Eastern Buckeye Conference EBC 2021

Whysoserious

Let’s get this thing started. Salem may be the team to beat 2 dominant pitchers. West Branch is always good. Marlington will be good too Alliance has the one kid. Should be a fun spring

I know a little bit about Minerva but missing last year leaves a lot of unknowns.. I don't think they will be challenging for a league title but I heard they have pretty deep pitching staff with some good arms. I think they have 4 pitchers that have varisity experience from 2 years ago. The question mark after missing last year is can they hit and can they field well enough to compete?? We are pretty excited to see what Richeson can do in his 1st year as the manager since last year was a wash.

Let’s get this thing started. Salem may be the team to beat 2 dominant pitchers. West Branch is always good. Marlington will be good too Alliance has the one kid. Should be a fun spring

Alliance is going to have a lot to offer this year. Probably the best team Alliance has had since 08-09 years. A lot of talent on that team with kids that take baseball very very serious.

I think : league goes

Alliance
Minerva
West Branch
Salem
Marlington
Carrollton
Canton South

Alliance should win League

Gavin Bruni throwing high 90s like its nothing
Eric Bennett young pitcher close to throwing 90
Ryan Bruni young catcher - whos on pbr top list in his class
Caden Bates - committed to Bowling Green
Carter Bugara should be good to watch in the outfield
Brendan Zurburgg if decides to play this spring

plus they all can hit.

a lot talent on that Alliance Team.

plus they all can hit.

Like I said 1 kid

Like I said 1 kid

yeah your Right "1 kid" but that one kid is training others to be just like him within the program. "1 Kid" but I listed 6 out of 9 man line up....That 1 kid will make more money than me you ever see...

Gavin Bruni, Eric Bennett, Rome Biggers, Carter Bugara, Andrew Datz, Ryan Bruni, Caden Bates, Cam Haynes, Brendan Zurburgg just a few to name.

almost all of the pitching staff for the Aviators throwing 90 or higher.... One pitcher working to have a nasty curve ball...

This might be a most talented Aviator baseball team in a long time.

yeah your Right "1 kid" but that one kid is training others to be just like him within the program. "1 Kid" but I listed 6 out of 9 man line up....That 1 kid will make more money than me you ever see...

Gavin Bruni, Eric Bennett, Rome Biggers, Carter Bugara, Andrew Datz, Ryan Bruni, Caden Bates, Cam Haynes, Brendan Zurburgg just a few to name.

almost all of the pitching staff for the Aviators throwing 90 or higher.... One pitcher working to have a nasty curve ball...

Oh well if Everyone of the pitchers are throwing 90 or higher, clearly I’m mistaken. Wow 90!

You again huh? Lol I see you still have your agenda. Fly your flag there buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:

I personally can’t wait to watch Bruni in his senior season- great player (not only a pitcher) and a great kid. I wish him all of the best and hope he is very sucessfuly at the next level.. This kid's talent is not hype, he is for real! I do find it hard to believe the almost the entire pitching staff throws 90, most D1 colleges teams don’t even have that. If you have 2 or 3 kids hitting 80 and can CONSISTENTLY THROW STRIKES, you have a great high school pitching staff. I am not slamming any of the kids, never will, but I really don’t think almost all of the pitchers are throwing 90 but if they are, we may have a state champion from the EBC. With that being said I do think Alliance is the team to beat in the coference, especially if they have a good #2 pitcher and couple of others that are decent. But it's also really hard to predict with no season last year. I will be thrilled if I can walk to Carl Michael Fieild and see some boys playing baseball this year!

If I remember correctly Carrollton was a very young team 2 years ago and they may make some noise too. It could be a very balanced league this year.

R U kidding me right now!!? The only thing you got right is about Salem you bum. West branch will be a losing franchise in the years to come:(. Alliance is OVERRATED!!!!

R U kidding me right now!!? The only thing you got right is about Salem you bum. West branch will be a losing franchise in the years to come:(. Alliance is OVERRATED!!!!
WTF!!!! Salem sucks. Minerva will win the whole thing no doubt in my mind sir. Their whole staff is throwing 90+. Watch out for them Lions! :)

I personally can’t wait to watch Bruni in his senior season- great player (not only a pitcher) and a great kid. I wish him all of the best and hope he is very sucessfuly at the next level.. This kid's talent is not hype, he is for real! I do find it hard to believe the almost the entire pitching staff throws 90, most D1 colleges teams don’t even have that. If you have 2 or 3 kids hitting 80 and can CONSISTENTLY THROW STRIKES, you have a great high school pitching staff. I am not slamming any of the kids, never will, but I really don’t think almost all of the pitchers are throwing 90 but if they are, we may have a state champion from the EBC. With that being said I do think Alliance is the team to beat in the coference, especially if they have a good #2 pitcher and couple of others that are decent. But it's also really hard to predict with no season last year. I will be thrilled if I can walk to Carl Michael Fieild and see some boys playing baseball this year!

