EBC Basketball 2022-2023

The younger son, the QB, stopped playing after 9th grade. I think his oldest son played all four years. From what I've heard, Johnson attends all of the home games, but I have it on good authority that he puts a lot of pressure on his players to focus soley on football
Most of the Salem kids are at a minimum two sport athletes from what I recall, are there any kids that played this year that are only football players?

I believe all EBC teams that played started off 1-0.

Marlington over Urban Scholars
Carrollton over Tusky Central
Salem over Niles
Minerva over Tuscy Valley
Alliance over Northwest

When does WB start and is Deshields playing? Heard from a source he needs surgery and may be out for the first part of the season.

Deshields hasn't played and I'm assuming he won't... WB is younger than I thought this year with quite a few kids not playing basketball this year...

The leagues Alliances to lose.... I see WB, Carrollton, Marlington and Salem beating each other up with Minerva rounding things out....

Deshields hasn't played and I'm assuming he won't... WB is younger than I thought this year with quite a few kids not playing basketball this year...

The leagues Alliances to lose.... I see WB, Carrollton, Marlington and Salem beating each other up with Minerva rounding things out....
It is tough after a deep playoff run to get kids out for winter sports. All the reason more to start the football season earlier, start winter sports later and condense the season

Looks like Alliance is favorite so far unbeaten in league and 6-2... No DeShields for West Branch really hurts them but they play defense and will win a fair share of games. Minerva has surprised so far and Carrollton is off to a fast start at 8-2. Shame they didnt have their two best players vs Alliance early in the year... Marlington is better than their record and Salem has won games they should have, and lost some to tough opponents. Should know quite a bit about the league in the next two weeks.

Alliance’s schedule has been challenging with losses to GlenOak and Aquinas. Carrollton’s record is s bit deceiving with wins over D4 and D3 schools( hasn’t beaten anyone with a winning record to my knowledge).

Alliance has some unreal athletes - their freshman point guard is something special. Minerva ha a 1st quarter lead at West Branch but the Warriors pulled away Fri night. Salem lost to a good Canfield team, and Marlington recently beat a bad Buckeye Local team. Carrollton's last two wins were at St Clairsville and Canton South. I do know they had TCC early but not sure of their other d4 teams they played.

Alliance’s schedule has been challenging with losses to GlenOak and Aquinas. Carrollton’s record is s bit deceiving with wins over D4 and D3 schools( hasn’t beaten anyone with a winning record to my knowledge).
But they did play with Alliance and East Liverpool for 3 quarters without their two best players. Next time they play Alliance expect a battle.

Someone is going to catch Alliance on an off night. Still might not be enough. They are the real deal.
Saw Salem knocked off 7-1 Girard at Girard tonight.
WB lost to Ytown East.
Any other EBC scores from tonight?

Someone is going to catch Alliance on an off night. Still might not be enough. They are the real deal.
Saw Salem knocked off 7-1 Girard at Girard tonight.
WB lost to Ytown East.
Any other EBC scores from tonight?
This is what I could find:

Minerva over the Academy for Urban Scholars Youngstown 70-23
Salem 54, @ Girard 50
@ East 43, West Branch 32

Alliance was off. Play at Minerva Friday
Marlington was off. Play Salem at home Friday
Carrollton was off. Play West Branch at home Friday

Alliance has some unreal athletes - their freshman point guard is something special. Minerva ha a 1st quarter lead at West Branch but the Warriors pulled away Fri night. Salem lost to a good Canfield team, and Marlington recently beat a bad Buckeye Local team. Carrollton's last two wins were at St Clairsville and Canton South. I do know they had TCC early but not sure of their other d4 teams they played.
I expect Alliance's freshman point guard and Minerva's freshman point guard will have some good battles over the next 4 years. Minerva's is really good too.

Alliance will run the EBC table.... they honestly shouldnt (and prob wont) have a game in the league that isnt a double digit win! they have already beat salem by 35, Carrollton by 20 and WB by 11. Minerva has prob exceeded expectations with the young roster they run out there, but tonight will be aviators by 20. Too much size, speed, skill and depth for anyone in this league.

