EBC 2020

Toms0655

The league should be really good this year with some quality arms coming back...marlington returns just about everyone from 11-1 league championship team..Carr, Sabatino, Greiner, and pucci will lead the dukes..marlington has loaded senior class but have some very good young talent..I’m thinking there will be 2 freshman finding a way onto the field for the dukes..which will give them a lot of depth....what’s everyone else got coming back...I know bruni and Cunningham are two very good lefty pitchers that will be tough to score on

Minerva loses 6 senior starters from a team that went 1-11 in league play and they are replacing the entire coaching staff ad Travis moved on to a better opportunity. They will only have 1 or 2 seniors max. It's pretty much like the football team, they will be young with a decent Sophomore and Junior class. Troy Richeson is the new head coach but is a very good baseball guy. He is also a teacher in the system and has quality baseball experience. Minerva's weakness is most of the boys don't play summer ball. Richeson is definitely taking over a program that needs rebuilt. With that being said, there were some pretty good young arms last year (lefty Mayle and righty Barnes) so they really could be on the upswing but I don't see them being a real threat in the EBC. I think 500 will be a good goal for them but that will be tough to accomplish. I did here that the numbers will be good.

I thought Travis did a pretty good job last year with what he had but I think Richeson can build a pretty good program. Minerva's weakness is the kids just don't play summer ball. A few kids play on various travel teams but as a whole, these kids don't tough a glove form Mid may til the next summer. That's the big thing Richeson needs to change.

If I am a betting man Alliance wins EBC in baseball this year and next
That’s brave being that marlington went 11-1 in the league last year and only lost 1 kid who didn’t make anything as far as all league...alliance definitely has a shot to win it with bruni...but they need some other guys to step up for them...also they need to beef up their non conference schedule...playing a bunch of small schools and building stats doesn’t get you better come tournament time...

That’s brave being that marlington went 11-1 in the league last year and only lost 1 kid who didn’t make anything as far as all league...alliance definitely has a shot to win it with bruni...but they need some other guys to step up for them...also they need to beef up their non conference schedule...playing a bunch of small schools and building stats doesn’t get you better come tournament time...

Maybe you should look at their Schedule..... They are playing a lot of D1 schools

Alliance will have Bruni, Bell,

young guys to look out for is Bell, Pasco(Biggers), Bugara, Bates.....

Alot of young talent coming Alliance Baseballs way

Minerva loses 6 senior starters from a team that went 1-11 in league play and they are replacing the entire coaching staff ad Travis moved on to a better opportunity. They will only have 1 or 2 seniors max. It's pretty much like the football team, they will be young with a decent Sophomore and Junior class. Troy Richeson is the new head coach but is a very good baseball guy. He is also a teacher in the system and has quality baseball experience. Minerva's weakness is most of the boys don't play summer ball. Richeson is definitely taking over a program that needs rebuilt. With that being said, there were some pretty good young arms last year (lefty Mayle and righty Barnes) so they really could be on the upswing but I don't see them being a real threat in the EBC. I think 500 will be a good goal for them but that will be tough to accomplish. I did here that the numbers will be good.

I thought Travis did a pretty good job last year with what he had but I think Richeson can build a pretty good program. Minerva's weakness is the kids just don't play summer ball. A few kids play on various travel teams but as a whole, these kids don't tough a glove form Mid may til the next summer. That's the big thing Richeson needs to change.
[/Q
Alliance will have Bruni, Bell,

young guys to look out for is Bell, Pasco(Biggers), Bugara, Bates.....

Alot of young talent coming Alliance Baseballs way
Where did Travis go? I thought he was new to Minerva, a different coach position?

