Eastern Ohio Athletic Conference

buckcc

Hey 111411 yappi ,do know what the final league and overall standings ,with this new league,never see any talk about it, like you do on the new MVAC

Hey 111411 yappi ,do know what the final league and overall standings ,with this new league,never see any talk about it, like you do on the new MVAC

I haven't really heard anything for some time. Last I read, United was in first place.

I have Toronto winning this league in it's first year of competition, but wander what news paper, would cover the new league standings

I have Toronto winning this league in it's first year of competition, but wander what news paper, would cover the new league standings

Maybe The East Liverpool Review, The Salem News, or The Lisbon Morning Journal. The Youngstown Vindicator is also a possibility.

Maybe The East Liverpool Review, The Salem News, or The Lisbon Morning Journal. The Youngstown Vindicator is also a possibility.

DEFINITELY eliminate the Vindy. They do a shoddy job on basketball as a whole. I don't I've seen them post any standings all year. They might (might ) pit the records in the box scores. Overall and maybe league. But that's it.

I believe I got this all figured out by using a combination of Yappi's score database, Maxpreps, and info from various school websites (Nonetheless, I am sorry for any inaccuracies):
Toronto 15-7, 12-2
United 14-8, 11-3
Wellsville 15-7, 9-5
Lisbon 13-9, 8-6
East Palestine, 10-12, 6-8
Southern 11-11, 5-9
Columbiana 6-16, 4-10
Leetonia 5-17, 1-13

If anyone is able to correct any mistakes I have made here, I welcome your assistance.

Last edited:
I believe I got this all figured out by using a combination of Yappi's score database, Maxpreps, and info from various school websites (Nonetheless, I am sorry for any inaccuracies):
Toronto 15-7, 12-2
United 14-7, 11-3
Wellsville 13-7, 8-5
Lisbon 13-9, 8-6
East Palestine, 9-12, 6-8
Southern 10-10, 5-9
Columbiana 6-14, 4-10
Leetonia 4-16, 1-12

1 league game left to be played: Wellsville vs. Leetonia

Nonleague games remaining:
United has Minerva.
Wellsville has Buckeye Local.
East Palestine has Lordstown.
Southern has Shenandoah. Some confusion about Southern's 22nd opponent if there is one: 1 schedule I saw had them playing Sebring on Dec. 29 with no mention of that game on Sebring's schedule while another schedule had them playing Heartland Christian in mid-January with no mention of that game on Heartland's schedule.
Columbiana has Salem and West Branch.
Leetonia has Heartland Christian.

If anyone is able to correct any mistakes I have made here, I welcome your assistance.

Southern played Crestview, beating them, in the first round of the Brickhouse Grille Classic, in Sebring, on December 29. They then beat Canton Heritage in the title game. That should clear up the confusion.

Southern played Crestview, beating them, in the first round of the Brickhouse Grille Classic, in Sebring, on December 29. They then beat Canton Heritage in the title game. That should clear up the confusion.

Onesy comes through in the clutch! Thank you for pointing me in the proper direction. My previous post has been edited to reflect this correction. Not that I doubted you since the event was played at your place, but I was able to confirm those results via Heritage's twitter. Just seemed odd that Southern would be able to blow out Heritage after losing to them by 29 nearly 3 weeks earlier.

Onesy comes through in the clutch! Thank you for pointing me in the proper direction. My previous post has been edited to reflect this correction. Not that I doubted you since the event was played at your place, but I was able to confirm those results via Heritage's twitter. Just seemed odd that Southern would be able to blow out Heritage after losing to them by 29 nearly 3 weeks earlier.

I watched three quarters of the game and Southern had one kid that couldn't miss. As a team, they beat them in transition all night long.