Votes: 2 50.0%
  • #8 Chicago Bulls

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Eastern Conference
#1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Chicago Bulls

Game 1: Sunday at Boston, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 2: Tuesday at Boston, 8 p.m. (TNT)
Game 3: Apr. 21 at Chicago, 7 p.m. (ESPN)
Game 4: Apr. 23 at Chicago, 6:30 p.m. (TNT)
Game 5*: Apr. 26 at Boston
Game 6*: Apr. 28 at Chicago
Game 7*: Apr. 30 at Boston

Boston will be lucky to win a game.

Just goes to show how crappy the east is. If Wade and Rondo can consistently play solid the Bulls will probably make it to the conference finals.

Boston will be lucky to win a game.

Just goes to show how crappy the east is. If Wade and Rondo can consistently play solid the Bulls will probably make it to the conference finals.

I never liked the way the NBA is set up. CLE should play Chicago in round 2 if they both win their round 1 series. CLE is the 2 seed. So they get to play the 3 or 6 seed??? While the 4/5 seed would play the 8? Not that I'm excited to play Chicago, but I thought the purpose of seeding was to reward the higher seed. I think the higher seed should play the lowest remaining seed.

I never liked the way the NBA is set up. CLE should play Chicago in round 2 if they both win their round 1 series. CLE is the 2 seed. So they get to play the 3 or 6 seed??? While the 4/5 seed would play the 8? Not that I'm excited to play Chicago, but I thought the purpose of seeding was to reward the higher seed. I think the higher seed should play the lowest remaining seed.

I'd rather the Cavs play Toronto than Chicago, frankly

Even if everything was normal, this series wasn't a slam dunk for the #1 seed, especially in the East. The Bulls have underperformed all season long, and are really more of a #4/ #5 seed, not an 8.

The main story in this though, is Celts star guard Isiah Thomas. Last week at this time, he was on top of the world, capturing an unlikely #1 seed over the heavily favored Cavs. Within the last 4 days, his life is upside down. Certainly no one would have faulted Thomas for skipping the first few games, if not all of this series. He had a younger sister pass away in a tragic car accident. But we hold our pro athletes to a higher standard than ourselves.
In all honesty, this series means little to the Celtics anymore. This could happen to any of their players at any time, and it just gives you a dose of reality that these are just games played by adults.

How is that the main story when Thomas has scored 33 and 20 on a combined 48.5% shooting? The main story is the Celtics just don't have enough star power to compete in the playoffs and are a terrible rebounding team. Been outrebounded by 22 rebounds in the first two games.

14red's sources tell him this series means little to the Celtics now that Thomas' sister died.

Makes sense, they definitely want to lay down and be humiliated on a national stage. That will help the grieving.

I can understand the reasoning for that, but honestly, I'd much rather the Cavs played the Raptors/Bucks winner. The Bulls IMO are a lot more dangerous than either of those teams, albeit there's a reason they barely went .500. They probably should have finished at worst fifth in the East.

How is that the main story when Thomas has scored 33 and 20 on a combined 48.5% shooting? The main story is the Celtics just don't have enough star power to compete in the playoffs and are a terrible rebounding team. Been outrebounded by 22 rebounds in the first two games.

Yep. Should have went all-in to acquire Butler a couple months ago.

I can understand the reasoning for that, but honestly, I'd much rather the Cavs played the Raptors/Bucks winner. The Bulls IMO are a lot more dangerous than either of those teams, albeit there's a reason they barely went .500. They probably should have finished at worst fifth in the East.

I'm with you. I'm saying in general though.