2020 should be fun and interesting. Yea Alliance has Gavin Bruni back and he'll get his wins. When Beuni isn't on the mound I think they will be a 500 team. I could be wrong.
West Branch lost their stud according to rumors to Salem. WB may struggle this year.
Salem should be solid but hearing rumors about there pick up. Again just rumors.
Marlington is the defending EBC champion and I think there the favorites. They only lost 1 senior who for the most part was a role player. Pitched some and DH some. I think they have the best overall staff pitching wise returning Carr,Greiner,Pucci,and 3 or 4 others that pitched several innings last year. They have 2 incoming freshman that both played at a high level of travel ball and excelled.
Should be a fun year and hope the weather cooperates this year.

2020 should be fun and interesting. Yea Alliance has Gavin Bruni back and he'll get his wins. When Beuni isn't on the mound I think they will be a 500 team. I could be wrong.
West Branch lost their stud according to rumors to Salem. WB may struggle this year.
Salem should be solid but hearing rumors about there pick up. Again just rumors.
Marlington is the defending EBC champion and I think there the favorites. They only lost 1 senior who for the most part was a role player. Pitched some and DH some. I think they have the best overall staff pitching wise returning Carr,Greiner,Pucci,and 3 or 4 others that pitched several innings last year. They have 2 incoming freshman that both played at a high level of travel ball and excelled.
Should be a fun year and hope the weather cooperates this year.
I also heard that WB lost their stud lefty to Salem. That's going to hurt WB.
Marlington has talent in every grade and really should be the king of the EBC for several years.
Excited to see Alliance's Bruni this year and he is only a junior.
Salem has been getting a lot better over the last few years and really could be the team competing with the Dukes.
Carrollton is young but I heard their freshmen and sophomore classes are really good.
Minerva will have 1 or 2 seniors, a handful of juniors and a some sophomores will get some time. The new coach will have some work to do but he should bring stability to the program,.
Don't know much about South but i am sure they will be competitive..

Ok it starts today. Good luck to all. Can someone from Salem confirm the status of there WB pick up. Probably just bull but word is the lefty might not even play this year.

Not sure about the status at Salem, but I can confirm he is no longer attending school at WB.
Perfect example of life changing results happening for 10 minutes of misguided actions. It's a sad thing. The kid was a true prospect. I hope he gets things worked out.

Encouraged in Minerva with an entirely new staff. During Rocky Bourquin's 4 years the Lions put together a very good run, probably the best in school history. Last year was a team with limited talent and a coaching staff that only lasted a year. Troy Richeson is a great choice to take over the program. They may struggle this year due to youth and inexperience but he seems to be in it for the long haul and is a first class guy with a lot of baseball knowledge. There is excitement brewing around the Lions' program.

Why the love for Alliance Ace ? Salem will contend for the EBC
Rhodes and Cunningham are the best 1,2 combo in the league.
I am not being a smart A- just answering the question Why the love for the Alliance Ace? Because the Alliance Ace is good enough to verbally commit to Ohio State as a Sophomore. According to PBR he is the #1 prospect in Ohio for the class of 2021 and he throws a legit 90 mph. He is a very good pitcher but also one of better all around players around.. I don't know the kid personally but the times i saw him he seems like a first class young man and very humble. Salem's new lefty seemed that way too. I wish nothing but the best for these 2 kids.

With that being said, it has to be exiting to Salem to be a serious threat in the EBC. I still have to think the Marlington is the team to beat with their experience and depth at pitcher. They will probably have the best 1,2,3,4,5 punch in the league. it should be a fun year with some very good baseball.

