East District Division 3

hoopsfan22

Who are some of the teams and players to watch this year in Division 3 East District.

Top Teams: Fort Frye, Morgan, Ridgewood, Union Local

Top Players: Kobe Mitchell (Harrison Central), Carver Myers (Morgan), Nic Hart (Fort Frye), Luke Merritt (Union Local), Logan Smith (Martins Ferry)

With tourney draw approaching in a few weeks, does anyone have updated records for teams in D3 East District?

So many scheduling changes and quarantines has made for some interesting match-ups and roller coaster like results for some squads.

-Fort Frye to my knowledge is roughly 10-1 and the team to beat with their only loss to Warren Local.

Other teams with eyes set on a chance at a district appearance are:

-Ridgewood with 3 losses (Tusky Valley, Carrollton, Hiland)

-Tusky Valley with 4 losses (Shenandoah, Malvern, Garaway, New Philadelphia)

-Morgan with 5 losses and 3 of them without their best player (Meadowbrook, John Glenn, Maysville, West Muskingum, Fort Frye)

-Union Local with 3 losses (Bellaire, St. Clairsville, Harrison Central)

-Harrison Central with 5 losses (Union Local, Bellaire, St. Clairsville, Olmstead Falls, Steubenville)

In my opinion that’s the top 6 teams right now in no particular order.

Fort Frye will be unanimous #1 seed. After that: Union Local, TV, Ridgewood will battle for top 4 seeds. West Muskingum Morgan, Harrison Central are quality opponents and if one of these teams hops into the same half as Fort Frye could reach District Semis. Coshocton, Garaway, and Ferry will be tough first round outs.

divison-3 in the East District is going to be real dog fight to get to the regionals, i know FORT FRYE is the top dog in d3, but they could get easy upset ,from teams 2 through 7 seeds, but then again with home court adavantage this year should help the higher seeds