Marlington at WB
Salem at WB
WB hosting

Salem 2nd behind Louisville
Marlington 3/4 with Norton
WB and Alliance 6-10

Minerva at Claymont - Second behind Indian Valley

Carrollton at Steubenville - 1/2/3 with West Holmes + Beaver Local

I do actually and I was 3 x qualifier 2 time placer. And personally know four kids that quit do to coaching. When kids do not know how to do a stand up on bottom and gas after first period there's an issue!
I’m confused by the intentions of this user. This is a friendly thread about ebc wrestling and this person goes out of their way to diss the wb program which we all know is struggling. But he also bring a up his past success(not coaching experience) and claims he knows kids who have quit. I would like to know these kids who have quit if they are even real lol. But let’s stop the drama on this and root on the ebc in the postseason

I’m confused by the intentions of this user. This is a friendly thread about ebc wrestling and this person goes out of their way to diss the wb program which we all know is struggling. But he also bring a up his past success(not coaching experience) and claims he knows kids who have quit. I would like to know these kids who have quit if they are even real lol. But let’s stop the drama on this and root on the ebc in the postseason
I do know for sure the roster this year for West Branch is thinner than it has been in years past

Sectional Proj

Alliance at WB
Marlington at WB
Salem at WB
WB hosting

WB and Alliance 6-10

The WB sectional is really weak, we should see lots of EBC wrestlers at Districts

I do actually and I was 3 x qualifier 2 time placer. And personally know four kids that quit do to coaching. When kids do not know how to do a stand up on bottom and gas after first period there's an issue!
Well if Im the only one smart enough to read your posts you obviously dislike West Branch all together Football and wrestling. But one thing is for sure your a liar. Theres NOONE on the 94 football team ( which you claim you were on) that was a 2x placer let alone 3x qualifier. So before your get tipsy & get on here make sure you don’t look stupid by lying. Also your previously stated you were a state champ which has since been deleted. Cmon Red

I believe you. I was also a 3x qualifier, and a 2 time placer, and dated Paris Hilton while I was running for Governor of Texas. I invented electric cars, and am planning travel to the Venus on my rocket ship in the next 6 months in accordance with the prophecy.

I don't blame those kids for quitting. A standup is a very difficult technique to master. I should know, I invented it.

Last edited:
Minerva should have 3 Girls wrestling at the Schott this year.
105 Hilliard returning 5th place finisher
130 Shafer returning State Qualifier
HWT Jackson 3x State Champion

Who are likely state qualifiers from each EBC school?
State Ranked EBC wrestlers, I highlighted who I think has favorable odds to qual

106 - Landon Jenkins (Carrollton)
Camryn Mitchell (Marlington)

113 - Kail Snair (Carrollton)
Aiden Bean (Marlington)
Mark Mueller (Minerva)
*Bean has h2h win over Mueller, tougher district

120 - Connor Norris (Minerva)
Luke Stanley (Marlington)
John Childs (Carrollton)

126 - Levi Pidgeon (Carrollton)
Andy Strader (Minerva)

Cyle Burt (Salem)
Michael Dorris (WB)

132 - Carter Hill (Marlington)

138 - Josh Carman (Carrollton)

144 -

150 - Aiden Stecker (Salem)

157 -

165 -

175 - Qwintin Hancox (Marlington)
Hunter Dietrich (Minerva)
Hudson Brink (West Branch)

Jackson Eddy (Alliance)

190 - Kaiden Haines (Minerva)
Ben Zinda (Carrollton)

215 - Aiden Mozden (Alliance)
Owen Spiker (Carrollton)
Diontae Lester (Marlington)

285 - Ryan Kamperman (Salem)

Hoping to and expecting to see each EBC team representing at least one at the Schott.

Sectional Proj

Alliance at WB
Marlington at WB
Salem at WB
WB hosting

WB and Alliance 6-10

WB sectional proj.

Louisville
Marlington
Howland
Salem
after that it is a toss-up

Last edited:
Well here's my thoughts on the sectionals

The Good:

1. Carrollton wins another sectional title, sends a league best 9 to Districts, and has 4 sectional champs. Can't do much more than that. They set up really well to get 4-5 through to state

2. Minerva sneaking 8 to districts in a really big deal, a lot of guys wrestling their best tournament of the season at the right time

3 . Marlington continues to over perform expectations and a second place finish at this sectional only reinforces everything I've thought about the Dukes this year. My only criticism is their 1-6 record in the finals here

Meh:

4. West Branch capitalized on their weak sectional and wrestled tough to get 6 through on the back of mostly 3rds and 4ths. I foresee a unfavorable route for most next week but outscoring their rival Salem must feel good

Bad:

5. Alliance moves forward with only 4, the once promising Aviators have taken a steep nosedive this year but every one of these places will be back next year and Mozden has a shot to make some noise at Districts. Hopefully a silver lining for a dud of a tournament

6. Salem with a chance to establish themselves as a top tier program in the conference absolutely collapsed yesterday at what was in my opinion the weakest sectional in the state. Finishing 7th of 12 in the sectional and scoring the lowest points of all EBC teams after a year that showed so much promise is almost worthy of it's own category terrible. The Quakers send only 5 to Districts next week (the second least in the conference) and have no sectional champs to hang their hat on. I struggled to find a positive takeaway here, I'm not sure how this went as wrong

*Honorable Mention*

Canton South sent 8 though, glad to see the former league member hasn't skipped a beat

Carrollton set themselves up very well to send 5 or 6 to Cbus!