Last edited:
So a showcase baby then. Got it, and yes Marlington is loaded.
A showcase baby??? Are u serious?? Obviously you've never seen him pitch hit or play the field. This showcase baby I'm willing to bet he never plays an inning of baseball for the Buckeyes. Nope dont see him wearing the scarlet and gray. Nope I dont think this kid will throw an inning for any D-1 school. Nope I think this showcase baby will be drafted straight out of high school. I've known this young man since he was 7. Hes a great kid. So humble so polite, just a great player, student, young man. His parents have done an incredible job keeping him grounded not that he needed that. This one time your opinion on him is backed by not a clue and I dont know baseball to say the least.
I could be wrong but I think that Mr Bruni has only lost 1 league game in his career. Now I'm curious how many league losses the duo from Salem has. I know the wb transfer lost for sure to Alliance and Marlington last year and Marlington rocked the other Salem pitcher hard. Maybe he had a bad day. I'll still take Marlingtons pitching staff overall. Marlington doesnt have a Bruni but other than that Marlington staff is as good as anybody. Throwing hard doesnt guarentee anything. Good hitters catch up with it. Gonna be a great spring.

Never said he wasn’t a good person. I’ve seen him pitch couldn’t get out of the 1st inning his freshman year at West Branch. Lasted 3 or 4 batters. Hype train in full effect sorry I don’t see it and you said it throwing hard doesn’t get it done all the time. Blowing fastballs by kids who just play the game isn’t that great. I’m sure Mr Bruni as you call him is glad he has you to hype him up. Ohio State would be just fine if he didn’t go there. Oh and speaking of Ohio State if he is all that why OSU ? Big boys didn’t want him ?
I know there are other arms around the area that can go bigger then OSU.

good luck to the real players out there that dont get the hype

Back to the League race
Marlington and Salem battle it out for 1/2
Alliance
South
West Branch
Carrollton
Minerva

is my prediction

I’m gonna go with Carrollton as a dark horse for a league title. They got a few coming back from their staff from last year and a transfer from pick central who sits 86-87 with nasty movement. He will be attending Marshall next spring.

I’m gonna go with Carrollton as a dark horse for a league title. They got a few coming back from their staff from last year and a transfer from pick central who sits 86-87 with nasty movement. He will be attending Marshall next spring.
anytime you have a kid throwing 86-87 you have a chance...

Never said he wasn’t a good person. I’ve seen him pitch couldn’t get out of the 1st inning his freshman year at West Branch. Lasted 3 or 4 batters. Hype train in full effect sorry I don’t see it and you said it throwing hard doesn’t get it done all the time. Blowing fastballs by kids who just play the game isn’t that great. I’m sure Mr Bruni as you call him is glad he has you to hype him up. Ohio State would be just fine if he didn’t go there. Oh and speaking of Ohio State if he is all that why OSU ? Big boys didn’t want him ?
I know there are other arms around the area that can go bigger then OSU.

good luck to the real players out there that dont get the hype

Whysoserious, It is really is hard to take this seriously. You looked a back on his outing 2 years ago. What did Bruni do against WB last year as a sophomore? What will he do this year as a junior? What will he do next year as a Senior? Before you make the statement this he's all hype maybe you should let him get a full body of work and let him get through his Jr and Sr year first. Also, it's my understanding the he may be a position player in college, not necessarily a pitcher.

Coach DeBarr took over a Salem program that couldn't get guys to come out and has it heading in the right direction. I think DeBarr's Quakers contend for the league title. The fundamental baseball has been there the last few years and Salem has finally developed the talent to make a run...and that was before the Cunningham news. They have some potential young breakout players.
Salem returns some nice talent ,Cunningham will be a asset as long as Debarr can deal with his father . Heard Wb will be putting Pigeon and Egli on the mound with Conrad and Hillyer may returns to give them a fastball . I recall the latter 3 pitching in quite a few hot stove championships i think it was some Salem sponsored Team ?

I can’t believe we may not get to see the hype train this spring. That’s too bad. I know our team is still working. I wonder what all those show case baby’s are doing ? Keep after it guys your spotlight is just around the corner

Salem returns some nice talent ,Cunningham will be a asset as long as Debarr can deal with his father . Heard Wb will be putting Pigeon and Egli on the mound with Conrad and Hillyer may returns to give them a fastball . I recall the latter 3 pitching in quite a few hot stove championships i think it was some Salem sponsored Team ?
Hot stove ???