. You know…check some stats...watch more than two games…ask someone who knows the kid…have some legit evidence of actual dirty play, etc. But you didn’t do any of those things…Which speaks to your credibility, (although we average fans are very impressed with your ability to watch “off the ball action.”) Holding and grabbing (if the kid is even guilty of that) does not qualify as dirty. Sometimes the other guy/team is just better.
Sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings but I do have actual evidence of dirty play. I watched it happen. I do like how you keep moving the goal posts. You went from "he didn't grab/hold" to "he didn't get called for fouls" to "grabbing and holding isn't dirty anyway." I didn't say he was a bad kid or a bad person. In fact I commend him for being smart enough to get away with it.

Sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings but I do have actual evidence of dirty play. I watched it happen. I do like how you keep moving the goal posts. You went from "he didn't grab/hold" to "he didn't get called for fouls" to "grabbing and holding isn't dirty anyway." I didn't say he was a bad kid or a bad person. In fact I commend him for being smart enough to get away with it.
No hurt feelings and no moved goal posts... I think you misread who posted what.

Hoping the fans get some excitement in the ECC tonight and players take the extreme measure to shoot the ball.
WC by 9, Kings by 6, despite the Tigers hot streak, Turpin by 6, (maintenance has installed Peach baskets) and Walnut by 9, might be only game with collective score above 85.

Hoping the fans get some excitement in the ECC tonight and players take the extreme measure to shoot the ball.
WC by 9, Kings by 6, despite the Tigers hot streak, Turpin by 6, (maintenance has installed Peach baskets) and Walnut by 9, might be only game with collective score above 85.
Lots of excitement and a great atmosphere in Milford tonight. Even more unexpected, there was offense.
West Clermont 51
Milford 45