DVII Region 25 Final: Lucas @ Warren JFK

#5 is a good runner and has moxie, hard nosed young man
#42 runs hard but more like a FB, hard nosed young man
OLine/Dline is big but doesn't move well on both sides of the ball, doesn't change the line of scrimmage
Teams they play cant match their physicality except for Springfield. Hence the 49-13 score.
McDonald was the hardest hitting team Lucas faced last season. That includes Marion Local, Lima Central Catholic, Cuyahoga Heights and Harvest Prep.

"___________ (insert any R25 team here) is not any good and play a weak schedule."

~ JFK fan
Dnis30 You keep speaking of last year, that season has ended. Its a new team, new mentality, new season. Last years Lucas team is not playing on the field and that is evident.
dnis30, I don't make statements for the sake of talking... Lucas is a good football team
Offensively for Lucas #10 TB and #7 WR are their best offensive players. Both good athletes
#74 appears to be their best Olineman, way better Olineman the Dlineman
#35 upback is average blocker on offense
#21 good lead blocker
#10 TB got a little scoot to him
#7 WR also has some scoot to him and can make plays on his own
#24 good blocker & receiver, washes everyone down as a blocker
#64 is average
#52 is a decent player but just has no lbs, kid got heart
#78 is all heart and hustles.
Oline struggles pass blocking
Defensively:
#74 is large, slow footed
#52 smaller kid, HUSTLES and runs to the ball on every play, kid plays the game the right way
#64 plays at the line of scrimmage
All Dlineman shoot their hands which is nice to see(COACHING) not overly aggressive out of their stance though, at times they play with leverage
#21 bigger body looks lost in space when not walked up to the line of scrimmage
#35,#24: BEST Defensive players, both come down hill, play the LB position as its suppose to be played, great tandom, well coached because they move as if they are attached on a string to one another. Super impressed with those two
Lucas is well coached and well prepared, their kids play with passion which is evident because they all run to the ball and they celebrate together.
That sir is my own observations of the Lucas team as we speak

Dnis30 You keep speaking of last year, that season has ended. Its a new team, new mentality, new season. Last years Lucas team is not playing on the field and that is evident.
dnis30, I don't make statements for the sake of talking... Lucas is a good football team
Offensively for Lucas #10 TB and #7 WR are their best offensive players. Both good athletes
#74 appears to be their best Olineman, way better Olineman the Dlineman
#35 upback is average blocker on offense
#21 good lead blocker
#10 TB got a little scoot to him
#7 WR also has some scoot to him and can make plays on his own
#24 good blocker & receiver, washes everyone down as a blocker
#64 is average
#52 is a decent player but just has no lbs, kid got heart
#78 is all heart and hustles.
Oline struggles pass blocking
Defensively:
#74 is large, slow footed
#52 smaller kid, HUSTLES and runs to the ball on every play, kid plays the game the right way
#64 plays at the line of scrimmage
All Dlineman shoot their hands which is nice to see(COACHING) not overly aggressive out of their stance though, at times they play with leverage
#21 bigger body looks lost in space when not walked up to the line of scrimmage
#35,#24: BEST Defensive players, both come down hill, play the LB position as its suppose to be played, great tandom, well coached because they move as if they are attached on a string to one another. Super impressed with those two
Lucas is well coached and well prepared, their kids play with passion which is evident because they all run to the ball and they celebrate together.
That sir is my own observations of the Lucas team as we speak
Great analysis. I cannot argue with any of this.

My point about McDonald is, they returned most of their talent from last year's team and they were tough as nails last year. That is all. I realize this is a new season, and yes, my Cubs lost a lot. 5 All-Ohioans and 4 other darn good seniors to be exact.

Just having some fun with you guys. However, with what I have read from your faithful recently, my statements stand.

Last edited:
Week 7:
Lowellville
Plymouth
South Central
Mapleton
Buckeye Central

Week 8:
JFK
St. Paul
Dalton
Malvern
Lucas
Independence
Leetonia
McDonald

Week 9:
JFK
Dalton
Lucas
McDonald

Week 10:
Dalton
Lucas

Week 11:
In (I believe) their first ever meeting, Lucas defeats Dalton 21-13 to win back-to-back R25 championships.

Last edited:
I’m just making predictions by week. We had a shortened season, either 1 or zero scrimmages, some teams had COVID shutdowns (McDonald I know in the y-town area did in mid August) etc. Makes it tough to gauge and teams can really start gelling and hitting their stride here.

I’m just making predictions by week. We had a shortened season, either 1 or zero scrimmages, some teams had COVID shutdowns (McDonald I know in the y-town area did in mid August) etc. Makes it tough to gauge and teams can really start gelling and hitting their stride here.
Fair enough.

