DVII Region 25 Final: Lucas @ Warren JFK

It’ll be interesting how the voting goes. There is 3 5-0 teams and 9 4-1 teams in a region that covers a lot of ground. There will be 11 byes so a 4-1 team will be playing in week 7.

It’ll be interesting how the voting goes. There is 3 5-0 teams and 9 4-1 teams in a region that covers a lot of ground. There will be 11 byes so a 4-1 team will be playing in week 7.

I'd be surprised if Fairport Harding or maybe Jackson Milton aren't the 12th seed. I supposed it's possible 3-2 Plymouth gets the 12 seed.

From the scores in this region on Joe E, I’m not seeing anyone who has a spectacular win. Lots of wins again 2-3 teams.
Doesn’t really matter this year anyway. There is no excuses.. all will be decided on the field.

I'd be surprised if Fairport Harding or maybe Jackson Milton aren't the 12th seed. I supposed it's possible 3-2 Plymouth gets the 12 seed.

I think it’ll likely be Fairpot, while Reserve isn’t the WR of yesteryear that win is still way better than any of Fairports.

But I think the seeding will be interesting. Unlike basketball and districts, you are seeding more teams, from a much wider area, and with only 5 data points.

Oh yeah for sure. Hopefully the coaches do a good job on researching and seeding well and not just based on their area and record.
I think the top 4 or 5 seeds should be pretty set, just the order needs sorted. Some seeds will be more interesting. Leetonia is one that comes to mind. Jackson-Milton may have been another but they blew their chance last week. That was a very bad loss that will most likely have them playing week 7.

I think the top 4 or 5 seeds should be pretty set, just the order needs sorted. Some seeds will be more interesting. Leetonia is one that comes to mind. Jackson-Milton may have been another but they blew their chance last week. That was a very bad loss that will most likely have them playing week 7.
Is Jackson Milton that good? They barely beat Lowellville and to be honest, Lowellville should’ve beaten them. A lot of missed passes from the Rockets that game. I’m happy JM beat Reserve, but just not sold on them... yet

Is Jackson Milton that good? They barely beat Lowellville and to be honest, Lowellville should’ve beaten them. A lot of missed passes from the Rockets that game. I’m happy JM beat Reserve, but just not sold on them... yet
No I don't think they are, at all. That was kind of my point. They could of been 5-0 and maybe would of gotten a bye but showed everyone what they truly are by getting blown out by Ridge.

37-7 Lucas lost? Cmon man. JFK loses to the Gmen 27-21 and then the Gmen go and beat Moggy in OT. JFK has no speed. Can’t wait
Not trying to start an argument, but I doubt Kennedy would have faired much better. IMO, it would have still been at least a 3 TD spread. Shelby is potential final 4 team in DIV.

The matchup you want is coming. Be Patient.

Not trying to start an argument, but I doubt Kennedy would have faired much better. IMO, it would have still been at least a 3 TD spread. Shelby is potential final 4 team in DIV.

Too be fair, I'm not sure Marion Local would beat Shelby either. This season anyway.

Whats the background of Shelby? I legit am not familiar with them at all. Do they have any football history and tradition? And what is a Whippet? Im intrigued by this Shelby now

Whats the background of Shelby? I legit am not familiar with them at all. Do they have any football history and tradition? And what is a Whippet? Im intrigued by this Shelby now
If I remember correctly, Shelby had a QB go to Minnesota a couple years ago. From what I have seen, they can score some points. A Whippet is a dog, I probably only know this because I used to have a Whippet.

If I remember correctly, Shelby had a QB go to Minnesota a couple years ago. From what I have seen, they can score some points. A Whippet is a dog, I probably only know this because I used to have a Whippet.
Shelby has a deep football tradition. They haven't had a ton of success in the playoffs, but have made some deep runs in recent years in DIV. And yes, a Whippet is a dog, similar to a greyhound. Often a source of jokes for rival teams. And Brennan Armstrong is the QB in question. He decommitted from Minnesota to play for Bronco Mendenhall at Virginia. Started his first game for UVA this past weekend - beating Duke. Now he gets a spotlight game against Clemson this weekend. Yikes. <sorry to take the thread off the tracks here> As you were.

Brennan Armstrong actually went to Virginia. Just started for them this past weekend actually.

This Shelby team while not having the blowout wins like they did in 2017 I think is a deeper team. They have a legit 4 threats at WR and I believe a few RBs. While Owen Fisher has been the main RB the past year + I've seen 2 others come in late in games that going forward will be weapons and if my eyes don't deceive me are bigger.

Oh and the QB has shown to be pretty good. He's a baseball prospect.

Too be fair, I'm not sure Marion Local would beat Shelby either. This season anyway.
The 2020 Lucas v Shelby game reminded me of the 2019 Marion Local v Bishop Watterson game. Not saying we are on par with ML, but saying that darn good D7 teams playing up 3-4 divisions is tough.

Watched the game. Shelby is big up front. Not overly spectacular at any one position but a good football team. Don't think they are a final 4 DIV team. They haven't played anyone this year. I would say they would be about a middle of the pack, top 3-4 NE8 team. Behind Poland, South Range and possibly a healthy Hubbard.

Watched the game. Shelby is big up front. Not overly spectacular at any one position but a good football team. Don't think they are a final 4 DIV team. They haven't played anyone this year. I would say they would be about a middle of the pack, top 3-4 NE8 team. Behind Poland, South Range and possibly a healthy Hubbard.
Haven't played anyone? They are #1 in their region ahead of undefeated Bellevue, Keystone, Huron, Wauseon and a 4-1 Napoleon?

Last edited:
Haven't played anyone? They are #1 in their region ahead of undefeated Bellevue, Keystone, Huron, Wauseon and a 4-1 Napoleon?
They beat you guys. Thats a good win. They beat 2 1-4 teams a 2-3 team whose only wins are against those 1-4 teams and Ontario. Shelby is good, not arguing that, just haven't played a gauntlet of a schedule.

They beat you guys. Thats a good win. They beat 2 1-4 teams a 2-3 team whose only wins are against those 1-4 teams and Ontario. Shelby is good, not arguing that, just haven't played a gauntlet of a schedule.
Considering their best player hasn't seen a snap since Week 1 due to injury, I'm surprised they've done this well to date. Fisher has also been nursing an ankle, and appeared to hobble off the field in the second half against Lucas - not to return. Hopefully this doesn't become a nagging issue into the Playoffs. IMO, I don't think we know enough at this point to crown them a final four team either. But they'll be a tough out for sure.