Eastern Buckeye Conference 2019-20

Thoughts on the EBC now that all football is over for the season.

League favorites?
Players returning?
Player of the year thoughts?
Thoughts on coaches?

Good luck to the EBC and stay healthy kids!

WOW the excitement is over the top. Should let this one just slip right to the second page. It will be there most of the year. I usually have great predictions for the EBL (everybody but Louisville), but I will hold out for the experts to chime in first. See you on page two. "EBC for Life"

WOW the excitement is over the top. Should let this one just slip right to the second page. It will be there most of the year. I usually have great predictions for the EBL (everybody but Louisville), but I will hold out for the experts to chime in first. See you on page two. "EBC for Life"
Still can’t get over something from a couple years ago huh? Get over it

I would say that Marlington, West Branch and Alliance could all win the league.
Dukes have a lot of fire power back with Pucci, Evanich, Bennett
Branch has big man Everett with point guard Leone and off guards Scarpetti, Pidgeon and Smith
Alliance will have Strata, Alexander, Talbert and Jackson all back.

Carrollton has Chaney back and I think Benner

The other 3 teams (Canton South, Minerva, and Salem) will battling for last 3 spots.

I would say that Marlington, West Branch and Alliance could all win the league.
Dukes have a lot of fire power back with Pucci, Evanich, Bennett
Branch has big man Everett with point guard Leone and off guards Scarpetti, Pidgeon and Smith
Alliance will have Strata, Alexander, Talbert and Jackson all back.

Carrollton has Chaney back and I think Benner

The other 3 teams (Canton South, Minerva, and Salem) will battling for last 3 spots.

I believe one of those west branch guards tore their acl during soccer season. Tough break for first year coach Mike brown!

Alliance is the favorite. High ceiling but always have a lapse in focus.
Marlington will be solid and play with the most consistency.

The rest will beat each other up. Wins on the road will be tough.
South, Carrollton, West Branch will share victories with losses. Among this group, WB has the most experience, Carrollton will be difficult to beat at home and South will find the shooting touch on the right night and win a couple.
Salem and Minerva are young and rebuilding. They both can steal a game from the middle pack.

Got to think alliance and marlington will battle for top spot, just like every other sport. Is there a better player than Marlington’s Pucci??

Thoughts on the EBC now that all football is over for the season.

League favorites?
Players returning?
Player of the year thoughts?
Thoughts on coaches?

Good luck to the EBC and stay healthy kids!

Marlington and Alliance (just like every other boys sport).

Minerva returners: JR Noah Sallade, SR Mitch Greer. Very little varsity experience other than those 2 and only Sallade started. Will have a tough time finding points with the absence of Williams.

Player of the year: Pucci Marlington or Leone from WB. Multiple kids from Alliance.

Coach Green at Minerva will have his work cut out for him. He is a very good coach but will be working with limited talent and not much size. there are a couple of decent sophomores in Costea and Shingleton and a freshman who is a great athlete, Bronson Ford. Probably going to be a rebuilding year for the Lions this year.

A lot of interesting games on the schedules, should be a fun season.
Interesting, After two years, the hard feeling must still exist, I only see Louisville on one schedule. Can't the grown ups grow up and let the kids play?
Also, would be nice to see a few more NE8 vs EBC games. Maybe a good tournament set-up at Cavelli center.

Canfield 63 Marlington 62. Dukes were up 20+ in first half. Marlington has a balanced attack on offense but there is not a whole lot of depth off the bench for them to use

Dec 10th scores

Central 70 -- Alliance 52
St Thomas 51 -- Canton South 48
Northwest 57 -- Marlington 41
Girard 64 -- Salem 42
West Branch 69 -- Memorial 49

Friday, December 13 games

Marlington (2-2) @ Carrollton (2-1)
Minerva (2-1) @ Canton South (1-3)
Alliance (0-2) @ Salem (0-2)
Canfield @ West Branch (4-0)

Alliance 70 -- Salem 48
Canton South 50 -- Minerva 40
Carrollton 58 -- Marlington 46
West Branch 53 -- Canfield 50

Chaney went for 27 against Marlington . Big win for the warriors moving forward .

December 21
Rootstown @ Alliance Waterloo @ Marlington
Springfield @ Salem Mogadore @ West Branch

December 20
Canton South @ Alliance Carrollton @ Minerva
West Branch @ Marlington

December 17
Alliance @ Northwest Minerva @ Steubenville
Columbiana @ Salem

The 12/21 games for Alliance, Marlington and West Branch are all at Mount Union.
Alliance/Rootstown at 1:30, Hoover/East Tech at 3:10, Mogadore/WB at 5:15 and Marlington/Waterloo at 7

So proud of my Lions knocking off Steubenville last night. Shawn Green doesn't get near the credit that he deserves for being one of the best coaches in northeast Ohio. Every year he gets a new crop of sub six foot, not real athletic kids to just compete their tails off night in and night out and somehow towards the end of every game he's got them right there within striking distance. He is one of those rare coaches that makes his kids believe that no matter who it is that they are tipping it off against that they always have a shot. No coach does more with less than coach Green. Always good to be a Lion!!!