Eastern Buckeye Conference 2019-20

So proud of my Lions knocking off Steubenville last night. Shawn Green doesn't get near the credit that he deserves for being one of the best coaches in northeast Ohio. Every year he gets a new crop of sub six foot, not real athletic kids to just compete their tails off night in and night out and somehow towards the end of every game he's got them right there within striking distance. He is one of those rare coaches that makes his kids believe that no matter who it is that they are tipping it off against that they always have a shot. No coach does more with less than coach Green. Always good to be a Lion!!!
He’s good, but I would give that nod to grisdale at poland, no matter the players they are in every game and usually win

December 21
Rootstown @ Alliance (Mount Union)
Waterloo @ Marlington (Mount Union)
Springfield @ Salem
Mogadore @ West Branch (Mount Union)
Canton South vs Warren JFK

Looks like EBC vs PTC-County and EBC vs MVAC today aside from the Canton South-Warren JFK matchup at Walsh today.

Is west branch still in the boardman district?

According to the link below, West Branch is still in the Boardman District.

December 28
Canton South @ Northwest
Carrollton vs Bishop Ready
Marlington 54— Loudonville 46

December 27
Alliance 74 -- Field 32
Marlington 46— Harrison 58
Tusky Valley 53 -- Minerva 37
Hoban @ Salem
West Branch 58 -- South Range 40

December 23
West Branch 62 -- Ravenna 55
Malvern 51 -- Minerva 44

December 21
Alliance 80 - -Rootstown 54
Waterloo 71 -- Marlington 65
Springfield 77 -- Salem 35
Mogadore 70 -- West Branch 53
Canton South 83 -- Warren JFK 79

December 28
Canton South @ Northwest
Carrollton vs Bishop Ready
Marlington 54— Loudonville 46

December 27
Alliance 74 -- Field 32
Marlington 46— Harrison 58
Tusky Valley 53 -- Minerva 37
Hoban @ Salem
West Branch 58 -- South Range 40

December 23
West Branch 62 -- Ravenna 55
Malvern 51 -- Minerva 44

December 21
Alliance 80 - -Rootstown 54
Waterloo 71 -- Marlington 65
Springfield 77 -- Salem 35
Mogadore 70 -- West Branch 53
Canton South 83 -- Warren JFK 79

Hoban-Salem was a girls game last night, not a boys game.

EDIT: And so was the West Branch-South Range game. I think West Branch lost to Waterloo 59-56 on Friday.

Last edited:
I have forgotten more information and opinions on the EBC than you can even imagine. I point out how little interest there is and you point a finger at me. Lame! Give me some input about the league this year instead of generalizations. It just proves how little anyone knows or cares. Where is the interest. Opinions, Projections??

Your warriors are sitting in a position they have not seen in a while, yet your not going out on a limb to even suggest such a thing.

I have forgotten more information and opinions on the EBC than you can even imagine. I point out how little interest there is and you point a finger at me. Lame! Give me some input about the league this year instead of generalizations. It just proves how little anyone knows or cares. Where is the interest. Opinions, Projections??
I guess I should have said "whom ever doesn't care, don't post". But you obviously care...and since you have forgotten more than I can even imagine(how ever much that is?), why don't you grant us some of this vast knowledge instead of just complaining about how bad the league is... You are right about interest in the league waning... Sorry for pointing a finger. My therapist has been working with me on that....How do you know I walk with a limp?... I don't see enough of the league anymore to have good input, my days of having vast knowledge have long past... Not sure if that proves how little anyone knows or cares, but its all I got... Last I saw, interest was chasing prime...According to my wife, my opinion doesn't count... As far as projections, I'll go out on a limb with the team who scores the most points will win.

Was having a bad day. I feel better now, except for the headache I have trying to imagine how much you've forgotten.

I'm not always an arse, but today it just feels right.

the limp thing is funny. if you only knew. the warriors thing, rates a little weak. try harder. the therapist thing is too bad. did you wear loafers without socks or was it suspenders. anyway, WB escaped south. they are vulnerable. Carrollton not used to where they are but my choice, for now. Marlington had too much pre season hype and they are predictable but believe me they are good. South is the surprise team. could beat anyone but don't know how to, yet. Alliance I liked pre-season but have not panned out. Minerva and Salem. In your expert opinion am I close. Anyone else want to chime in... You are all experts.

the limp thing is funny. if you only knew. the warriors thing, rates a little weak. try harder. the therapist thing is too bad. did you wear loafers without socks or was it suspenders. anyway, WB escaped south. they are vulnerable. Carrollton not used to where they are but my choice, for now. Marlington had too much pre season hype and they are predictable but believe me they are good. South is the surprise team. could beat anyone but don't know how to, yet. Alliance I liked pre-season but have not panned out. Minerva and Salem. In your expert opinion am I close. Anyone else want to chime in... You are all experts.
Very nice. I got no problem with it. I think Marlington is the most talented, but that doesn't really mean anything. Who ever wins all their home games and steals 1 out of the big 3 on the road will have the inside track. South could surprise anybody, but I don't think they are quite with the other 4 teams.

Last edited:
January 11
Carrollton 61 -- East Liverpool 54
Minerva 57 -- Sandy Valley 53, 2 OT
South Range 52 -- Salem 38

January 10
Alliance 63 -- Marlington 61
Salem 57 -- Canton South 54
West Branch 41 -- Carrollton 35