Galion is pretty good. They had some kids suspended for a few weeks, but when all their kids are out there, they are a talented group. They aren't on Shelby's level, but they have a good QB in Wilson Frankhouse and a dang good WR/RB in Donaldson. Their D is rather stingy as well. I was impressed with them. I heard prior to that game that they were getting everyone back. I knew we were in for a battle at their place. We have played all road games, and I think our kids are feeling the effects. The atmosphere will be great for a hopeful round 2 'senior night' in Lucas vs Mapleton or CH.

I have not seen any of the other teams you have mentioned, but I will say that Dalton vs Norwayne score was interesting. Holding Norwayne to 21 is no small feat. They have been boat-racing everyone, including a pretty stout 5-1 Northwestern squad. NSP and McDonald seem to be hitting their stride as well.
Didn't think you were allowed to use playoff games as Sr. Nites? Not that I care, just don't want to see anyone catch heat for that...

Didn't think you were allowed to use playoff games as Sr. Nites? Not that I care, just don't want to see anyone catch heat for that...
You are correct. You are not allowed to have any special ceremonies at State tournament contests. It would have to be after the game or on another night.

But due to the circumstances, I'm sure there are concessions that can be made to allow something. Everything is supposed to be about the kids right? Wearing masks, social distancing, following guidelines all so that the kids can play. So hopefully, commen sense rules out in this situation.

Norwalk SP is on their 4th QB this year. Losing QB1 and QB2 to long term or season ending injuries cuts deep in a small program since they play defense too. I don't think they will be going very far, but they do seem to over achieve year after year so maybe they'll prove me wrong.

Week 7:
Lowellville
Plymouth
South Central
Mapleton
Buckeye Central

Week 8:
Warren JFK
Norwalk St. Paul
Dalton
Malvern
Lucas
Monroeville
Leetonia
McDonald

Week 9:
Norwalk St. Paul
Dalton
Lucas
McDonald

Week 10:
Norwalk St. Paul
Lucas

Week 11:
In their first ever meeting, Lucas beats Norwalk St. Paul 28-14 to win back-to-back R25 championships.

Your predictions?
Heck I'll give it a shot.

Week 7
Valley Christian
Plymouth
Fairport (upset?) lol
Heights
Buckeye

Week 8
JFK
Southern (Upset?)
Dalton
Malvern
Lucas
Independence
Leetonia (by one score)
McDonald

Week 9
JFK
Dalton
Lucas
McDonald

Week 10
JFK
McDonald

Week 11
JFK

You are correct. You are not allowed to have any special ceremonies at State tournament contests. It would have to be after the game or on another night.

But due to the circumstances, I'm sure there are concessions that can be made to allow something. Everything is supposed to be about the kids right? Wearing masks, social distancing, following guidelines all so that the kids can play. So hopefully, commen sense rules out in this situation.
Lucas may do something afterwards then. After all 6 games on the road, our seniors deserve something.

Norwalk SP is on their 4th QB this year. Losing QB1 and QB2 to long term or season ending injuries cuts deep in a small program since they play defense too. I don't think they will be going very far, but they do seem to over achieve year after year so maybe they'll prove me wrong.
Thank you for that info. That changes mine a bit.

I thought Lucas was playing home games at a nearby school?
No sir. They played all 6 games on the road. There is talk of moving our home playoff games to Madison Comprehensive, but I haven't heard if that is going to happen yet or not. In 2018, Lucas played their home playoff game vs Hannibal River at Madison after our field was deemed too wet to play on.

No sir. They played all 6 games on the road. There is talk of moving our home playoff games to Madison Comprehensive, but I haven't heard if that is going to happen yet or not. In 2018, Lucas played their home playoff game vs Hannibal River at Madison after our field was deemed too wet to play on.

Furr from the News journal is pushing for the move to Madison, but it isn't going to happen at this point.

While none of the contenders are obviously playing this weekend it will be interesting to see how some of their opponents do. A lot of teams only played in their league bubble, so this will be the first time to see how those teams do outside of their league.

While none of the contenders are obviously playing this weekend it will be interesting to see how some of their opponents do. A lot of teams only played in their league bubble, so this will be the first time to see how those teams do outside of their league.
I agree, it should give us some good insight on games in the later rounds

Great point. Never thought about that.

I've never heard of a coach saying anything like that. Craziness.
Utterly ridiculous. Even if I felt that way I wouldn’t admit it to the public or to my players.

How would you think they would feel after hearing that garbage? I’d have little confidence in him after that.