Dwayne Haskins skipping NFL draft amid plunging concerns

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Dwayne Haskins won’t be the sad kid left with his face plastered across television and social media, waiting to hear his name called.

The Ohio State quarterback will not be one of the prospects in attendance in Nashville, a possible sign his stock is slipping, as the NFL on Tuesday announced which hopefuls would be there. The other three top quarterbacks — Kyler Murray of Oklahoma, Drew Lock of Missouri and Daniel Jones of Duke — will be on hand on April 25.

Read more:
https://nypost.com/2019/04/10/dwayne-haskins-skipping-nfl-draft-amid-plunging-concerns/

GOod for him.

Even if his stock wasn't plunging, it is the right thing.

Joe Thomas did it the right way. The rest of them who show up just do so for the attention.

GOod for him.

Even if his stock wasn't plunging, it is the right thing.

Joe Thomas did it the right way. The rest of them who show up just do so for the attention.

i disagree. the amount of time these kids have put into football their whole lives, to be able to come up on stage and be announced as a first round draft pick is something that's pretty damn special and they do get to have tons of family, etc there as well.

it's not attention seeking. the NFL offers it to them. they've earned it. let them have their moment.

i disagree. the amount of time these kids have put into football their whole lives, to be able to come up on stage and be announced as a first round draft pick is something that's pretty damn special and they do get to have tons of family, etc there as well.

it's not attention seeking. the NFL offers it to them. they've earned it. let them have their moment.

They can have their moment, I just don't prefer the attention and thought what Joe Thomas did was something that I would have done.

It sounds like he planned to spend the weekend at home with his family all along.

I would not be surprised if the draft stock plunging rumors are planted by a team hoping that he falls. This is the silly season for draft rumors and stories.

They can have their moment, I just don't prefer the attention and thought what Joe Thomas did was something that I would have done.

When you’re selected in the first round of the NFL Draft you can choose to stay at home with your family. Until then, let the kids enjoy their moment.

I just he ends up in a situation that allows him to slowly grow into being a NFL QB. Teams are so quick to get the 1st round QB on the field when they really need time learning and studying the NFL game.

Maybe he doesn't want to repeat the Brady Quinn situation.

Or Aaron Rodgers who slipped big time. The was uncomfortable to watch.

The 'look at me' attitudes starts in HS when some of these guys have a media day and announce their college choice by which hat they put on.

Come one.

Local business/school poked fun at that practice by posting pics with two HS kids who signed thelr letter of intent to work at their place of business after HS!

He could end up being the best QB in this draft in the long run,need to give them time to grow in the Pro system...I sure like his chances.

There is one simple answer- the kid should do whatever he wants to do. It's his day. Some kids want to wear a fluorescent suit and make a show of it, others want to walleye fish with their dad. Neither is wrong.

I once had plunging concerns, as well, but I eventually cut out the white bread and hard cheddar cheese sandwiches and everything started going down the toilet with just one flush again.

Or Aaron Rodgers who slipped big time. The was uncomfortable to watch.

The 'look at me' attitudes starts in HS when some of these guys have a media day and announce their college choice by which hat they put on.

Come one.

Local business/school poked fun at that practice by posting pics with two HS kids who signed thelr letter of intent to work at their place of business after HS!

That attitude starts way before HS. And let the kids have their fun, they’re accomplishing something very few people will ever achieve.

There is one simple answer- the kid should do whatever he wants to do. It's his day. Some kids want to wear a fluorescent suit and make a show of it, others want to walleye fish with their dad. Neither is wrong.

Clark I can always count on you to have the sensible answer ... I agree completely!

I once had plunging concerns, as well, but I eventually cut out the white bread and hard cheddar cheese sandwiches and everything started going down the toilet with just one flush again.

A cedar shake shim and doubled plastic shopping bags (still check for holes!) with a few paper towels in the bottom may be in order. I'd rather toss a shim in the trash than take a suction cup to a knife fight :thumb:

#15 to Redskins.

First Big 10 QB to be drafted in first round since 1995 (Kerry Collins). Kind of an amazing stat.