If I remember correctly Carrollton was a very young team 2 years ago and they may make some noise too. It could be a very balanced league this year.
You again huh? Lol I see you still have your agenda. Fly your flag there buddy.
This is baseball talk bro keep it about the sport! Speaking of the sport, Alliance is so overrated it is disgusting?. We’ll see this year when they’re all talk! MINERVA 2021!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey man, don’t lie. Everyone reading this right now knows your pitching staff is not throwing all 90’s. That might be the most ridiculous thing i’ve ever heard. Listen here pal, it’s high school, not Division 1 college baseball. :(

I’m shaking in my boots now. I know Salem has a couple good pitchers that’s for sure. I agree Alliance is overrated all of them .

Hey man, don’t lie. Everyone reading this right now knows your pitching staff is not throwing all 90’s. That might be the most ridiculous thing i’ve ever heard. Listen here pal, it’s high school, not Division 1 college baseball. :(

I guess i should have said 2 10th graders are at 87-89. Bruni is at mid 90s, and another 10th grader is at like 80-85.. Close enough to all being 90s

I guess i should have said 2 10th graders are at 87-89. Bruni is at mid 90s, and another 10th grader is at like 80-85.. Close enough to all being 90s
Listen here pal... I guess we’ll see when the season starts, but I believe your fibbing! Don’t let me catch you lying on yappi man! You won’t hear the end of it⁉️

Listen here pal... I guess we’ll see when the season starts, but I believe your fibbing! Don’t let me catch you lying on yappi man! You won’t hear the end of it⁉
85 ain’t 90 and Aviators are gonna be contenders for last place hard to win with one kid. Salem marlington west Branch fight it out

Sounds like a good staff and Bruni is for sure the real deal. Anyone the says otherwise is a moron. I have seen a lot of talented Alliance teams over the years under achieve and end up in the middle of the pack. I pick them to finish at the top in a very balanced league this year but I wouldn’t be shocked it they are a middle of the pack team.

Did the sophomore throwing 87-89 commit to a college yet, that is unbelievably fast for a 15-16 year old!!

Pr

I would say no. Because there is not one. I may be a moron but I think the kid is overrated. Tell me a big game alliances ace has won ?
High school baseball means very little. I am guessing he won more big games in summer ball then most kids played. Against way better competition so I will respectfully disagree about Bruni. Ohio state is not going to recruit a kid that overrated. I think he is the real deal. but I will agree with the other kids hitting upper 80s. Heck upper 70s is good in high school

Last edited:
Bruni is committed to OSU
Bates (10th grader) committed to BGSU

another 10th grader to look out for is Eric Bennett
Very nice- good luck to all of those boys- I hope your coach can win with that talent. I have seen many very talented Alliance teams over the years finish in the middle of the pack. Good luck to them..

Too bad their best squad will be on the bottom of the league this season? #LIONS2021

Too bad their best squad will be on the bottom of the league this season? #LIONS2021
Fully agree alliance will battle it out for bottom 3 spots. Pretty much like all alliance sports teams . They may have talent but that only takes you so far.
west Branch Salem and canton south have coaches . Marlington has a new guy but I’d assume he’ll be good

Fully agree alliance will battle it out for bottom 3 spots. Pretty much like all alliance sports teams . They may have talent but that only takes you so far.
west Branch Salem and canton south have coaches . Marlington has a new guy but I’d assume he’ll be good
It’s so hard to predict how the season will go since last year was canceled. I am hearing more about Minerva. They have really young coaching staff. Head coach Richeson is a true baseball guy, young and all kinds of energy. I heard they have a veteran team with all juniors and seniors and maybe the deepest pitching staff in years- they don’t have anyone to throwing 90 but have some good high school arms that know how to pitch. I don’t see a league championship this year but look for the Lions to be competitive.

It’s so hard to predict how the season will go since last year was canceled. I am hearing more about Minerva. They have really young coaching staff. Head coach Richeson is a true baseball guy, young and all kinds of energy. I heard they have a veteran team with all juniors and seniors and maybe the deepest pitching staff in years- they don’t have anyone to throwing 90 but have some good high school arms that know how to pitch. I don’t see a league championship this year but look for the Lions to be competitive.
Don’t doubt them lions, with a pitching staff like they got this year anything is possible. #LIONSONTOP

plus they all can hit.

I read about the game in the paper, sounded like a heckuva game with 2 dominate pitchers. 1-0 WB in 12 innings!! I imagine you have to feel like WB stole one from the Aviators in winning a game with Bruni on the mound. I saw that Bruni pitched 5 innings, had 14 strikeouts, 1 walk and no hits -dominance!. Cunningham went 8 innings with 15 strikeouts, 0 runs, no walks and 2 hits, also dominance!

I have to think tonight's game will have some runs scored..