Marlington turned heads throughout the entire tournament but lost a couple in the finals that could probably go the other way at Districts.

Very misleading showing from Salem - lost a potential state placer in Kamperman due to a season ending injury. Kana must have had wrestle off extremities and fell at 157… And senior Allen did not find a spot at all. Good problem to have in terms of duals, bad problem come tournament time. 138 and 150 will remain as their ticket to state with Kamperman out. They are still the #2/3 team in the conference as a hole.

Brink from WB made it down to 165 and I like his odds to get out much more now.

Last edited:
Carrollton set themselves up very well to send 5 or 6 to Cbus!

Marlington turned heads throughout the entire tournament but lost a couple in the finals that could probably go the other way at Districts.

Very misleading showing from Salem - lost a potential state placer in Kamperman due to a season ending injury. Kana must have had wrestle off extremities and fell at 157… And senior Allen did not find a spot at all. Good problem to have in terms of duals, bad problem come tournament time. 138 and 150 will remain as their ticket to state with Kamperman out. They are still the #2/3 team in the conference as a hole.

Brink from WB made it down to 165 and I like his odds to get out much more now.
I don't think the the #2 team in the conference finishes nearly 70 points behind Marlington regardless of who is injured and who isn't. I looked deeper into their schedule today and I was shocked how low the level of competition for them at most places they went this year was. It makes for a nice story and definitely generates some impressive statistics but you have to think wrestling some stiffer competition through the year could have better prepared what is still in my opinion a very talented group.

Carrolltown..bringin home the bacon!🐖💪
Don't see the reign ending anytime soon either, gonna be a race for second in the conference for the foreseeable future

I don't think the the #2 team in the conference finishes nearly 70 points behind Marlington regardless of who is injured and who isn't. I looked deeper into their schedule today and I was shocked how low the level of competition for them at most places they went this year was. It makes for a nice story and definitely generates some impressive statistics but you have to think wrestling some stiffer competition through the year could have better prepared what is still in my opinion a very talented group.

Don't see the reign ending anytime soon either, gonna be a race for second in the conference for the foreseeable future
From what I've heard the carrollton junior high dominated the conference. Not to say that couldn't change but I believe your right it's carrolltons conference until someone proves different.

From what I've heard the carrollton junior high dominated the conference. Not to say that couldn't change but I believe your right it's carrolltons conference until someone proves different.
The past four seasons at the junior high level have finished:
1. Carrollton (3 titles + One third place finish)
2. Salem (4 runner-up finishes)

Everyone else has jumped around during that run but the top two have been consistent. Looking at the results I have I believe Salem had two dual wins over Carrollton in 2020 and West Branch had one, those are the only losses in conference the team took

Last edited:
The past four seasons at the junior high level have finished:
1. Carrollton (3 titles + One third place finish)
2. Salem (3 runner ups + One third place finish)

Everyone else has jumped around during that run but the top two have been consistent. Looking at the results I have I believe Salem had two dual wins over Carrollton in 2020 and West Branch had one, those are the only losses in conference the team took
Carrollton is looking at another four years of dominating, at least. Next year they’re returning seemingly their entire starting lineup besides Zinda and maybe their 150. Could wound up being a team of 5-6 returning SQ’s with 2-3 placers. Childs and Kiko will be SQ tier wrestlers next year as well.

Carrollton is looking at another four years of dominating, at least. Next year they’re returning seemingly their entire starting lineup besides Zinda and maybe their 150. Could wound up being a team of 5-6 returning SQ’s with 2-3 placers. Childs and Kiko will be SQ tier wrestlers next year as well.
Dude, you have one state placer on your team. Quit talking about dominating....

Dude, you have one state placer on your team. Quit talking about dominating....
Not sure if you are trolling… I have zero affiliation with Carrollton. In terms of the conference we are discussing, they are in fact dominant. And I will say that in two weeks they will likely have more than one placer, and in terms of my statement referring to next year.. they could have four or five at the end of next season.

Not sure if you are trolling… I have zero affiliation with Carrollton. In terms of the conference we are discussing, they are in fact dominant. And I will say that in two weeks they will likely have more than one placer, and in terms of my statement referring to next year.. they could have four or five at the end of next season.
I wouldn't worry about that dude he seems to be a negative dude about everything if you pay attention to his posts. Carrollton could have 4 state placement returnees for next year if everything goes decently for them and the kids wrestle up to potential.

So who's getting to state?
Carrollton - Jenkins 106, Snair 113, Pidgeon 126, Carman 138, Zinda 190

Minerva - Norris 120, Strader 126, Dietrich 175, Haines 190

Marlington - Bean 113, Porter 165, Hancox 175

Salem - Stecker 150

West Branch - Brink 165

Alliance - Mozden 215

Each EBC team will be representing in Columbus.

Carrollton - Jenkins 106, Snair 113, Pidgeon 126, Carman 138, Zinda 190

Minerva - Norris 120, Strader 126, Dietrich 175, Haines 190

Marlington - Bean 113, Porter 165, Hancox 175

Salem - Stecker 150

West Branch - Brink 165

Alliance - Mozden 215

Each EBC team will be representing in
Columbus.
Mozden going in ranked #1