The official EBC Football Thread

I based it off enrollment for the most part and the games I would want to see, I’m a struthers fan who wants to see them play Mooney every year so I wouldn’t be scared to play louisville at all. No difference from playing Canfield in all reality, Canfield most years is better actually, but the game that I think would be most competitive would be south range and Salem.
May even switch Poland and Hubbard, Poland would beat alliance 9 out of 10 years I would think.

Sure, week 4 in 2023? Year 2 of the conference challenge. Let's face it, this will be everyone's favorite week of the season. Every 2 years switch after a home and home. I did notice you are a little nervous with the idea of Struthers playing Louisville.?? I still hope to see the two play each other soon.
But Louisville is also not in the conference. Ring on Minerva

I think South Range would cream Salem most years.

But yeah, it'll never happen... especially if it's contingent on happening in week 4.
I could actually see a few of those games taking place in the near future, though.

Not a math genious...but if Jefferson left NE8 and they were to match up games with another league - wouldn't those games be weeks 4-10? Not every school would have the out of league week the same week.

Good luck to the NE8 but this thread is about the EBC and I don't see it breaking up. My question is who would be a good 8th school for this league?
Louisville got booted - deservedly so, and South Range balked., so who would be left? The league is a 3-4 league with heavy speculation of schools moving down a division.....but that is yet to happen with the exception of Alliance returning to D3.

Not a math genious...but if Jefferson left NE8 and they were to match up games with another league - wouldn't those games be weeks 4-10? Not every school would have the out of league week the same week.

Good luck to the NE8 but this thread is about the EBC and I don't see it breaking up. My question is who would be a good 8th school for this league?
Louisville got booted - deservedly so, and South Range balked., so who would be left? The league is a 3-4 league with heavy speculation of schools moving down a division.....but that is yet to happen with the exception of Alliance returning to D3.
why did louisville deserve to be excluded?

May even switch Poland and Hubbard, Poland would beat alliance 9 out of 10 years I would think.
Poland and Louisville had a good battle going against each other for a few years. This series should get back on schedule. The EBC does not have team the same caliper of the Leps and Poland would go unchallenged.

How about United ? Their numbers are growing . Geographically makes sense and they have been playing Salem and Minerva already the last few years.

I think South Range would cream Salem most years.

But yeah, it'll never happen... especially if it's contingent on happening in week 4.
I could actually see a few of those games taking place in the near future, though.
Very true, weeks 1-3 can be used to get EBC and NE8 new rivals on the football field and SR - Salem needs to be one of the first.

Interesting scenarios abound! So Ashtabula Jefferson Area is leaving the NE8? I know they aren't technically a valley school, so maybe I missed that announcement? Does that open the door for Canfield? The few NE8 events I have attended make no mention of anyone leaving, so where are the rumors of realignment coming from?

Maybe Same reason Canfield was excluded from the NE8
That’s a very complicated issue. And it wasn’t that they were too good. Canfield lost conference games at a good rate like anyone else. Had a few good years at the end there. Canfield just wanted everything their way or the highway. Schools grew tired of it. Canfields enrollment trending up. Everyone else down. Simple play. But it was interesting to keep Niles who is the same size as canfield and now hubbard.

Interesting scenarios abound! So Ashtabula Jefferson Area is leaving the NE8? I know they aren't technically a valley school, so maybe I missed that announcement? Does that open the door for Canfield? The few NE8 events I have attended make no mention of anyone leaving, so where are the rumors of realignment coming from?
This is mostly hypothetical. But Jefferson is exploring their options with the Cvc. Probably won’t leave til at least 2021. I would expect Howland to fill their gap though. Not Canfield.

You are correct that you can't simply put them all together in week 4 and play all the league games in weeks 5-10. Even though each league member is only playing 6 league games, the leagues still need 7 weeks to complete the entire league schedule.

You got 2 options:
1. Pair up the EBC and NE7 teams based on which teams are out of league in weeks 4-10. That might lead to some lopsided match-ups.

2. Use 1 of the 3 traditional nonleague weeks at the beginning of the season to make the exact pairings you want, but then the teams still have to fill their individual nonleague game that they have in weeks 4-10.

This is mostly hypothetical. But Jefferson is exploring their options with the Cvc. Probably won’t leave til at least 2021. I would expect Howland to fill their gap though. Not Canfield.
Why would Jefferson join the CVC? Perry, Kirtland, etc. Same travel and tougher competition. That makes zero sense, who told you that? Also, pretty sure 100% of the teams in football would not vote to replace, no offense a small D5 Jefferson with D3 Howland!?? Who would sign up for that! Makes no sense, doesn't a hypothetical need to make sense? Who thinks theses things through? Also, why is Howland wanting in now and what has changed in 9 months? All the NE8 schools believe Howland is a good fit? Really foolish to deny them 9 months ago and wanting them now? Hey I have some ocean front property in Arizona, I know this for a fact. Want to talk Hypothetical, how about a league with Canfield, Poland, Howland, Ursuline, Mooney, Hubbard, Struthers, and Niles. Those would be fair games. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm. South Range is a small D5, lets sign up another D3 school!? By that logic, Struthers, Hubbard, Niles should be playing Boardman, Fitch, Harding. Asking South Range to play D3 Niles, Hubbard, Howland is foolish. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. Player safety is an issue and it does not set up the smaller schools for success. SR had a strong NE8 season, but lost their QB in a physical mashing schedule, one of the best teams in years and they have to battle Kirtland with a backup QB. Is the South Range administration angry with the football team or are they trying to de-emphasise it? If I was a SR parent, I would be raising hell if this move was even considered!

