Eastern Buckeye Conference EBC 2021

Also, Salem 11 Minerva 0 yesterday. I got to see that game, Salem is really good and Minerva will struggle this year.

Results from 4/6 (correct me if I am wrong)

Minerva 8
South 1

Salem 2
Alliance 1

Marlington 13
Carrollton 3

West Branch 10
Ursiline 0

And last night Salem over Alliance again, 11-10 ...........I think the Quakers are 6-1 and unbeaten in league play.

I tried to explain how overrated Alliance is, no one wanted to listen. Well Lane Rhodes dominated them to lead the way to the sweep. Oh and that one kid is winless on the year.

He has pitched 10 hitless innings with 22 Ks on a strict pitch count. There are a dozen MLB scouts at his games for a reason. Your hate or jealousy, whatever it is, is juvenile.

I tried to explain how overrated Alliance is, no one wanted to listen. Well Lane Rhodes dominated them to lead the way to the sweep. Oh and that one kid is winless on the year.
Let’s let the season play out- Salem has a very good team, good pitching and good defense. Bruni is an amazing talent and may be winless but he hasn’t lost either and he hasn’t given up an hit or run in 2 games. West Branch has Cunningham and Marlington is good overall- I think I they play next week. Any of these teams can beat each other and the league title is a long way away. Minerva does have a pretty good ace on Evan Barnes and they can sneak in a win or 2 with him, if they field the ball.

Salem and Marlington by far best teams in the league. Carrollton and South looking like a couple JV teams this year. Alliance is mediocre at best. Early prediction for POTY is Rhodes beating out Bruni by 1 vote.

Stop, lets be realistic. That kid not good. Sorry if his parents see this, but I honestly think he is one of the most unathletic kids I have ever seen.
The disrespect, imagine going on yappi to hate on players, quit praying on his downfall just because you didn’t make it anywhere out of high school.

Mayle is the 3rd or 4th best pitcher....on his own team.... a team that will finish last in EBC. Coach Richeson will get it turned in right direction, just will take a few years. Best of luck to all.

Mayle is the 3rd or 4th best pitcher....on his own team.... a team that will finish last in EBC. Coach Richeson will get it turned in right direction, just will take a few years. Best of luck to all.
I know your a big basketball guy but we are talking about the baseball field here not the court. He’s a menace on court but keep this chat about baseball.

Let's keep it real, Salem will steam roll everyone until the District final. Might have a close game with Marlington but they are too good and too deep. Can hit 1-9 no question and very deep pitching. Only thing that can stop them is walks and errors in the field.

Let's keep it real, Salem will steam roll everyone until the District final. Might have a close game with Marlington but they are too good and too deep. Can hit 1-9 no question and very deep pitching. Only thing that can stop them is walks and errors in the field.
I was really impressed by Salem in the 1 game I saw and they swept Alliance. I did see Canton Sought play Marlington -they had to play in Minerva on the turf and Marlington looked pretty good too. They just swept WB.. Looks like those may be the 2 best teams.

Carrollton 6 Minerva 4
Got to see this game, it was a pretty good game. We all thought, standing in left field, that Minerva's clean up hitter hit a grand slam in the 4th or 5th inning, instead it was at the fence for a long sac fly, Carrollton's right fielder is pretty good and made a nice catch, their entire defense seemed solid. niether team is in the same category as Salem and Marlington though and probably a step below Alliance and WB.

I was really impressed by Salem in the 1 game I saw and they swept Alliance. I did see Canton Sought play Marlington -they had to play in Minerva on the turf and Marlington looked pretty good too. They just swept WB.. Looks like those may be the 2 best teams.
I hope you can make it to the Salem vs Marlinton games this week then. After seeing both teams I think Marlington is in for a world of hurt. Rhodes is going to bounce back after a tough outing last week and these kids can rake the baseball. Wilms has been throwing great too, besides the Alliance game but he was pitching to a deck of cards strike zone. He didn't throw well and these guys still found a way to win. Both teams are top 15 in the state rankings should be a great match up. This is basically the EBC title game.

I hope you can make it to the Salem vs Marlinton games this week then. After seeing both teams I think Marlington is in for a world of hurt. Rhodes is going to bounce back after a tough outing last week and these kids can rake the baseball. Wilms has been throwing great too, besides the Alliance game but he was pitching to a deck of cards strike zone. He didn't throw well and these guys still found a way to win. Both teams are top 15 in the state rankings should be a great match up. This is basically the EBC title game.
It should be a good 2 games- I don't usually venture out of Minerva but whoever pitched against Minerva at Minerva was a good one. Good luck to both teams - I think both can make a little run in the tournament too. There seems to be a lot of good college level players in the EBC. it's going to be fun to watch those games!!

Like I said the other day I like Salem in this two game series to get the sweep and win out the EBC. And man did they look GOOD last night. Lane Rhodes threw great and the defense was off the charts. Good timely hitting and made clutch defensive plays when they needed them. Darius Beck is hot as ever and if he keeps this up arguably be in the talk for POTY. Hitting around .450 if I had to guess. Drew Denham did not do anything special. Looks very overrated to me. Defentaly not a D1 players and way to cocky, hopefully got humbled with his below average performance. Pretty sure was 0-3 with three soft ground outs. Maybe a strike out in there too, not 100% sure and I don't want to bash the kid too much. Sure he is a nice, polite guy off the field but on the field a complete douche. Only true player on Marlington's squad is Dezeno. Might end up being as good as his brother or better. Skedling threw good nothing spectacular, Salem was on him all night. He's committed to Kentucky but I personally think Salem's 3 pitchers are better then him. Both Rhodes's and the Wilms kid that will throw the next game. Salem is playing very well and have not reached their full potential yet. But at the same time Canfield looks unbelievable. I think they will win the district and have great odds to win the whole thing. That team is absolutely loaded to say the least. But back to EBC, Salem will run away with it and will be the only team to give Canfield a game anytime soon.

Let's get things straight here in the EBC, Salem is the real deal. Was at the game last night and wow did they look good. The Wilms kid threw a great game and the defense played good behind him. On the offensive side they had 14 hits, I don't care who that is against that is impressive. They won 10-3 and it isn't like Marlington is a slouch. They are a good ball club too. Salem is HOT right now.