Alliance is the team to beat and I see no team giving them a game. It's hoops and any team will need to get hot to beat them but they have it all. Might be as good as when the Kukura kid was in school.

Alliance will run the EBC table.... they honestly shouldnt (and prob wont) have a game in the league that isnt a double digit win! they have already beat salem by 35, Carrollton by 20 and WB by 11. Minerva has prob exceeded expectations with the young roster they run out there, but tonight will be aviators by 20. Too much size, speed, skill and depth for anyone in this league.
I believe the next two games with the Warriors (Carrollton and West Branch) will be very competitive. They travel to West Branch which is never an easy place to play and Carrollton will have it's two leading scorers this time at full strength. While certainly the favorite, I wouldn't say Alliance is unbeatable or cant see no one giving them a game. Minerva has traditionally played them well over the years in Minerva as well.

Minerva had a 3 go in and out with 40 secs left to tie Alliance on Friday night. Knew the Lions would play them tough. Carrollton won a defensive battle vs West Branch (the game was played at Branch's style it seems) and Marlington shot it well to beat Salem.

Tonight's tilts:
Minerva @ Carrollton
Marlington @ Alliance
Salem @ West Branch

Alliance 7-2---4-0
Carrollton 10-2--- 3-1
Marlington 5-5 ---2-2
Minerva 5-7---1-3
West Branch 4-5 ---1-3
Salem 3-5---1-3

I expect Alliance's freshman point guard and Minerva's freshman point guard will have some good battles over the next 4 years. Minerva's is really good too.
both are gonna be stars and both have had good games already in their young career..... BUT both really really struggled and looked like 9th graders the other night. But you are right, some major battles with these two coming up (and with the 9th grader (thomas?) from WB too. What a quick athletic kid he is too...

Carrollton over Minerva big tonight. Not sure of the final, but Carrollton was up 25-30 points the entire second half. Not close from the tip.

Minerva ran into a buzzsaw at Carrollton. Thankfully they did not try to score the last 5 mins of the game and ran clock or it could've been worse, final was 68-41. Alliance trailed Marlington most of the game before pulling away in the 4th and West Branch handled Salem in a backyard rivalry game.

12-2 Carrollton travels to Alliance this Friday with a chance to get a share of the EBC title. Whats everyone's predictions?

Alliance certainly has the edge in talent and size, but I wouldn't count out the Warriors. Alliance is a tough place to play though and Aviators should be the favorite. Marlington at Branch should be a good battle as well as Salem at Minerva. Alliance has Dover at home tonight first, and Carrollton travels to Steubenville who just beat 10-1 East Liverpool.

I think Alliance out athletes them and playing at their home court is TOUGH.
I do agree than Alliance has more athletes, but in my opinion Carrollton plays harder as a team. I also believe that Carrollton has the best player in the conference with #12 their PG. He out played Steubenville's all state guard on both ends of the floor last night.

I do agree than Alliance has more athletes, but in my opinion Carrollton plays harder as a team. I also believe that Carrollton has the best player in the conference with #12 their PG. He out played Steubenville's all state guard on both ends of the floor last night.
Agreed, there may be better pure shooters in the league, but Rinkes is an old school scorer using an elevated pull up jumper and penetration. He is an excellent free throw shooter as well, and can hit the three when left open, but his real assets are his dictating defense and instinctive rebounding. True point guard. He was also a top 5 golfer at the state golf tournament and excellent baseball player, but would have loved to see what he could have done on the football field. Would have made a great qb or defensive back.

Jake Singleton from Meadowbrook was 1st team All-Ohio last year, Ryan McCort - St. C. was 3rd team last year. these were the only 2 guys from the eastern district on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team. Steubenville's lone representative was "Inky" Jones and he graduated.

Watching Rinkes a few times; he is as impactful as anyone in the area for his team. He effects the game in many ways on both ends. He scores when needed, finds open guys when doubled, and is a bloodhound on defense. Never looks out of control - he is extremely efficient too. According to the Canton Rep, averaging 15pts game, 5.5 rebs and 4 assists on nearly 60% shooting and 80% from Ft line.