The official EBC Football Thread

Sportsnut1975

With the corona virus taking up most of news feeds, and the winter state Tournaments cancelling for sure. Why not discuss some football!

Alliance

Salem
Carrollton
South
Minerva
Marlington
West branch

just my thoughts

Alliance will continue to dominate this league
Marlington in for a nose dive

I agree with most of this I would say it will be a battle with Salem and Carrollton! Carrollton has a lot coming back and then a bunch of sophomores that had a decent freshman team. They will surprise a lot of people, and possibly make a playoff run!

I agree with most of this I would say it will be a battle with Salem and Carrollton! Carrollton has a lot coming back and then a bunch of sophomores that had a decent freshman team. They will surprise a lot of people, and possibly make a playoff run!
Hard for sophomores to make a real impact on Friday nights realistically.

Some sophomores are really JR’s age wise, WB loves their 5th year seniors.
And from what I’ve heard Alliance’s out of conference schedule is brutal
Chardon ,Louisville , Niles and an idk the 4th

Looking to see what Minerva does, wont lie. They broke the streak hopefully that helps them get more kids to come out and play

Salem is going to look nice with Jackson Johnson under center..

Jackson vs Zurbrugg (Alliance) will be some nice games to watch in a year or 2

I expect to see WB drop to D4 . The amount of students that left and leaving due to the economic instability keeps growing. The incoming senior class has always been a very talented group of athletes now they have been made the pawns of the BOE . You don’t see any of the Dota haters back on here posting/praising the new staff they wanted so badly!
I don’t know much about this returning defensive coach from southeast ,but to say he needs to Retire. Last seasons team was much better than there record and simply were out coached almost every Friday night. Yes we had lost some key players early for the entire year , but the staff didn’t make the tough position changes to compensate for those losses.

Idk about Hailing them. But they will run the EBC for the the next several years. The West Branch Trojans will not challenge anytime soon

Idk about Hailing them. But they will run the EBC for the the next several years. The West Branch Trojans will not challenge anytime soon
It’s part of the Alma Mater
On the rolling verdant terrace with the trees close by.
Stands our humble Alma Mater , Dear Alliance High.
Lift your voices, laud and praise her.
For there are but few, that are like our Alma Mater.
Hail the Red and Blue!!!

Seen on a post on here in the 2020 Aviators they are moving back down to D3
Those numbers aren’t out yet. Speculation at this point. But for their sake I hope they do. They are a solid program. I really wish they would play in the NE8 so we can boot jefferson. But I get it. The distance for the other sports isn’t feasible. Even though the aviators were in the Mac at one point.

Those numbers aren’t out yet. Speculation at this point. But for their sake I hope they do. They are a solid program. I really wish they would play in the NE8 so we can boot jefferson. But I get it. The distance for the other sports isn’t feasible. Even though the aviators were in the Mac at one point.
I can guarantee you that isn’t speculation. I have a very reliable source, if Alliance isn’t D3 next year I’ll drive the Winnie down to the Mahoning river and and drink a glass of it.

I think the EBC will really come down to the job C.Unk does calling the offense this year for the aviators. I know whiting is the OC but from what I hear Unk is really the brains of the operation and the eye in the sky for the aviators. He told me he was the Oline coach 2 years ago and then that other guy came back this year. You could really tell how much better the line play was when he was the coach. I’m really surprised whiting hasn't made him the OC yet. If any of these other programs in the league were smart they’d get this kid as their HC ASAP.
WHO???

Ok the reviews I have received are not very flattering. I must be missing the joke, Or I do get the joke and who’s the butt of it.

Oh my the stories keep coming in about the True mind behind the aviators. It’s some funny stuff. I heard he has a NC ring? I thought NCAA only got rings for guys on traveling roster? Anyhow. Alliance will be on top of EBC Salem and Carrollton will battle out 2 slot WB last place. Salem will be solid for a few years to come. Coach Johnson will have the boys ready as will Whiting respect the work he’s put in there

I think the EBC will really come down to the job C.Unk does calling the offense this year for the aviators. I know whiting is the OC but from what I hear Unk is really the brains of the operation and the eye in the sky for the aviators. He told me he was the Oline coach 2 years ago and then that other guy came back this year. You could really tell how much better the line play was when he was the coach. I’m really surprised whiting hasn't made him the OC yet. If any of these other programs in the league were smart they’d get this kid as their HC ASAP.
I spoke to some people as well, he wasn’t even the Oline coach that year. From my understanding whiting replaced one fat Italian guy with another fat Italian guy that was already on staff.

So whiting likes fat Italian guys as o-line coaches? Is this confirmed? If so someone please send them a meatball parm sub in this time of need