Why would Jefferson join the CVC? Perry, Kirtland, etc. Same travel and tougher competition. That makes zero sense, who told you that? Also, pretty sure 100% of the teams in football would not vote to replace, no offense a small D5 Jefferson with D3 Howland!?? Who would sign up for that! Makes no sense, doesn't a hypothetical need to make sense? Who thinks theses things through? Also, why is Howland wanting in now and what has changed in 9 months? All the NE8 schools believe Howland is a good fit? Really foolish to deny them 9 months ago and wanting them now? Hey I have some ocean front property in Arizona, I know this for a fact. Want to talk Hypothetical, how about a league with Canfield, Poland, Howland, Ursuline, Mooney, Hubbard, Struthers, and Niles. Those would be fair games. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm. South Range is a small D5, lets sign up another D3 school!? By that logic, Struthers, Hubbard, Niles should be playing Boardman, Fitch, Harding. Asking South Range to play D3 Niles, Hubbard, Howland is foolish. Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done. Player safety is an issue and it does not set up the smaller schools for success. SR had a strong NE8 season, but lost their QB in a physical mashing schedule, one of the best teams in years and they have to battle Kirtland with a backup QB. Is the South Range administration angry with the football team or are they trying to de-emphasise it? If I was a SR parent, I would be raising hell if this move was even considered!

Wasn't South Range suppose to join the EBC but bailed out last minute to join the NE8?

SR would rather play Howland then jefferson, if you don’t believe that you don’t really talk to anyone involved. Howland is basically a little better version of Niles that’s it lol the days of Howland being really good are long gone. Do you think a south range fan wants to drive over an hour to beat a team by 60 points every other year? Not to mention they’re getting very bad in basketball as well. You’re new here so I’ll let most of the things you said go unnoticed but do some research before making outlandish statements

Which to me was a really good move. South range has Wanted to play more valley teams Also getting a much bigger gate for home games
I don't begrudge SR at all for making that decision. As previously stated, it was an opportunity they couldn't pass us. SR did what was best for them, and any other school does the same at the end of the day.

SR would rather play Howland then jefferson, if you don’t believe that you don’t really talk to anyone involved. Howland is basically a little better version of Niles that’s it lol the days of Howland being really good are long gone. Do you think a south range fan wants to drive over an hour to beat a team by 60 points every other year? Not to mention they’re getting very bad in basketball as well. You’re new here so I’ll let most of the things you said go unnoticed but do some research before making outlandish statements

That brings us to another point in the hypothetical EBC-NE8 challenge. Let's say the NE8 loses a member school. What are the odds the league is stuck at 7 members for any length of time? I'd expect they'd have some options to quickly fill any vacancy with Howland being high on that list.

I don't begrudge SR at all for making that decision. As previously stated, it was an opportunity they couldn't pass us. SR did what was best for them, and any other school does the same at the end of the day.

That brings us to another point in the hypothetical EBC-NE8 challenge. Let's say the NE8 loses a member school. What are the odds the league is stuck at 7 members for any length of time? I'd expect they'd have some options to quickly fill any vacancy with Howland being high on that list.
They would have a lot of teams interested I’m sure but the teams they would actually give serious interest in would probably be Salem and howland just in terms of enrollement alone. Canfield fits with struthers Poland Hubbard Niles, but lakeview range girard would have an issue with it

What resource do you get your information from? Maybe you can copy and paste the link, if that's no too hard for you? Also your boy your drink beer with doesn't count as research. I'll be waiting for your sources.

What resource do you get your information from? Maybe you can copy and paste the link, if that's no too hard for you? Also your boy your drink beer with doesn't count as research. I'll be waiting for your sources.
I actually know a couple south range coaches pretty well and they did and don’t want to play jefferson because they get nothing from the game, except maybe letting jv kids play a little more. Anything else I said was basic knowledge.

also south range wouldn’t be the tipping point to let Howland in or out, lakeviewhas no problem playing them as they play them non conference all the time

Jefferson would join the CVC to play orange. Geneva. Edgewood. Harvey. Lakeside. They’re a good fit. They might actually win a game. They are getting blown out by everyone in every sport in the ne8 and driving an hour plus to do it. They also have little fan support and bring hardly anyone to the games. Doesn’t help the gate. And who told me that? Like I would tell some random who I talk to. Same guy that told me Bowden was transferring to Harding and that reardon was coming back to Ursuline.

Howland has wanted in all along. Hubbard and Niles are both d3. There isn’t an issue. And player safety? What?South range is more than capable. They field large teams. They joined the league knowing the direction of the enrollments of the schools and wanted the challenge of the league. If they didn’t want the challenge they would have never joined. That’s an ignorant statement. Yeah your hypothetical league would be fair but no one would ever want to play with Ursuline and mooney for obvious reasons.

It’s also clear you’re a SR parent lol

Alliance and Marlington 1-2 last two years
Salem leaped to 3 last year
South, WB, and Carrollton had better 2018 showings
Minerva showed improvement in 2019

Which team in 2020 shakes it up? Or are the Aviators posed to take the top spot again?